+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gilgad

Thread: PvP FrostKeeper

Telaran

Default PvP FrostKeeper

I've played with various FK builds strictly for PVP, both 61 and 51 point builds with secondary souls to improve SP/Healing/Survivability (Harb/Arb/SC/Chloro). I only have 1 piece of Slayer's gear (so no crystal bonus) and both the slayer's MH/OH (no wand, yet).

I'm noticing some FK's healing output nearly double mine, and after running a parser saw they were using Legendary ER. I switched over but now since LER is essentially on a 6-second CD (unless using Cold Snap) what do I use for filler? Legendary Bloom and Rime are only healing for 8k-ish or less and Bloom has an 8-second CD.

Let's say someone with one of my barriers is taking damage: If all my big CD's are down, I could drop Telluric Burst, Bloom, and LER, but now Bloom and LER are on "CD" ... so spam Rime? Considering it only heals for 8k and someone could get blasted by 22k + hits (ignore the 70k hits in this example!)... it just doesn't seem like the right solution.

Hail blast

Cast on targets target

Play as a chloro would

Play 41 fk 31 chloro 3 arbiter

Rotate cds.

Use ground zero as a st cd, pop right at the start of a fight because everyone has big dps cds and someones gonna get nuked.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 02-27-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Munchmatoast - Primalist - Coriolis

the pvp crystal doesnt actually work at all.

make sure you are using hail blast and speccing into reduced casting with hail blast. hail blast also heals your barriered targets a little. you should also be putting up withering vines on 3 targets as often as you can. i didnt see you mention resurgense or flourish which are fillers you can use as well as natural convertion.

although this is changing soon and that terrible wait time you think you have is getting doubled next month to 12 secs so no more legendary ER for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post

make sure you are using hail blast and speccing into reduced casting with hail blast. hail blast also heals your barriered targets a little. you should also be putting up withering vines on 3 targets as often as you can. i didnt see you mention resurgense or flourish which are fillers you can use as well as natural convertion.

although this is changing soon and that terrible wait time you think you have is getting doubled next month to 12 secs so no more legendary ER for pvp
    This, except for this patch WV and Resurgence isnt worth spending the point & GCD's on if you are able to hail blast.

If you have nothing else to do, yea withering vine etc.

Munchmatoast - Primalist - Coriolis

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    Could you clarify what you mean by that? The PvP healing crystal doesn't heal for 4500 extra (assuming 4-piece bonus + no healing nerf?) overall?

Quote Originally Posted by spago View Post
    Could you clarify what you mean by that? The PvP healing crystal doesn't heal for 4500 extra (assuming 4-piece bonus + no healing nerf?) overall?
    The PvP crystal works. The problem is that it get bolstered in PvP, meaning that it gets replaced by a paper weight in warfronts, therefore not boosting your heals.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Telaran

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    The PvP crystal works. The problem is that it get bolstered in PvP, meaning that it gets replaced by a paper weight in warfronts, therefore not boosting your heals.
    Really? All those pots and grinding to try to get Slayer's gear and the crystal is ... pointless?

I mean, I have to ask, but they're aware of this?

Is the DPS crystal similarly affected?

Quote Originally Posted by spago View Post
    Really? All those pots and grinding to try to get Slayer's gear and the crystal is ... pointless?

I mean, I have to ask, but they're aware of this?

Is the DPS crystal similarly affected?
    Today's patch notes:
    ITEMS
    * Warmongering Healing Synergy Crystals are no longer down bolstered in warfronts.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake without real sugar.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Come. Come with me. I will care for you.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Plane Touched

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5279453
    /10 char

OP you need Inner Might to kick in for really boosted heals.
    Last edited by Kokovap; 03-02-2017 at 03:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread