+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Archyface

Thread: PTS update: Archon- Bulwark of Souls

Default PTS update: Archon- Bulwark of Souls

Correction I meant Archon's Bulwark in post title..

Looks like in the current PTS update Archon's Bulwark got buffed.

http://i.imgur.com/TphWHGZ.jpg
    Last edited by arbaal; 03-15-2017 at 09:08 AM.

boring change that doesn't address the fact that 61 chon is boring to play. And since it looks like we're going back to using pyro subsoul maybe, it'll be back to being clunky and unfun.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    boring change that doesn't address the fact that 61 chon is boring to play. And since it looks like we're going back to using pyro subsoul maybe, it'll be back to being clunky and unfun.
    After a long time with the Harbchon I do not like the current turret gameplay from 61 Archon.
    The crazy is when I started with the game, I expected exactly this from a Mage Class (slowly, long casttime, not mobil). But after I have played the Harbinger so long I prefer the fast and direct gameplay from a melee class.
    The idea I had to play Archon in every raid, the hell must feel. Hopefully they make the Beastmaster so strong that no one asks us to play Archon
    Last edited by Bamul; 03-16-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    After a long time with the Harbchon I do not like the current turret gameplay from 61 Archon.
    The crazy is when I started with the game, I expected exactly this from a Mage Class (slowly, long casttime, not mobil). But after I have played the Harbinger so long I prefer the fast and direct gameplay from a melee class.
    The idea I had to play Archon in every raid, the hell must feel. Hopefully they make the Beastmaster so strong that no one asks us to play Archon
    With Archon getting significantly more dps out of this buff, they're probably about equal in sustained dps for actual encounters (factoring in disconnects and the like, and how much BM relies on a pet with super dumb AI).

Since flaring lasts twice as long as CtA, any argument for using BM is gone. I feel like this is a huge oversight though, so maybe it'll change....

Champion of Telara

BM is still well ahead of Archon in terms of its individual DPS.

Archon is now way ahead of BM in terms of its raid usefulness.

RIP BM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

+ Reply to Thread