+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Best Mage DPS with the launch of 4.1

Soulwalker

they added 2s cast time back to L.bloom hence 2 more points to make bloom instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cileriqao View Post
    they added 2s cast time back to L.bloom hence 2 more points to make bloom instant.
    You don't want to use the cast time reduction on bloom so you can use Bloom on Eldritch Gift for a 0.5s GCD instead of a 1.5s GCD.
    That cast time on LBloom is actually a buff to Harbinger because of that.

Too bad they nerfed the damage by making the Vile Spores from LBloom not affected by the damage increase from LEAscension.
    Last edited by Snap; 02-25-2017 at 04:11 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Soulwalker

gonna try that tmr thanks

Telaran

I have been playing around with the harb spec with chloro at 9 and at 11.

I would agree that using the two points in chloro to get instant bloom is a waste considering Eldrich's Armor proc'ing. It's appears to be better spent in Arbiiter,

Chloro and Frostkeeper still appear to be weird. Earthen Renewal may be the culprit. Is this now locked or is Keyens still tweaking the mage build ?

I think Legendary ER was a mistake and devs are just too stubborn to admit it so they're making it worse with dumb choices.

Legendary Telluric could've been a thing. Say it's a shield now but it's ST and doesn't jump from target to target, it only refreshes itself on the target every 6s.

Or any of the barriers to become pseudo aoe. eg. EB aoe heals around the tank.

but w/e

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    You don't want to use the cast time reduction on bloom so you can use Bloom on Eldritch Gift for a 0.5s GCD instead of a 1.5s GCD.
    That cast time on LBloom is actually a buff to Harbinger because of that.

Too bad they nerfed the damage by making the Vile Spores from LBloom not affected by the damage increase from LEAscension.
    The Legendary EA interaction doesn't seems to be working perfectly with one or the other anyway.

On the PTS my Vile Spores would do about 48k damage, where as the ones from bloom would do 36k, so something isn't properly buffing/not buffing something.

I'm assuming it was my CT Vile Spores, as 48k seems a little low.

Haven't been on in a few days, so maybe it's fixed, there was also 2 different Vile Spores in my ability tab (2 different castable spells with different damage values) so things were clearly under development regarding Vile Spores.

EDIT: The added cast time does effect FK though, shouldn't be a big deal I suppose, might just have to drop the buff to Entropic Veil.
    Last edited by Shinkirou; 03-04-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    The Legendary EA interaction doesn't seems to be working perfectly with one or the other anyway.

On the PTS my Vile Spores would do about 48k damage, where as the ones from bloom would do 36k, so something isn't properly buffing/not buffing something.
    Legendary Bloom got a EA specific nerf on the PTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyens
    PTS changes 2/10/17

Mage - Chloromancer - Vile Spores that come from Legendary Bloom no longer trigger Bulwark of Souls. These Vile Spores no longer benefit from the Timed spell bonus granted by Legendary Empyrean Ascension as they do not have a cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Legendary Bloom got a EA specific nerf on the PTS.
    Yes I know, that's what I was talking about, it doesn't seem to be working properly.

A 10-12k difference in damage between a CT Vile Spores and the Legend Bloom Vile Spores is does not account for the extent of the nerf.

There should be a larger difference in damage between the two versions of the spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    Yes I know, that's what I was talking about, it doesn't seem to be working properly.

A 10-12k difference in damage between a CT Vile Spores and the Legend Bloom Vile Spores is does not account for the extent of the nerf.

There should be a larger difference in damage between the two versions of the spells.
    It depends on where in the calculation that passive damage increase is.
    Is it additive with the soul gift and talents which boost damage done? If so, then it makes perfect sense that the damage increase is only around 30% instead of 60%.

Telaran

Default Pyro

Not seeing anyone say much about Pyro except for nerf to Fire Storm , Has anyone tried any 61 Pyro builds on pts . Had very good luck with it prior to 4.0 so was just wondering if it is worth working on again .

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ambraele View Post
    Not seeing anyone say much about Pyro except for nerf to Fire Storm , Has anyone tried any 61 Pyro builds on pts . Had very good luck with it prior to 4.0 so was just wondering if it is worth working on again .
    There have been some Pyro buffs on the PTS for a few days now, without notes (although we have them now). So yes I'd very much say it's good to give a go again now.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

My mage is just about to hit 70th (not sure if I'll get there tonight or not, depends on how much time I have to play), but I've been running Necromancer for my 66-70 run so far, and I've found a build that I like, and kills stuff fairly quickly (doing about 100k dps with just random drops/quest gear). It's reliant on a couple of 30s cooldowns, but still seems pretty strong. Wouldn't use it in dungeons/raids though, due to the reliance on pets.

Soulwalker

http://imgur.com/a/eHPTS

6min parse with the newly buffed 4.1 Pyro, at the PTS Dummy Foundry using simplified macros and keeping up LGS/LPB/LFS (which all conveniently last 30 secs). Does about the same as Harb for me, but better burst. Could probably do more if I kept flame bolt on a separate button and omit Searing Bolt. Don't really like having dps tied to LFS gtae tbh but otherwise I'm really enjoying the pyro buffs!

Edit: http://imgur.com/a/g1Ufm
    Another parse cause I forgot about Arcane Manipulation.
    Last edited by Wynford; 03-17-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Shadowlander

I would say stick with Necro even though with a few bugs but, The Legendary Internalize charge with Legendary Plague Bolt is hitting like a truck. the damage increase across the board is very nice indeed. Hec Soul Purge even has a use now as well. So all in all Necro has gotten some love and with the right build with support souls it is right in the thick of things.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wynford View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/eHPTS

6min parse with the newly buffed 4.1 Pyro, at the PTS Dummy Foundry using simplified macros and keeping up LGS/LPB/LFS (which all conveniently last 30 secs). Does about the same as Harb for me, but better burst. Could probably do more if I kept flame bolt on a separate button and omit Searing Bolt. Don't really like having dps tied to LFS gtae tbh but otherwise I'm really enjoying the pyro buffs!

Edit: http://imgur.com/a/g1Ufm
    Another parse cause I forgot about Arcane Manipulation.
    Pretty impressive. Which dummy ( I know it's a debuffed one, but what level) and what's your stats?
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast