+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: A few questions about FK

  1. #16
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    I think it's a "shiny and new" symptom.

    A dps soul suddenly has a buff that increases healing by 20%!

    20 is a rather large looking number isn't it?

    And it came from a place where previously there was absolutely 0!

    So I feel it's just a sense of "0 to +20% must be the best choice" and no one looks at the problem of it being locked behind 11 points in a dps soul and just makes assumptions.

    Or maybe Piercing Beam has just become the new /y macro for phallic related humor as a Chloro and everyone wants to use it.
    It's not 20%.

    You lose 11% going up a DPS tree to get it. So now it's 9%.

    You go up the Chloro tree those 11 points. For just points alone you get 14.25% more healing.

    So now your 9% is now 5.75%.

    Now you add in the 25% more INT for 6 secs casting a filler spell your 5.75% isn't even 5.75% anymore.

    So yes it looks like 20% more. But it's not even close.

    You pass up a insane heal from LBloom. On a tank in my gear is a tiny 200K every 10 secs. Yes every 10 secs. Add in if any of it crits and it can get even more insane. I tank cool down on a 10 secs timer. I'd say its nerf worthy.

    It's a 150K heal to everyone in the raid as well every 10 secs. I'd say its nerf worthy.

    Now add in the 30% more from a barrier. The tank get 30% from him. Now that simple 200K heal gets even larger.

    And if you don't need the 61 talent. Then you go up and get 15% more healing from Call of Spring in Chloro.

    When I don't need the cool downs I run 33 in FK. You get HUGE single target heals. And 40 in Chloro you get a group cleanse and tons on AoE healing.

    Why people look at 20% but not look what you actually get. Which is not even close to that.

  2. #17
    Ascendant Shinkirou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    A bunch of really obvious stuff
    Not sure why it seems you're trying to argue with me that LPB isn't a good choice when that's exactly what I was saying.

    Want to give Deew some tips on playing Chloro while you're at it?

    I hear he's bad and needs help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

  3. #18
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    It's a 150K heal to everyone in the raid as well every 10 secs. I'd say its nerf worthy.
    Don't even start on this nonsense.

    Legendary Bloom is the only Chloro legendary worth getting for ST-oriented Chloros (at least for the PvP players). It is a good legendary (assuming the target is close enough to foes to trigger the Vile Spores, which is not guaranteed in a PvP setting), but hardly OP by any metric.

    If mage tanks are getting too much healing from the Chloro off-soul, then Trion can go ahead and adjust the healing nerf to Arcane Ward. That would take care of any issues with Legendary Earthen Renewal as well (assuming it is even a concern).

  4. #19
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Legendary Bloom is the only Chloro legendary worth getting for ST-oriented Chloros
    I disagree; the 61 leg is definitely worth it as well. 6 0.5sec gcd Natural Healing spams are worth their weight in gold when you need more st output in a hurry (if for NO other reason, than the lack of travel time needed to get the heal off).

  5. #20
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xethx View Post
    I disagree; the 61 leg is definitely worth it as well. 6 0.5sec gcd Natural Healing spams are worth their weight in gold when you need more st output in a hurry (if for NO other reason, than the lack of travel time needed to get the heal off).
    For 61-point Chloros, sure. Though really it is only an extra 3 insta-NH over three seconds e very 20 seconds. Even Legendary Healing Torrent is more impressive, despite the fact that it represents a big "**** off" to the ST-Chloro enthusiasts.

    Besides, a 61 point Chloro would have to give up Frost Armour, Telluric Burst, Earthen Barrier, and the +24% healing (to allies/self with barriers) they would get from Crystalline Resonance. Living Aegis and Symbiosis simply do not compare, so it has been a long time since I've gone higher than 54 Chloro.

    Still, at least the legendary for Living Aegis is a measurable healing boost, and is far more appropriate for the Chloro than Legendary Blight (as if the many DPS in one's raid aren't already applying Twisted Soul on their own).
    Last edited by Nefelia; 06-06-2017 at 08:40 PM.

  6. #21
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    26

    Question Ground zero question

    Hi,

    I've got a question: is the Rime and Earthen Renewal buff on Ground Zero a passive one or is it only active when you cast Ground zero ?
    75% more is quite a lot.

    Magelo link: Ground zero

  7. #22
    Champion sirdiggby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heliodromus View Post
    Hi,

    I've got a question: is the Rime and Earthen Renewal buff on Ground Zero a passive one or is it only active when you cast Ground zero ?
    75% more is quite a lot.

    Magelo link: Ground zero
    only active when u cast ground zero.

  8. #23
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Don't even start on this nonsense.

    Legendary Bloom is the only Chloro legendary worth getting for ST-oriented Chloros (at least for the PvP players). It is a good legendary (assuming the target is close enough to foes to trigger the Vile Spores, which is not guaranteed in a PvP setting), but hardly OP by any metric.

    If mage tanks are getting too much healing from the Chloro off-soul, then Trion can go ahead and adjust the healing nerf to Arcane Ward. That would take care of any issues with Legendary Earthen Renewal as well (assuming it is even a concern).
    PvP is a different animal all together.

    But if a Chloro as a target it can hit. LB is so nerf worthy on it's 10 secs timer.

    And I've seen very few fights where I don't have something I can hit all the time.

    Even better you don't even have to be facing the target. If I have my back to the mob and healed you Spores goes off. If I'm casting Spores I can't cast it facing away. That can be very powerful indeed not have to be facing your target.

