+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: What guides are valid for 4.1??

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Default What guides are valid for 4.1??

I am looking to find mage guides that are valid for 4.1. As I have tried many only to find they are no longer workable, it's getting expensive to keep resetting souls to consume much time.

I have a great appreciation for the peeps that have created guides over the years and hafta say thanks for you contribution to the community for the effort and time spent! Much appreciated, indeed.

Perhaps editing an old post to indicate it's validity in 4.1. Dunno if the forum will permit an edit on an old thread tho...

Thanks in advance.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    I am looking to find mage guides that are valid for 4.1. As I have tried many only to find they are no longer workable, it's getting expensive to keep resetting souls to consume much time.

I have a great appreciation for the peeps that have created guides over the years and hafta say thanks for you contribution to the community for the effort and time spent! Much appreciated, indeed.

Perhaps editing an old post to indicate it's validity in 4.1. Dunno if the forum will permit an edit on an old thread tho...

Thanks in advance.
    The reasons we're seeing less and guides are twofold:

1) There are simply far less knowledgeable players around anymore. It's scary to think that guys like me are getting to be the "old timers" in game anymore (started playing semi-frequently in late SL).

A lot of the guide writers have already moved on to other games, and there are fewer and fewer to take their place. I'd post some of my builds, but they tend to fall in-between the 10-button piano setups and the 1 button facerolls. Basically, they work for me but they're arguments waiting to happen.

2) Big brother. The recent trend as of the last year or so is for a build to get posted on here, along with screenshots of its highest dps potential in perfect conditions, and that bulid will mysteriously get nerfed into the ground in the coming weeks / months. Sometimes its called for, sometimes it's not, but either way they usually go overboard and render the spec unplayable in endgame. And other times, the changes will be so underwhelming that nothing in the meta changes at all.

Basically, Keyens is the only dev left who even kind of understands how to actually balance the classes, and I'm skeptical of that much anymore. Either way, all of us older players who are in a position to actually post the guides are hesitant to because we're worried devs will overreact and nerf the specs we just spent hours / days theorycrafting into the ground.

TL; DR we don't post guides, they can't nerf anything because they lack the capacity to test things that aren't clearly spelled out for them.

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Boxsmith,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, remember the invitational beta?
    Been here since then...

The SFP expansion had it's flaws that pushed way too many longtime players over the edge and they're outta here. It's a bummer that Trion has not been up to speed with how the roots of the game were.
    We as longtime players have had expectations of expansions, indeed! Leaving out raiding this long has been detrimental to the point that there is an active player crisis. The nerfbat is overly used by a few zealots that seem to want more folks to drop out.

While I don't mind the occasional tune the specs thing, this time around, it's been a nightmare.
    Was in hopes of finding one of the many guides or links to em in order to get back on track. Life is busy these days...

I can relate to the "arguements" thing. Aholes and cowboy hats come to mind!
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by BMX; 04-03-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Ascendant

While not quite guides, this is the best info you'll find at the moment. Go to the specs/rotations/macros tab
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Thankya, Archy. Appreciate the link.

The all-important chloro guide is still valid, you're welcome America.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    The all-important chloro guide is still valid, you're welcome America.
    And we mages appreciate all the knowledge sharing that you do for Chloro. Always a reliable source for this calling.

thank you so much Archy <3

..on the birth of a search, white trash my native son..

Ascendant

Don't thank me! I only helped a bit on the spreadsheet and had nothing to do with the builds and rotations. Thank Bamul for coming back!
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Shadowlander

Default Game over incert coins

So this game is comming to an end ?

My guide posters..full guilds with 80% offliners and people that left the game.

I never see anyone around

Dungeon que takes ages...

Incert coins

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post

Incert coins
    If you Q as DPS it does take a while for it to pop. But it did that in WoW as well.

You want a instant pop play a tank:P

I Q as DPSand healer and I wait about 5 minute if that. So not bad. As DPS you'll be a while.

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post

Incert coins
    There are many reasons for the inactive player population to be exploding.

1. Micro expansion
    2. Lack of raid content. TD should have been released the day 4.0 was...
    3. PvP is same ole rehashed maps/content
    4. Experts, too many intrepid instances.
    5. And this is the one that really does it for a lotta peeps!! YA hafta have a PhD in rocket science or equivalent and two keyboards side by side to play a damn spec and be viable.
    6. The big NERF that lead to hybrids being mostly a thing of the past.

So much for being able to build a spec to one's liking!! Then there's the issue of guides being used as a NERF guide by Trion et al. Perhaps they want it to be more a pleasure to go to work than to raid and PvP, etc.
    The peeps that are no longer playing are in fact voting with their wallets, just sayin...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    2) Big brother. The recent trend as of the last year or so is for a build to get posted on here, along with screenshots of its highest dps potential in perfect conditions, and that bulid will mysteriously get nerfed into the ground in the coming weeks / months. Sometimes its called for, sometimes it's not, but either way they usually go overboard and render the spec unplayable in endgame. And other times, the changes will be so underwhelming that nothing in the meta changes at all.

TL; DR we don't post guides, they can't nerf anything because they lack the capacity to test things that aren't clearly spelled out for them.
    That's complete bs, they don't need to read guides to see how classes are doing in game. If they relied solely on players, balance would be even worse than it is now. If anyone "hiding" their build because they're afraid of nerfs, they're being ridiculous.

What more ridiculous though:
    - Players hiding specs
    - Devs who can't figure it out

also this thread doesn't belong in this section
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    What more ridiculous though:
    - Players hiding specs
    - Devs who can't figure it out

also this thread doesn't belong in this section
    Pfft! I think #2 is the proper answer... They seem to think driving peeps away from the game is necessary.

#3... Forum police were notified.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast