+ Reply to Thread

Thread: legendary empyrean ascension clarification

Rift Chaser

Default legendary empyrean ascension clarification

was having a chat in game with another mage and was kind of baffled by the back story as well as the fact that vile spores from legendary bloom do not get the 60% dmg buff from cast time abilities.

now i know you are not physically casting the spell vile spores but due to legendaries it is a passive of bloom which is a cast time ability. so looking at the legendary bloom ability itself it is casting the vile spores and i cant see a valid argument that would remove those spores from the 60% buff table.

some could argue its not a cast time ability because you're making it instant with eldritch gift but weve seen several times over that the quality of the original spell is where the consideration comes from for example cinderburst is made instant but still retains the "cast time" tag with 64 mastery consideration.

now if the harbinger tree had any cast time primary bolts this would be a non issue but weve yet to see any spells in the harb tree benefit from the Mage armor of the tree....would also make the eternal proc more harb friendly and do away with the awkward 15m vile spores from leg bloom range(mind boggled on that btw, not vile spores range or bloom range but its own gimped awkward 15m)
    Last edited by makerofwidows; 04-26-2017 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    was having a chat in game with another mage and was kind of baffled by the back story as well as the fact that vile spores from legendary bloom do not get the 60% dmg buff from cast time abilities.

now i know you are not physically casting the spell vile spores but due to legendaries it is a passive of bloom which is a cast time ability. so looking at the legendary bloom ability itself it is casting the vile spores and i cant see a valid argument that would remove those spores from the 60% buff table.

some could argue its not a cast time ability because you're making it instant with eldritch gift but weve seen several times over that the quality of the original spell is where the consideration comes from for example cinderburst is made instant but still retains the "cast time" tag with 64 mastery consideration.

now if the harbinger tree had any cast time primary bolts this would be a non issue but weve yet to see any spells in the harb tree benefit from the Mage armor of the tree....would also make the eternal proc more harb friendly and do away with the awkward 15m vile spores from leg bloom range(mind boggled on that btw, not vile spores range or bloom range but its own gimped awkward 15m)
    I'd like to see the 60 CD on Legendary EA disappear and be replaced with a guarenteed 30 second cooldown instead of damaging abilities reducing the cooldown time on the ability because many suffer from some of sort of lag whereas it their internet or the game itself. I think legendary bloom should benefit from the EA legendary but that would make chloro the best offsoul for harbringer beating other offsouls by an overly large amount.

I like the option to play the pyro variant since legendary bloom is really, really unreliable for me. If VS was buffed by LEA then I'd have to no choice, and have to play with a buggy spell.

So I give a thumbs up to whoever make that balance decision.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    I like the option to play the pyro variant since legendary bloom is really, really unreliable for me. If VS was buffed by LEA then I'd have to no choice, and have to play with a buggy spell.

So I give a thumbs up to whoever make that balance decision.
    Terrible with Bloom it's so good not to take. Now when they fix the bug where sometimes Vile doesn't go off. Or only some if it doesn't.

This really hurt when you are using it for a BIG raid heal and you cast bloom and nothing happens.

It gets people killed.

I can see the damage being nerfed. I can surely see the healing being nerfed. 120K on 10 people every 10 secs. And if it crits....... Oh my it's silly.

It should switch cool downs with flourish. 20 sec is to long for as little as it heals. Blooms so to short for a big as it heals.

I don't want either nerfed. But it's coming. It has to.

+ Reply to Thread