+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Continuing Frostkeeper Bugs/Concerns.

Default Continuing Frostkeeper Bugs/Concerns.

I feel there's some problems that need to be addressed with Frostkeeper, and it would be nice if they could be included in the pre 4.1 development, but with how busy the devs surely are, I guess I just want to make sure they get at least recognized.

(All problems present on both PTS and Live)

Bugs:
    - Earthen Rapport: The shielding portion of this passive ability that is supposed to be triggered by Crystal Barrier doesn't work, at all.

Concerns:
    The healing portion of both Earthen Rapport and Harmony only account active healing done, as far as I know this is intended, but it effectively prevents them from being useful in the vast majority of situations.

For instance if your Rime or Earthen Renewal top off the tank for 14k hp, Harmony is now healing the tank for 1400/s over the next 6 seconds, which can hardly be considered useful on a tank with a HP pool in the range of 350-400k.

Basically the problem is the current mechanic of the abilities is counter intuitive to their intended purpose, if you're doing your job and keeping the tank as topped up as you can, they're constantly triggering and overwriting themselves for useless amounts. If the tank suddenly starts getting hammered? That 1-2k hps currently in effect from Harmony isn't going to help keep them alive, and the act of saving the tank generally invalidates any larger HoT that could have been triggered during the act, which will also be quickly overwritten with another useless one.

The proposed change is to have them take overhealing into account, to trigger for a proper % of the full amount of healing the spell did, having them be a proactive measure against spike damage, especially between cast times (which FK has always been weak with).

- This would lead to harmony ticking for 5-9k in general practice (excluding ticks from crits, which would quickly be overwritten), which is hardly overpowered as a passive hot on a tank with over 350k HP.

- Due to how Harmony works, they HoT would not even be ticking every second, it ticks a full second after the applicable heal, and said heal is generally applied every 1.5 seconds or so, depending on build/playstyle.

So generally Harmony ticks every 2.5 seconds or so on the tank. (Otherwise my kid climbing me while I try and write this is making math impossible)

- The healing portion of Earthen Rapport would gain a sizable increase, but currently with the shielding portion not working, and the healing portion not even triggering if you tank is at full HP (your tank has to be seriously suffering for this to ever be useful) this passive is practically non-existent. If the passive healing of Earthen Rapport was deemed to much, adjustments could always be made, but currently it's a mandatory waste of points.

Just because I'm salty about the 4.0 slaughtering of FK:
    - Reduce the CD of Ground Zero to 1 minute, if this is supposedly too powerful, reduce the increase of Rime and Earthen renewal on the legendary version (say 50% for starters), honestly it's a 2min CD with an extremely lackluster effect.
    -(For all I know legendary changes are planned for this ability, I have not heard anything, but I also haven't been keeping an eye on such things)

I would honestly rather see Ground Zero re-purposed back into a self buff, with something like an effect that either:

- Replicated healing done on other barrier targets, at a reduced rate (something like 10% if it was all of it, or 20-30% if it was only Rime/Earthen Renewal) as something similar to how it was previously.

Or:

- Spreads 100% of over-healing done on a barrier target to your other barrier targets.

I honestly think that one would be rather fun/interesting, similar to the targeted buff Lib has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    I feel there's some problems that need to be addressed with Frostkeeper, and it would be nice if they could be included in the pre 4.1 development, but with how busy the devs surely are, I guess I just want to make sure they get at least recognized.

(All problems present on both PTS and Live)

Bugs:
    - Earthen Rapport: The shielding portion of this passive ability that is supposed to be triggered by Crystal Barrier doesn't work, at all.

Concerns:
    The healing portion of both Earthen Rapport and Harmony only account active healing done, as far as I know this is intended, but it effectively prevents them from being useful in the vast majority of situations.

For instance if your Rime or Earthen Renewal top off the tank for 14k hp, Harmony is now healing the tank for 1400/s over the next 6 seconds, which can hardly be considered useful on a tank with a HP pool in the range of 350-400k.

Basically the problem is the current mechanic of the abilities is counter intuitive to their intended purpose, if you're doing your job and keeping the tank as topped up as you can, they're constantly triggering and overwriting themselves for useless amounts. If the tank suddenly starts getting hammered? That 1-2k hps currently in effect from Harmony isn't going to help keep them alive, and the act of saving the tank generally invalidates any larger HoT that could have been triggered during the act, which will also be quickly overwritten with another useless one.

The proposed change is to have them take overhealing into account, to trigger for a proper % of the full amount of healing the spell did, having them be a proactive measure against spike damage, especially between cast times (which FK has always been weak with).

- This would lead to harmony ticking for 5-9k in general practice (excluding ticks from crits, which would quickly be overwritten), which is hardly overpowered as a passive hot on a tank with over 350k HP.

- Due to how Harmony works, they HoT would not even be ticking every second, it ticks a full second after the applicable heal, and said heal is generally applied every 1.5 seconds or so, depending on build/playstyle.

So generally Harmony ticks every 2.5 seconds or so on the tank. (Otherwise my kid climbing me while I try and write this is making math impossible)

- The healing portion of Earthen Rapport would gain a sizable increase, but currently with the shielding portion not working, and the healing portion not even triggering if you tank is at full HP (your tank has to be seriously suffering for this to ever be useful) this passive is practically non-existent. If the passive healing of Earthen Rapport was deemed to much, adjustments could always be made, but currently it's a mandatory waste of points.

Just because I'm salty about the 4.0 slaughtering of FK:
    - Reduce the CD of Ground Zero to 1 minute, if this is supposedly too powerful, reduce the increase of Rime and Earthen renewal on the legendary version (say 50% for starters), honestly it's a 2min CD with an extremely lackluster effect.
    -(For all I know legendary changes are planned for this ability, I have not heard anything, but I also haven't been keeping an eye on such things)

I would honestly rather see Ground Zero re-purposed back into a self buff, with something like an effect that either:

- Replicated healing done on other barrier targets, at a reduced rate (something like 10% if it was all of it, or 20-30% if it was only Rime/Earthen Renewal) as something similar to how it was previously.

Or:

- Spreads 100% of over-healing done on a barrier target to your other barrier targets.

I honestly think that one would be rather fun/interesting, similar to the targeted buff Lib has.
    I didn't know the HoT was actual healing done.

And it can be over written in 1 cast by a weaker one.

Both are not good. A FK heals through well heals.

It's not a Pury who stops damage from happening through a shield.

A FK heals after the damage happens.

A FK should be able to stack HoTs. Maybe have only 2 up at a time. A weaker never over writing the stronger.

Probably a nightmare in coding so it will never happen.

It's why a FK can struggle on 2 tank spike damage now. A Pury just bubbles and moves on. A FK franticly trying to heal up each tank praying the other doesn't get wasted before it get to it.

I like a FK. But if it heals through heals then those heals can't be over written with weaker ones.

It's like a self nerf. That's never good is it?

I do like the idea of GZ splashing any over heal lets say a target with frost on it.

But we know that will not happen. That might hurt PvP. Can't do anything to hurt something almost no one does in Rift anymore. It's so sad.

You want to help PvP. Have a PvP tree. We use to have them. It would be so much easier to balance knowing X tree(s) were all you could have. But no better to nerf things in PvE because it just might heal or kill some in PvP.

+ Reply to Thread