    Now PvP? LB could be about worthless most of the time because of targets.

  9. #24
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    Not sure why it seems you're trying to argue with me that LPB isn't a good choice when that's exactly what I was saying.

    Want to give Deew some tips on playing Chloro while you're at it?

    I hear he's bad and needs help.
    No one is to good not to need to stop learning.

    Deew I'm sure is one that is always looking for something new he might never have thought about. If he's not he's not a good player:P

    Those who think they know it all for the most part know just about nothing. Why? Because they don't think they need to learn anything. Because they think they know everything.

    Deew in the beginning was preaching PB. Now he's not on some builds. Why he wasn't to big to see something was better than what he first thought.

  10. #25
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    No one is to good not to need to stop learning.

    Deew I'm sure is one that is always looking for something new he might never have thought about. If he's not he's not a good player:P

    Those who think they know it all for the most part know just about nothing. Why? Because they don't think they need to learn anything. Because they think they know everything.

    Deew in the beginning was preaching PB. Now he's not on some builds. Why he wasn't to big to see something was better than what he first thought.
    I am struggling to understand what you're saying. I always say legendary PB in 61 chloro builds. You do not get legendary PB as a 61 frostkeeper,and I never said it should be taken.

    I still do preach PB in 61 chloro.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  11. #26
    Ascendant Shinkirou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    I am struggling to understand what you're saying. I always say legendary PB in 61 chloro builds. You do not get legendary PB as a 61 frostkeeper,and I never said it should be taken.

    I still do preach PB in 61 chloro.

    I'm laughing too hard about him repeatedly falling victim to what he was just preaching about to say anything witty.

    Anyway.

    Generally the people who do all the testing and the math know what they're talking about in most situations.

    Specs, min/maxing and theory crafting in Rift is not a complex process, it can hardly even be called complicated. There's no infinite learning curve, the data's all right there, observe, learn, and put it to use, that's all there is to specs here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

  12. #27
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Legendary PB for 61 Chloros?

    Those 11 points in Harb give +10% SP and +20% healing (from Legendary PB). I assume the other 4 points would be placed in FK for an additional +4% healing and +8% SP. Total for this would be +18% SP and +24% to healing.

    15 points placed in FK would give +10% SP and +20% healing. It also gets you Crystal Barrier, which is pretty good for ST-oriented Chloros (6 proc in 3 seconds with the insta-NH from Leg. Living Aegis) but rather negligible for AoE-oriented Chloros.

    Alright, I definitely see the attraction of Leg. PB for AoE Chloros. A bit of a toss-up for ST Chloros.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 06-18-2017 at 04:05 AM.

  13. #28
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Legendary PB for 61 Chloros?

    Those 11 points in Harb give +10% SP and +20% healing (from Legendary PB). I assume the other 4 points would be placed in FK for an additional +4% healing and +8% SP. Total for this would be +18% SP and +24% to healing.

    15 points placed in FK would give +10% SP and +20% healing. It also gets you Crystal Barrier, which is pretty good for ST-oriented Chloros (6 proc in 3 seconds with the insta-NH from Leg. Living Aegis) but rather negligible for AoE-oriented Chloros.

    Alright, I definitely see the attraction of Leg. PB for AoE Chloros. A bit of a toss-up for ST Chloros.
    The shield from crystal barrier is way too small compared to relative health pools (which will only be applied with leg bloom, NH, and HT) - and doesnt compensate for the loss of spellpower and healing.

    If ST heals is a concern the player wouldnt be 61 chloro.

    (PVE)
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  14. #29
    Ascendant Shinkirou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    The shield from crystal barrier is way too small compared to relative health pools
    All FK shield scaling is absolute ***, so it's never going to get better either.

    Believe it was killed at the start of 4.0 when they reworked FK's scaling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    A bit of a toss-up for ST Chloros.
    ST Chloro isn't really a thing right now whether or not you have FK.

    Sure you can use it, but it would need a Void Life rework before it was worth using.

    Better off with LGV.

    Unless you're horrible under-geared for the content you're participating in, or really new to chloro or something I guess.
    Last edited by Shinkirou; 06-24-2017 at 01:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

  15. #30
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    The shield from crystal barrier is way too small compared to relative health pools (which will only be applied with leg bloom, NH, and HT) - and doesnt compensate for the loss of spellpower and healing.

    If ST heals is a concern the player wouldnt be 61 chloro.

    (PVE)
    I'll take your word as gospel for anything related to PvE.

    I do recall being briefly unimpressed with Crystal Barrier back when I tested it in NT. And yet, according to the tool-tip, it is basically worth 1/4 of a Living Shell, so in theory Bloom, NH x 6, and HT should theoretically provide shielding equivalent to 2 Living Shell casts... but that depends entirely on how CB scales.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    All FK shield scaling is absolute ***, so it's never going to get better either.

    Believe it was killed at the start of 4.0 when they reworked FK's scaling.
    So CB scaling sucks. Has anyone tested how a CB shield proc compares to a Living Shell shield after scaling? That would help put things in better perspective.

    ST Chloro isn't really a thing right now whether or not you have FK.
    Perhaps that is the case in PvE, but in PvP ST Chloro is still viable. I consider 54/22 Chloro to be the best spec that still incorporates Synth for a significant portion of the healing, but a few still run 61 Chloro for Synth healing.

    Deep FK seems to be roughly equivalent to deep Chloro, while the hybrids such as 38/38 Chloro/FK appear to be overpowered.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts