+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pyro 4.1 build (test it for yourself)

Soulwalker

Default Pyro 4.1 build (test it for yourself)

I'm gonna start by saying from my experience with how cinder burst procs now, if your rng is good you can pull over 250k. and if you have ridiculous rng you can pull anywhere from 300k. to over 400k. dps with this build. Now however depending on your gear you will see Cinder burst hit anywhere from 500k. upwards to 1.5mil crits and if your really lucky and have a support buffing you you could hit 2.1mil crits with cinder burst.

The setup is harb/pyro/frostkeeper: https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...kFlh0/!8f|PZTw

Now before I list the macros I will tell you this, you will need to upkeep your Internalize charge and Piercing Beam, as to keep an increased damage buff going. As for the rotation, it will be as follows.

Buff Macro > Piercing Beam > AoE Macro, then Spam macro till Cinder burst Procs, then use Cinder burst. Make sure that your aoe is being recast every 30 seconds as well as keeping your other buffs up because your AoE will increase the damage taken of the enemy by another 30%.

Now I shall list the follow macros for you guys.

Spam

#show Fulminate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Countdown
    cast Searing Bolt
    cast Fireball
    cast Arcane manipulation
    cast Fulminate
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Storm Slash
    cast Inferno
    AoE

#show Fire Storm
    cast @gtae Legendary Fire Storm
    Buff

#show Heat Wave
    Suppressmacrofailures
    cast Heat Wave
    cast Internalize Charge
    The Buffs you will need Frost Barrier, Lighting Blade, Pyromancer's armor.
    You will also need to remember to have Cinder burst on your bar along with Piercing Beam.

Your Legendaries will be:
    Legendary Firestorm
    Legendary Internalize Charge
    Legendary Piercing Beam
    Legendary Rime
    Legendary Fusillade

Now there is an optional macro you can use if you want a little filler.

CBPRE

#show Fusillade
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Legendary Fusillade
    cast Flame Volley
    Have fun trying this out if you have any questions please just post in the comments below.

After reading some comments I realize, my spam macro had some skills out of order that caused Flame Bolt to be cast way to frequently when it should be pretty much constantly doing fireball, once you use your heatwave macro, if you wish to get flame bolt and fulminate to cast you will have to move around and spam a bit. As for the reason I know alot of you have asked why use frostkeeper over Arb, honestly I like the idea of self sustain, this build does make nice for solo lvling if you manage it right or solo play in general. I really do appreciated the feedback as it helps me dig deeper to understand how builds in this game work. So that I may create effective ones.
    Last edited by Grimsniperman; 04-19-2017 at 04:33 PM.

try the pyro spec here
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    try the pyro spec here
    There's a reason I don't use that one its flawed, you can get much more damage out of not having arb and putting frostkeeper in its place, plus the first macro is flawed as well on that link, trust me I have tried that one and wasn't too fond of it.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsniperman View Post
    There's a reason I don't use that one its flawed, you can get much more damage out of not having arb and putting frostkeeper in its place, plus the first macro is flawed as well on that link, trust me I have tried that one and wasn't too fond of it.
    ....wait what? You do realize legendary galvanic strike from arbiter causes all abilities to deal 25% more damage if cast at full charge, right?

you can get much more damage out of not having arb and putting frostkeeper in its place,
    lol
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

im gonna assume the reason you pick FK is for the spellpower but then stormcaller would have been a better choice

also for harbinger you put 5 points into slashing attack buff which is worthless, and the speed boost is the better choice.

also your macro has flame bolt which is gonna be a dps loss for you.

other guide is better and i would recommend anyone reading to try that instead.

Red face

If you do not like this, write something with Skill and Macros

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ceserea View Post
    If you do not like this, write something with Skill and Macros
    If you can't be bothered to read the whole thread, don't respond telling people to do what has already been done.
    Brazill@deepwwod

Soulwalker

Red face Pyro 4.1

Thank you for this build. Was hating the other one. Enjoying this SO much more and much better survivability.

Soulwalker

Default Updated

I saw what people were talking about with flame bolt being in the wrong place, in my spam macro and made the adjustment accordingly to make the build more effective. Remember this may not pull as much dps as the Pyro/harb/arb, as this build is designed for solo play.
    Last edited by Grimsniperman; 04-19-2017 at 06:52 PM.

- Not really any reason to not have IC in your spam
    - macro AM like "cast @self Arcane manipulation". Better for switching around targets
    - You can use Charged Blade buff from harb at no loss.
    - Fulminate is better above Fireball, SB, Countdown. It's a hard hitting spell, why not use it soon as possible.
    - There's no point to taking the bonus slashing damage in harb. Take the dodge and movespeed. Better for suitability too.
    - Fusillade you'll want on cooldown, just to get the Fireball dot. But if you're going to save Heatwave to use for the damage mitigation then I can understand not using Fusillade all that much.
    - Inferno will go off easier if it's above fireball
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Soulwalker

posted in wrong one........
    Last edited by Jebbit; 04-22-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Soulwalker

Buff Macro > Piercing Beam > AoE Macro, then Spam macro till Cinder burst Procs, then use Cinder burst.
    What does Procs mean? And how can you use Cinder burst multiple times?

Quote Originally Posted by PBChunky View Post
    What does Procs mean? And how can you use Cinder burst multiple times?
    I believe that sentence is just really poorly written. They mean "Use the spam macro but use CB procs when you get them, then resume spam."

A proc is a "Programmed random occurrence". In this case the proc is Pyromaner's Blessing: "Damaging fire spell have a 20% chance to reset Cinder Bursts cooldown and allow it to be cast instantly with a 50% mana cost reduction."
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Soulwalker

I don't have the soul packs to get frostkeeper and Harbringer, so I tried:
    61 pyro / 11 storm / 4 ele

Using similar macros to the ones provided here (I had to take out a few spells that were Frost/Har) I can only get ~175-200k sustained ST. Anyways to improve this with different build or better macro?

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast