+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Best Mage DPS with the launch of 4.1

Rift Disciple

Thanks Wyn for the info , haven't spent a lot of time on PTS with this but did notice the issue with mana depletion normally found with Pyro not being an issue any longer . I am Interested in knowing what off souls you chose and I'm sure all of us Mages would like to know more . I have a 61 Pyro build but surely needs tweeks for 4.1 .

Rift Disciple

Will have to get on PTS this week and give it a go . I was thinking going full Pyro but by the looks of this a hybrid is the way to go . We will call it Parbharb Hehe . Thanks for the parse links Wyn .

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ambraele View Post
    Thanks Wyn for the info , haven't spent a lot of time on PTS with this but did notice the issue with mana depletion normally found with Pyro not being an issue any longer . I am Interested in knowing what off souls you chose and I'm sure all of us Mages would like to know more . I have a 61 Pyro build but surely needs tweeks for 4.1 .
    Ditto for me. Curious what the build and the simplified macros look like I play harb while soloing and really really bored with Ele for experts. Would be a nice alternative.

Plane Touched

#show Fireball
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fireball

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Austinex View Post
    Ditto for me. Curious what the build and the simplified macros look like I play harb while soloing and really really bored with Ele for experts. Would be a nice alternative.
    By the looks of the parse I'm thinking 55 - 58 Pyro , at least 11 in Harb to get piercing beam maybe more for the mana regen if needed , and the rest in Arbiter. I think they changed up the Pyro tree too a bit but not sure of the point changes . Will have to look it over tonight after work . Should be an easy rotation since it looks like no channels .
    Last edited by Ambraele; 03-21-2017 at 06:17 AM.

Plane Touched

By the looks of the parse I'm thinking 55 - 58 Pyro , at least 11 in Harb to get piercing beam maybe more for the mana regen if needed , and the rest in Arbiter. I think they changed up the Pyro tree too a bit but not sure of the point changes . Will have to look it over tonight after work . Should be an easy rotation since it looks like no channels .
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...h0/Sr8A/Wf|Pts
    64 Mastery: Methodical Destruction (with low CP) or Calculated Annihilation (with high CP)

Legendaries: Legendary Firestorm, Legendary Internalize Charge, Legendary Fusillade, Legendary Piercing Beam, Legendary Galvanic Strike

Buffs: Pyromancer's Armor, Lightning Blade

Most of the time, you'll only cast Fireball because everything except Cinder Burst Proc, Fulminate and Fussilade seems to be a damage loss. Keep your 30 sec DMG Buffs from Legendary Piercing Beam and Legendary Galvanic Rush up and refresh Legendary Firestorm every 30 seconds. Use Countdown and Flame Bolt only to keep your DMG Buffs (Accelerant, Improvet Flame Bolt) up. Use Legendary Internalize Charge, Fulminate, Legendary Fusillade, Inferno and Heat Wave on cool down. One of the most easy to play Specs and from the DPS just a little behind the Harbinger.
    Last edited by Bamul; 03-21-2017 at 08:45 AM.

so it's?

Spam:
    Fireball

CDs/Procs:
    L Fusillade
    Cinder Burst
    Fulminate

dots/buffs:
    Countdown
    Flamebolt
    L Firestorm
    L Galvanic Strike
    L Piercing Beam

:vomit:
    Last edited by notawaifu; 03-21-2017 at 07:14 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    so it's?

Spam:
    Fireball

CDs/Procs:
    L Fusillade
    Cinder Burst
    Fulminate

dots/buffs:
    Countdown
    Flamebolt
    L Firestorm
    L Galvanic Strike
    L Piercing Beam

:vomit:
    Looks like, the Pyro will be the replacement for the whole 1 button Elementalists
    Last edited by Bamul; 03-21-2017 at 09:13 AM.

Rift Disciple

Thanks Bamul , will have to try it both ways . Full pyro vs hybrid . Wyn seems to be using a hybrid unless he is just not using his Fusillade which if you are not using that or Flame volley then I see no need to go much past 55 or so , haven't looked at soul tree on PTS yet to see if there are any major point shift changes made that would require you to go full 61 though , just going by the old tree setup until I get home from work .

Plane Touched

Thanks Bamul , will have to try it both ways . Full pyro vs hybrid . Wyn seems to be using a hybrid unless he is just not using his Fusillade which if you are not using that or Flame volley then I see no need to go much past 55 or so , haven't looked at soul tree on PTS yet to see if there are any major point shift changes made that would require you to go full 61 though , just going by the old tree setup until I get home from work .
    Legendary Fusillade:
    Casts Fireball on the target once every 0.5 seconds. At the end of the channel, casts Fulminate on the target. Passive bonus on Cinder Burst is increased to 60%.

You need 61 Points in Pyro for the passive Cinder Burst buff and you can't see Fusillade in the damage meter because its only counts as Fireball and Fulminate damage.
    Flame Volley seems do be a damage loss, use it only if you have to move or you have no stacks from Legendary Internalize Charge.
    Last edited by Bamul; 03-21-2017 at 08:52 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Legendary Fusillade:
    Casts Fireball on the target once every 0.5 seconds. At the end of the channel, casts Fulminate on the target. Passive bonus on Cinder Burst is increased to 60%.

You need 61 Points in Pyro for the passive Cinder Burst buff and you can't see Fusillade in the damage meter because its only counts as Fireball and Fulminate damage.
    Flame Volley seems do be a damage loss, use it only if you have to move or you have no stacks from Legendary Internalize Charge.
    Okay thanks for the explanation , much appreciated .

Soulwalker

64 Mastery: Methodical Destruction (with low CP) or Calculated Annihilation (with high CP)

Legendaries: Legendary Firestorm, Legendary Internalize Charge, Legendary Fusillade, Legendary Piercing Beam, Legendary Galvanic Strike

Most of the time, you'll only cast Fireball because everything except Cinder Burst Proc, Fulminate and Fussilade seems to be a damage loss. Keep your 30 sec DMG Buffs from Legendary Piercing Beam and Legendary Galvanic Rush up and refresh Legendary Firestorm every 30 seconds. Use Countdown and Flame Bolt only to keep your DMG Buffs (Accelerant, Improvet Flame Bolt) up. Use Legendary Internalize Charge, Fulminate, Legendary Fusillade, Inferno and Heat Wave on cool down. One of the most easy to play Specs and from the DPS just a little behind the Harbinger.
    Yeah pretty much this except it does more than Harb for me. Very easy to play. It's damage is equivalent (maybe a bit less) to Primalist' Maelstrom which is the best currently but a much more unforgiving soul.
    Last edited by Wynford; 03-21-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Wynford View Post
    Yeah pretty much this except it does more than Harb for me. Very easy to play. It's damage is equivalent (maybe a bit less) to Primalist' Maelstrom which is the best currently but a much more unforgiving soul.
    Sometimes the Pyro was over the Harbinger but mostly I did a little less DPS. The Harbinger makes reliable damage, the Pyro DPS fluctuates more because of the RNG from Cinder Burst proc.
    My tests were without raid buffs and consumables on the 67 Raid Dummy with full expert gear, ~2300 CP.
    Maybe the Pyro scales better with raid buffs and with Inferno in real fights Pyro is probably better than the Harbinger.
    Last edited by Bamul; 03-22-2017 at 04:14 PM. Reason: some more tests

Rift Disciple

Seems like this will work pretty well , having issues on pts so can't really hone it in . Every time I log on my 61 pyro build has been reset , some abilities I have to double click to use and half the time I hit my fusillade it won't work at all just gives me the "required conditions not met" message lol , Hope they get the bugs worked out , only a week left (If they don't postpone again)

Plane Touched

Seems like this will work pretty well , having issues on pts so can't really hone it in . Every time I log on my 61 pyro build has been reset , some abilities I have to double click to use and half the time I hit my fusillade it won't work at all just gives me the "required conditions not met" message lol , Hope they get the bugs worked out , only a week left (If they don't postpone again)
    I have the same bugs (Soul reset, some ability cool downs are not displayed correctly), these problems have been around for a long time on the PTS for all classes. We can only hope that the bugs do not create up on the live server.
    Last edited by Bamul; 03-21-2017 at 11:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast