+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dayzed

Thread: Mage's soul changes & updates

Default Mage's soul changes & updates

Figured i would compile a list of all the recent changes on the PTS for mages that we can look forward to in 4.1 and put them into one thread for people to quickly look at. These changes are all on the PTS now, not 100% if they will all go live and as always, subject to change.

They are posted in order from oldest to most recent, so some changes might counter dict each other but just know the lower in the list, is the most current.

I will continue to update this list as more changes are added. Most recent updates will be marked with RED (Up to date as of 4/24/17)

Synergy Crystals - Healing effects should no longer incorrectly interact with HoT effects. Tooltips in synergy crystals are now more clear about this.

Eternal Weapons
    -Tooltip now mentions that healing is affected by the buff. Now affects the next 3 non Primary Bolt abilities.

Pyromancer
    -Legendary Fusillade Surging Cinders buff now makes Cinder Burst instant but no longer increases its damage.
    -Legendary Fire Storm damage reduced.
    -Legendary Fusillade now also passively increases Cinder Burst damage by 35%.
    -Ignition talent now reduces mana costs of all fire spells (rather than just non instant ones) by 8% per point (up from 4%).
    -Legendary Fusillade no longer grants Surging Cinders when Flame Bolt or Searing Bolt is cast.
    -Passive bonus on Cinder Burst is increased to 60%.
    -Legendary Internalize Charge now has a 20 second cooldown and no longer costs charge. Now affects cast time spells for a bonus of 100% increased damage. Tooltip clarified to show this ability does not cost charge.
    -Pyromancer's Blessing icd reduced to 3 seconds. Tooltip now mentions this ICD.
    -Legendary Fire Storm converted to Aura (PVP behavior now mimics Necrotic Core). Fixed a bug causing Fire Storm to scale much better with spell power than was intended.
    -Legendary Internalize Charge is no longer overwritten by Charged Blade. (This also would effect harb specs, if you're spec'd into pyro)

Elementalist
    -Legendary Prismatic Volley damage bonus reduced to 20%.
    -Legendary Elemental Burst damage reduced drastically, but proc chance increased to 80%.
    -Rushing Elements can no longer be cast twice if you have Legendary.
    -Elemental Burst damage reduced (roughly 10%).
    -Crystalline Missiles secondary damage procs are reduced to 6% (down from 15%).
    -Legenadry Elemental Forces damage reduced (roughly 40%).
    -Legendary Prismatic Volley damage bonus increased to 80%

Warlock
    -Void Barrage now increases the damage of DoT effects by 30% (down from 100%).
    -Legendary Void Barrage DoT damage increase changed to 50%.
    -Legendary Neddra's Grasp now applies Lingering Torment for 8 seconds.
    -Radiate Death now has a cooldown of 40 seconds and radiates to 2 targets (down from 6). Corrected a bug where Radiate Death would spread to less targets than intended and refresh DoTs in some cases.

Harbinger
    -Legendary Empyrean Ascension passive bonuses increased to 100% for Slashing attacks and 60% for Cast time Spells. Changed where they reside in the math to make the damage bonuses more consistent.

Chloromancer
    -Healing Torrent will no longer incorrectly consume Boon of Life when it shouldn't.
    -Veils no longer block healing done by other veils.
    -Veils now reduce damage dealt by 90%. This penalty is reduced by points in chloromancer down to 40%.
    -Lifebound Veil healing is now counted as single target healing.
    -Veil damage penalty reduced to 50% base (0% at 61 points spent).
    -Lifegiving Veil healing increased by roughly 15%.
    -Wild Growth has been reworked. It is now an instant cast ability that consumes all of your charge to heal allies immediately. This healing is increased by 0.4% for every charge consumed. It also causes affected allies to recieve 40% increased Chloromancer healing from the caster. This buff lasts 0.1 second for every charge consumed by Wild Growth.
    -Veil damage penalty affects non Chloromancer damage.
    -Rapidly casting Natural Healing now correctly grants stacks of Boon of Life as expected.
    -Legendary Bloom now has a 2 second cast time. Healing amount increased to compensate.
    -Vile Spores that come from Legendary Bloom no longer trigger Bulwark of Souls. These Vile Spores no longer benefit from the Timed spell bonus granted by Legendary Empyrean Ascension as they do not have a cast time.
    -Living Aegis no longer shows too many reactives for Vile Spores.
    -NEW Will no longer show too many versions of Vile Spores in the spellbook.

Frostkeeper
    -Rime healing increased by roughly 20%.
    -Legendary Earthen Renewal now ramps up more slowly and heals for a reduced amount.
    -Infuse Magic now ramps up at 12% per tick.
    -Legendary Earthen Renewal now correctly consumes Opportunity procs granted by Warlock and Eldritch Armor procs granted by Harbinger.
    -Ground Zero is now off the global cooldown.

