+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Are Mages Top DPS yet again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurushii View Post
    How geared are your primalists? I have seen setsy pull almost 2m in the new TD on his primalist single target dps
    That's burst, not sustained. There are too many phases with downtime during Malannon to hold super high deeps. Our Prima can burst that high even higher sometimes. We all have 10-11 weeks of full IRoTP clears gear and the rest of the stuff (couple of slackers on frags but nothing severe). We also went with one Sin rogue for crit buff, this was a personal dps loss but a raid dps gain!

So I was sad and happy at the same time. Primas get a huge boost with any enhancement to their crit. They are pretty huge dps right now, I love it.

Rift Disciple

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-discussions/classes-telara/497218-dps-2.html

Poshy you are so out of touch with Rift . .
    Last edited by Kurushii; 07-29-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurushii View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-discussions/classes-telara/497218-dps-2.html

Poshy you are so out of touch with Rift . .
    If your referring to the 10man primalist kills that represents what I am saying about burst. Its also an exploit so Im not sure what your point is.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    If your referring to the 10man primalist kills that represents what I am saying about burst. Its also an exploit so Im not sure what your point is.
    His point is you seem to be the only one that thinks vulcanist is totally balanced around here.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    His point is you seem to be the only one that thinks vulcanist is totally balanced around here.
    This thread is about mage dps not new primalist rotations/variations with the new souls. I have never said anything specifically about a primalist soul that is op. I have only compared my groups dps with the statements made here. I have only seen about 10 raid fights with a primalist dpsing since the update so there is likely specs or rotations I dont know about, that still doesnt change my experience with mages and primalists. I have still not seen any class sustain more than 1.5 mil for any raid fight. At the same time ive never cleared a TD NM boss in less than a min, if you or anyone else has maybe they can share what it is they are doing since I am sure that is not intended. If the complaint is primalists now do twice as much dps as every other class, or even just mages I still havent seen this but I have seen mages doing much more then what others are claiming a mage in BiS is doing.

Ascendant

I have still not seen any class sustain more than 1.5 mil for any raid fight.
    Are Mages Top DPS yet again?-sure.png

Plane Walker

I have still not seen any class sustain more than 1.5 mil for any raid fight.
    This was the first time have seen a rogue with over 1.5 m dps since 4.2. The rogue is well equipt near the CP softcap. The mages have less than 6500 CP.

Beruhast:
    Are Mages Top DPS yet again?-beruhast1.png

Rift Disciple

Its hilarious because Poshy keeps arguing with actual numbers posted in threads in a desperate attempt to keep mages from getting a buff when he doesn't even play one. . .

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    This was the first time have seen a rogue with over 1.5 m dps since 4.2. The rogue is well equipt near the CP softcap. The mages have less than 6500 CP.

Beruhast:
    Attachment 31839
    Beruhast has cleave try look for Silgen for pure single target.
    It's impossible to cleave/pad dps in General Silgen, 100% pure single target.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 07-31-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Rift Disciple

Default OP Here and thinking about coming back

So, now 7 months later, my nostalgia (coupled with dissatisfaction with other MMOs) has led me back. Within a few minutes, I confirmed that there's been little change to the nerf that brought my mage to his knees, cutting his DPS in half. I'm not going to give up on seeing where I can take him (and no, I'm not going to automatically dust off my 70 Primalist --- yet). I'm wearing what was BiS before 4.2 and have two choices of maximizing CP (23%) or Spell Crit (for the moment, I'm going with the CP.) With that, and before entering Vostigar, I'm doing about 400-415K DPS with a 61 Pyro/Harb/Arb build. PS: I don't like melee. Presuming I finish the story line, buy what I can of rep gear from the vendor without raiding, and pre-eternal weapon --- what can I start to expect in DPS?

Plane Walker

With Pre-eternal weapon 61 Harb/9 Chloro/6 Arbiter is the best choice even if you do not like melee you should learn this spec it will help you later in VP with the daily quests because of the good self-healing and this spec does more damage than Pyro/Harb/Arb.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    With Pre-eternal weapon 61 Harb/9 Chloro/6 Arbiter is the best choice even if you do not like melee you should learn this spec it will help you later in VP with the daily quests because of the good self-healing and this spec does more damage than Pyro/Harb/Arb.
    I appreciate the advice, but I'd still like an answer to MY question

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by phayse View Post
    I appreciate the advice, but I'd still like an answer to MY question
    DPS assessments without exactly knowing your equip are not possible. I can only give you approximate information:

72 Raid dummy:
    with expert equipment > 400 K DPS
    with LFR equipment > 600 K DPS

approximate DPS requirements for irotp are 500 K DPS
    approximate DPS requirements for td normal are 600-700 K DPS

Pyro becomes only good with a eternal weapon in connection with the elementalist, well since you do not have a eternal weapon I can only advise you to the Harb/Chloro. 61 Warlock without eternal is also good but suffers from a bug and restrictions.

Hey Bamu, is SP stacking our new meta?

Most mages I've seen that have high dps all suspiciously have "under 6500 cp".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    Hey Bamu, is SP stacking our new meta?

Most mages I've seen that have high dps all suspiciously have "under 6500 cp".
    This is an interesting question. Pyro and Harb scaling well with CP but possibly Warlock benefits more from SP than the other specs.

Sometimes there are abilities that scale extremely well with SP for example Firestorm but the calculation of Firestorm in combination with SP was later fixed. Possibly Legendary Conflux benefits more from SP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast