+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bamul

Thread: Harbringer on Malannon

Default Harbringer on Malannon

Does anyone have trouble refreshing their blazing light on this fight? I stood at the very edge of the platform in the middle trying to refresh blazing light but it did not work. On my map it tells me that i'm exactly 12 meters away from malannon at that point. My question is how are we supposed to refresh blazing using lucent if the boss is farther 7 meters away?

Yes, its a side effect of large bosses with odd hitboxes and the refresh-by-pbae mechanic. Dont expect to see it changed though - Trion ignores much more serios problems, so I doubt they will do anything about this one.

That being said, for this specific encounter you can refresh Blazing Light if you stand on the front edge of the left side of the platform rather than in the center. Just remember to get back to the group if you get meteor'd.
    Axynia - Pagefault - Segfault - Xinira
    <Transcendent>
    Inactive

not much u can do this has been an issue for a long time and a fix has been asked for and ignored.

Shadowlander

Don't worry about blazing light. According to the most up-to-date harb guide, you don't even use BL. GG
    Brazill@deepwwod

Quote Originally Posted by Drezie View Post
    Don't worry about blazing light. According to the most up-to-date harb guide, you don't even use BL. GG
    I havent done the math recently, but I'm pretty certain BL is still a DPS gain.
    Axynia - Pagefault - Segfault - Xinira
    <Transcendent>
    Inactive

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by qUiXui View Post
    I havent done the math recently, but I'm pretty certain BL is still a DPS gain.
    You're right. I was more just pointing out that the most current guide for harb doesn't mention BL once. It's virtually impossible for BL not to be a dps gain. BL ticks + lucent slash > rending slash (every 14-15 sec).
    Last edited by Drezie; 04-11-2017 at 01:00 AM.
    Brazill@deepwwod

What about Storm's fury and Vorpal slash compared to tempest winds? Is it a dps gain to use tempest winds 3 times a minute while ignoring a few storm's furies and vorpal slashes? Also does the old 3.7 harb spec parse higher for anyone than the current 4.1 Harb chloro build? What is the difference in dps between Arcane manipulation and ethereal blast? How much crit power should i have in say 61 harb?
    Last edited by Redawn; 04-11-2017 at 01:57 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Redawn View Post
    What about Storm's fury and Vorpal slash compared to tempest winds? Is it a dps gain to use tempest winds 3 times a minute while ignoring a few storm's furies and vorpal slashes? Also does the old 3.7 harb spec parse higher for anyone than the current 4.1 Harb chloro build? What is the difference in dps between Arcane manipulation and ethereal blast? How much crit power should i have in say 61 harb?
    Never push vorpal slash for tempest winds. Storm's fury isn't as much of a big deal. You should be using tempest winds with storm shroud for the auto-crits. You should also be using tempest winds with EA. So, basically use TW every 30 seconds instead of every 20.

Sorry to take this so far off topic.
    Brazill@deepwwod

Prophet of Telara

Some parses higher with Harbinger/Pyro than with Harbinger/Chloro that everyone should test for themselves. From my own tests I would argue the best way to use Tempest Wind is with Storm Shroud (forced crit) so delay the use of Tempest Winds to always use them with Storm Shroud. Arcane Manipulation has been improved some time ago and achieves the better results.

What about Storm's fury and Vorpal slash compared to tempest winds?
    Order of Importance of those 3 is always:
    1: Vorpal
    2: Tempest
    3: Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Some parses higher with Harbinger/Pyro than with Harbinger/Chloro that everyone should test for themselves.
    I parse higher with Harb/Pyro in quite a few situations, I assume due to Bloom not always casting the Vile Spores, as my lack of DPS always comes specifically from VS.

Specifically on Malannon I find 11 Pyro to work a lot better and just be less of a pain, as you don't have to worry about the distance of LBloom as it is also a PBAoE, and Fireball always Fireballs unlike the Bloom VS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Some parses higher with Harbinger/Pyro than with Harbinger/Chloro that everyone should test for themselves. From my own tests I would argue the best way to use Tempest Wind is with Storm Shroud (forced crit) so delay the use of Tempest Winds to always use them with Storm Shroud. Arcane Manipulation has been improved some time ago and achieves the better results.
    What is the Harbringer/Pyro build?

Prophet of Telara

What is the Harbringer/Pyro build?
    61Harb/14Pyro/1Arb or 61Harb/13Pyro/2Ele both variants use Legendary Internalize Charge.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Bamul; 04-11-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Plane Touched

my father is more than 7 meters away ;_;

+ Reply to Thread