Necromancer
    -Legendary Soul Bond now reduces cooldowns by 25% and increases Necromancer and Pet damage by 60%.
    -Legendary Soul Bond now increases pet damage by 120%.
    -NEW Deathly Calling can now correctly stack to 10 with Legendary Condemn.

Archon
    -Archon's Bulwark now increases support abilities by 200% (up from 100%).

Arbiter
    Arcane Ward - Now also increases incoming single target healing cast by other players by 30%

Enjoy!
    Last edited by dayzed; 04-24-2017 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Updates
    Angelinajolie - Missnasty - Dayzedd
    Crisis Crusade
    RIP Defer Death
    Greybriar
    Basic 4.2 Warlock Guide

You missed these ones

Pyromancer
    Legendary Fire Storm converted to Aura (PVP behavior now mimics Necrotic Core). Fixed a bug causing Fire Storm to scale much better with spell power than was intended.

Arbiter
    Arcane Ward - Now also increases incoming single target healing cast by other players by 30%.

And I think its safe to remove this since it was already implemented in hotfix #16

Warlock
    -Radiate Death now has a cooldown of 40 seconds and radiates to 2 targets (down from 6). Corrected a bug where Radiate Death would spread to less targets than intended and refresh DoTs in some cases.
    Nice collection tho, thanks
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 03-21-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Ascendant

edit nvm!...
    Last edited by Archyface; 03-21-2017 at 03:57 AM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Looks like a serious blow to mage dps, in lots of directions. Too bad.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/72 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

The Frostkeeper - very bad change to earthen renewal legendary, prepare to have your core heal legendary to be awefull, the timer is 12 stacks and you can literally go make yourself a cup of coffee and come back before its up again. The mechanics to lower the cooldown on it haven't been changed at all to compensate in any way- which demonstrated the dev's lack of knowledge or caring about some of the changes...other than shot in the dark blind nerfs here and hoping for the best. -------THIS HAS TO CHANGE---- there is no reason to use Rime right now since a good chunk of the FK tree is geared towards hailblast / telluric burst and ways to reduce cooldown/casttime on EARTHEN RENEWALL....I really don't understand how the dev's fail to see this... do they even glance at the trees on some of the souls? Keyens really needs to pay a little more attention to the non Warrior and Rogue classes- they do exists.. and they should get the same amount of understanding and attention.

Chloromancer - Its not bad, I haven't had much testing with it on pts but it should be in a pretty good spot. I personally didn't think it was that bad before 4.1- was doing just fine on it in Pve, its just wardens were gods at the time and nothing came close to that. It is by no means an easymode healing soul, skilled players will do really well with it after the balance patch. The issue I had with it before 4.1 is that it was godawefull in pvp and most likely still will be. (it was very weak in PVE for undergeared players which were struggling, while other classes were healing while watching tv in even worse gear)

Elementalists are still competitive right now, but wont be the best range soul out of all the classes by any means. Its abit behind what other ranged souls will be doing in 4.1 But it its still not too bad. You will not have an easymode time with 61 ele builds but if you know how to play them right it will work for you.

Harb will be in a good place unless there are some followup changes before the patch goes live. Harb/Chloro/___ performing well, Harb/Sc/Ele doing very well in cleaving situations but not as good on ST.

Necro - No.... just no.... they tried... but unfortunately not much understanding of what this class plays like and it is still subpar.

Warlock - They went abit overboard on nerfing this soul.. I really don't see what would make people choose this soul over anything else that's available. Imo it is subpar right now on PTS... they killed it off and meanwhile made other melee and range souls more attractive. There is no reason to play warlock for me personally.
    Last edited by MakeClericsGreatAgain; 03-21-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    You missed these ones

Pyromancer
    Legendary Fire Storm converted to Aura (PVP behavior now mimics Necrotic Core). Fixed a bug causing Fire Storm to scale much better with spell power than was intended.

Arbiter
    Arcane Ward - Now also increases incoming single target healing cast by other players by 30%.

And I think its safe to remove this since it was already implemented in hotfix #16

Nice collection tho, thanks
    not sure how i missed that pyro change. Was going to add the arbiter changes last but forgot. Adding them both now, ty much.
    Crisis Crusade
    RIP Defer Death
    Greybriar
    Basic 4.2 Warlock Guide

Quote Originally Posted by MakeClericsGreatAgain View Post
    The Frostkeeper - very bad change to earthen renewal legendary, prepare to have your core heal legendary to be awefull, the timer is 12 stacks and you can literally go make yourself a cup of coffee and come back before its up again. The mechanics to lower the cooldown on it haven't been changed at all to compensate in any way- which demonstrated the dev's lack of knowledge or caring about some of the changes...other than shot in the dark blind nerfs here and hoping for the best. -------THIS HAS TO CHANGE---- there is no reason to use Rime right now since a good chunk of the FK tree is geared towards hailblast / telluric burst and ways to reduce cooldown/casttime on EARTHEN RENEWALL....I really don't understand how the dev's fail to see this... do they even glance at the trees on some of the souls? Keyens really needs to pay a little more attention to the non Warrior and Rogue classes- they do exists.. and they should get the same amount of understanding and attention.

Chloromancer - Its not bad, I haven't had much testing with it on pts but it should be in a pretty good spot. I personally didn't think it was that bad before 4.1- was doing just fine on it in Pve, its just wardens were gods at the time and nothing came close to that. It is by no means an easymode healing soul, skilled players will do really well with it after the balance patch. The issue I had with it before 4.1 is that it was godawefull in pvp and most likely still will be. (it was very weak in PVE for undergeared players which were struggling, while other classes were healing while watching tv in even worse gear)

Elementalists are still competitive right now, but wont be the best range soul out of all the classes by any means. Its abit behind what other ranged souls will be doing in 4.1 But it its still not too bad. You will not have an easymode time with 61 ele builds but if you know how to play them right it will work for you.

Harb will be in a good place unless there are some followup changes before the patch goes live. Harb/Chloro/___ performing well, Harb/Sc/Ele doing very well in cleaving situations but not as good on ST.

Necro - No.... just no.... they tried... but unfortunately not much understanding of what this class plays like and it is still subpar.

Warlock - They went abit overboard on nerfing this soul.. I really don't see what would make people choose this soul over anything else that's available. Imo it is subpar right now on PTS... they killed it off and meanwhile made other melee and range souls more attractive. There is no reason to play warlock for me personally.
    My thoughts....

FK
    I agree with you about the FK changes, i think they need to look into another rework or something, like you said a lot of the FK abilities focus around reducing the CD of ER and now with these changes i dont see using Legendary ER at all in new specs. Hopefully they can address this further.

Chloro
    I also haven't had much testing with chloro with the new changes as its very hard to really "see it in action" unless you're doing a raid, dungeon, etc. and i haven't had much time on the PTS in the new LFR. About skilled players being better with chloro, i totally agree. This is one of the things i have always liked about chloro. There is nothing else like it and its awesome to see chloro really shine in the right hands. I switched my main to a mage this xpac with the intentions of maining chloro but with current content there is really no need to even use chloro and in pvp the scaling or something was horribly broke. Hopefully this isn't the case in 4.1

Ele
    I have never liked ele, have only used it recently because of how strong it was, hope i don't need to use it in 4.1

Harb
    Love it, Also one of my fav. mage souls. On the PTS it seems to be in a pretty good spot right now, hopefully it stays that way.

Necro
    Havent really tested at all, but from what ive heard from others its still weak.

Warlock
    Seems like they wanted this to be the "shadeborn" of mage specs, 1-3 target cleave spec. Still seems to be behind other ranged specs atm.

Pyro
    Haven't tested the new changes yet, but from what others are saying pyro seems to be looking good, Hopefully this is our new top ranged spec and harb is our top dps spec.
    Crisis Crusade
    RIP Defer Death
    Greybriar
    Basic 4.2 Warlock Guide

Telaran

Necro is not weak at all anymore with the damage boost and the right support souls. On PTS it is quite strong and the pet is hitting hard as well.

I will have another look at it tonight, but the changes ive seen and tried have not impressed me very much. There are problems with that soul right now that still exist. That being said if you mean its ALOT better than what it was- yes id have to agree, it most likely will not make it in the top 3 of our best options. Do you have something you can show, and by support souls do you mean side souls or support buffs helping you do better in raid?
    Last edited by MakeClericsGreatAgain; 03-22-2017 at 04:08 AM.

Telaran

Well either way even if Necro is not among the top 3 it is not at the bottom of the food chain anymore. Necro still has its bugs such as the Condemn Legendary and now Soul Bond Legendary damage boost will fall off the pet from time to time, which is concerning. I have tested it on PTS and there seems to be other pet buffs such as Dark Resonance which are conflicting with the Buff. Also when cast on the Pet you will notice there are 2 Soul Bond buffs which I do not understand. Support souls I have mixed and matched myself and really do not have a flavor as of yet I like but, when I do I will post the build. My builds seem to focus more around buffing Plague Bolt the most as this will hit 210-230 Crits with Legendary Plague Carrier at 3 stacks. One could also pair Legendary Plague Bolt with Legendary Internalize charge as well for major DPS in upwards 380-400 Crits. All in all even with the few bugs Necro has I really believe the biggest drawback to the spec was DPS. So Necro finally got a little love for sure and is no way within the weak chat no more. Let us know what you think as you test it for yourself tonight.

Updated as of today's date.
    Crisis Crusade
    RIP Defer Death
    Greybriar
    Basic 4.2 Warlock Guide

Quote Originally Posted by dayzed View Post
    Updated as of today's date.
    I think this is a useful tool to have collected all of this in one spot. Thank you for putting this together.

+ Reply to Thread