+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Are Mages Top DPS yet again?

Soulwalker

Default Are Mages Top DPS yet again?

I am in my 2nd month of withdrawal from Rift since my Ele/Pyro was nerfed from about 500K to 350K DPS, and went from top of the chart to somewhere down in the middle. Have we come back yet?

Ele/pyro was a dumb and boring spec.
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

61 pyro 11 Harb and 61 Harb, 9 chlor, and 6 Arbiter.

Telaran

If you stopped playing because you had a single spec nerfed... Why did you play rift at all? The whole idea is supposed to be having lotsa stuff to play at any given point in time. There isn't supposed to be any class with just 1 soul that does everything. It's happened, sure; but they were never supposed to exist in the first place. That detracts from the main focus that brought most people TO Rift.

Stormcaller, 1mil+ on 8 targets
    Necro 500k+ on 5 adds, 300k+ ST even in it's buggy as **** state. (if yer willing to respec constantly)
    Pyro and Harb 500k+ ST
    Warlock 400k+ ST, 550k+ Dual Targets
    Ele 350K+
    Hell, even Dom can be made to break 250k ST; though I haven't tested with recent changes to IC.

And mind you, my mage still has some green gear, not a single rare or better essence, no consumables, and no synergy crystal. Better geared players could do more than this.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Xethx View Post

Stormcaller, 1mil+ on 8 targets
    Necro 500k+ on 5 adds, 300k+ ST even in it's buggy as **** state. (if yer willing to respec constantly)
    Pyro and Harb 500k+ ST
    Warlock 400k+ ST, 550k+ Dual Targets
    Ele 350K+
    Hell, even Dom can be made to break 250k ST; though I haven't tested with recent changes to IC.

And mind you, my mage still has some green gear, not a single rare or better essence, no consumables, and no synergy crystal. Better geared players could do more than this.
    I would love to get some info on how you do this with green gear? I'm a returning player from many years break, so my rotations and such and all knowledge are ****. currently I cant get necromancer or warlock to go over 130k dps on one of the green nature elites north from Alittu unless i use every cooldown I got, while harb can pull off 250+k without using EA, with it something closer to 500k (short fights yes, but if I try to test necro on the dummy outside alittu, my parse is only like 67% on one target since the Revenant aoes on the close 3-4 dummys, and even then i can barely pass 200k). my gear is most likely utter garbage since I havent played much, around 35k sp, 2.3k cp, 20k int, 2.1k hit aand something like 17k sc

edit: did not mean i have a revenant in my harb spec :D i mean i prefer to try most of the parsing at those elites due to the splashing to the close-by dummies, and i dont know if there is some other place i could find a lvl 70/72 dummy where it would actually be far enough from other dummys
    Last edited by Ezenya; 06-19-2017 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezenya View Post
    I would love to get some info on how you do this with green gear? I'm a returning player from many years break, so my rotations and such and all knowledge are ****. currently I cant get necromancer or warlock to go over 130k dps on one of the green nature elites north from Alittu unless i use every cooldown I got, while harb can pull off 250+k without using EA, with it something closer to 500k (short fights yes, but if I try to test necro on the dummy outside alittu, my parse is only like 67% on one target since the Revenant aoes on the close 3-4 dummys, and even then i can barely pass 200k). my gear is most likely utter garbage since I havent played much, around 35k sp, 2.3k cp, 20k int, 2.1k hit aand something like 17k sc

edit: did not mean i have a revenant in my harb spec i mean i prefer to try most of the parsing at those elites due to the splashing to the close-by dummies, and i dont know if there is some other place i could find a lvl 70/72 dummy where it would actually be far enough from other dummys
    Never replied 'cause he was full of crap. lol
    If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to financial compensation.

Rift Disciple

mages are still bot dps. equally geared war/rogue/prim will double a mage. And you really only have one choice for decent dps

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kurushii View Post
    mages are still bot dps. equally geared war/rogue/prim will double a mage. And you really only have one choice for decent dps
    nothing in your statement is accurate.

Rift Disciple

Unfortunately its completely accurate. Primalists doing around 1.5m. No mage spec or amount of gear will pull that much. Rogues are doing about the same. What isnt accurate? Sounds like you don't play the game enough to comment on it.

Unfortunately its completely accurate. Primalists doing around 1.5m. No mage spec or amount of gear will pull that much. Rogues are doing about the same. What isnt accurate? Sounds like you don't play the game enough to comment on it.
    I play plenty. What single target fights are left, maybe a few in IRoTP, Mages do just fine with cleave and aoe. Double is an extreme exaggeration even for single target. The gear it takes to pull 1.5 mil is pretty top notch, Mages in that gear are pulling 1mil or more if there is cleave. I havent seen anyone pull 1.5 sustained, its burst.

How about pyro with a mystic? The only time your seeing these numbers is with aoe and raid buffs. None of this is accurate comparison. We stilll can and prefer to use all classes as dps. Nobody is running pure rogue or prima dps groups. Alot of these differences are around 100k in dps. With peeps hitting close to 1 mil this is pretty balanced.

Rift Disciple

Its literally double the dps. 1.5m vs 700k in a raid group. And most guilds only bring one mage. as Archon or mabye a chloro and even the archon spot will be going away becuase the primalist support spec pulls 600k+

You are overreacting and have undergeared mages.
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Ascendant

Its literally double the dps. 1.5m vs 700k in a raid group. And most guilds only bring one mage. as Archon or mabye a chloro and even the archon spot will be going away becuase the primalist support spec pulls 600k+
    The 1.5 million+ pure single target dps in raid is only limited to the paid class the rest of the classes are actually pretty close.
    If you are only doing 700k you are possibly undergeared or something else that's wrong.
    Top geared mages looks to be around 1.1 to 1.3 million dps in fights with minimal disconnects/movements.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 07-25-2017 at 01:04 AM.

We have mages in group and have cleared all content. We do use an archon because it is still the best all around support, but when we switch to a mystic both our mages dps and both are close to top dpsers. Primalist has pulled ahead but they are severly rng and some fights it just doesnt work out for them. Last night on Malannon top 4 dpsers were between 1mil to 1.2 mil. This was a primalist, 2 rogues, and a mage.

Rift Disciple

How geared are your primalists? I have seen setsy pull almost 2m in the new TD on his primalist single target dps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast