+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Best Mage DPS with the launch of 4.1

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Laurets View Post
    I keep wondering about that pyro spam macro, I've seen similar ones in a couple of other posts I believe. From my understanding, while the other abilities are on cool down, you're basically just using fireball over and over. Because of this, I always thought that adding Heat Wave to the macro would make it better since it would reduce the cast time of your fireballs (more fireballs, more dps). But the "go to" macros for pyro that I find don't have Heat Wave in them or mention it in the rotation. Is there a reason for this?

Sorry, still in the learning process so apologies if this is a noob question.
    Basically, I do not think that it is a big disadvantage to use heat wave in the spam macro, because the improvements for Fireball (additional 75 % of its damage over 5 seconds) and Cinder Burst (deals additional 30 % to targets affected bye the damage over time effect from Fireball) only affect when Fusillade and Heat Wave is on CD and does not run.

But during Heat Wave, your Fireballs do 30% more damage with Pyromancer's Fury and benefit from the shortened casting time. The goal is to use as many Fireballs and Cinder Burst Proc's as possible during the Heat Wave without your damage buffs running out, this is only possible if you do not have it in the spam macro.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Exhume View Post
    I would say stick with Necro even though with a few bugs but, The Legendary Internalize charge with Legendary Plague Bolt is hitting like a truck. the damage increase across the board is very nice indeed. Hec Soul Purge even has a use now as well. So all in all Necro has gotten some love and with the right build with support souls it is right in the thick of things.
    Newbie Necromancer here. Do you mind creating a build please?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8