+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aedynn

Thread: Necromancer DPS

Default Necromancer DPS

For real though. Am I missing the obvious? Is there a Necro dps spec out there doing 200-300+? I could just be thinking too inside the box. I make small advances up the dps every tweak I make but it's never a lot.

Right now I'm sitting on ~159k
    http://i.imgur.com/jSajEPW.png

Are there ways to boost Blood Spike and Soul Rend outside of 11/4 h/arb. Like I have no idea if Possession use counts as pet damage? Ele would probably be more useful then. Maybe I should try not using a single one button spam... Nah that can't be it. Every other spec is.

Soulwalker

Default Necromancer

yea i cannot find a good dps build for Necro either... think trion has left the building on this soul....hardly see anyone playing it.. unless your low level.

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    For real though. Am I missing the obvious? Is there a Necro dps spec out there doing 200-300+? I could just be thinking too inside the box. I make small advances up the dps every tweak I make but it's never a lot.

Right now I'm sitting on ~159k
    http://i.imgur.com/jSajEPW.png

Are there ways to boost Blood Spike and Soul Rend outside of 11/4 h/arb. Like I have no idea if Possession use counts as pet damage? Ele would probably be more useful then. Maybe I should try not using a single one button spam... Nah that can't be it. Every other spec is.
    Possession does not count as pet DPS (otherwise harb/arb wouldn't buff it)

I know you have to try hard it, but how does the ranged pet fare? 40s of masters rage a minute seems pretty stupid. (might make L neural prod a decent choice)

I suspect that Empty the Crypts (and MAYBE Mass Grave) aren't worth it, considered the **** scaling of AAs and now that you possession every 15s, they aren't even active for the full duration (Possession de-spawns ALL your pets).

Last Gasp is/was not worth it unless the target could proc it.

Dropping Deathly Calling stacks can kill a necro parse, so if you use Condemn too close to Possession, sometimes your pet will screw you over and not apply Putrify. (happens more with the ranged pet but still)

Also the melee pet's charge does more damage than its basic hit while you're possessed so start bunny hopping.

(I spent way too much time trying to figure out necro a while ago)
    The cockroaches won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.1 Champion 4.1 Overlord 4.1 Riftblade 4.1 Reaver 4.1 Tempest 4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster 3.7 Liberator 3.7 Paladin 3.7 Void Knight

I was trying to use Mass Graves the second Possession ended. Since it lasts 15s and you have 15s before Possession is back. But their damage might not be worth the gcds yeah.

I'll give everything else a go and see where I get to.

and lol using the charge got me kill once so I took it out and forgot to put it back in.

For starters don't cast last grasp.

Reaper's Touch and Last Grasp were always a dps loss, Legendary Reaper's touch might be nice/a good idea with the DC stacks, but I haven't personally tested that to tell you one way or the other.

I wouldn't be surprised if any amazing Necro build made use of legendaries that were about to get neutered, but I can poke around to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

I think I can see some major bugs that are holding back the dps. Tomorrow Ill finish testing and post.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 02-09-2017 at 07:30 AM.

ok lol. I had a lot more written up. But Legendary Condemn just does not work. Reaper's Touch technically does not work correctly either. None of this **** works.

The ONLY part of Legendary Condemn that works is the additional DC stacks after it expires. But even that is WRONG. Because the tooltip states it goes on the mage. wrong. But the DC stacks aren't even real DC stacks. They're some knock-off debuff. They go into the Class Ability frame yes, but they can't be used by Condemn nor Desecrate.

Nothing else works.

Reaper's Touch doesn't work in that it doesn't care if you have L Condemn or not. It will give you 5, only 5 max DC stacks. But once again they are not real DC stacks. They are debuff stacks. - cannot be used for anything.

So I'm done testing.

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    ok lol. I had a lot more written up. But Legendary Condemn just does not work. Reaper's Touch technically does not work correctly either. None of this **** works.

The ONLY part of Legendary Condemn that works is the additional DC stacks after it expires. But even that is WRONG. Because the tooltip states it goes on the mage. wrong. But the DC stacks aren't even real DC stacks. They're some knock-off debuff. They go into the Class Ability frame yes, but they can't be used by Condemn nor Desecrate.

Nothing else works.

Reaper's Touch doesn't work in that it doesn't care if you have L Condemn or not. It will give you 5, only 5 max DC stacks. But once again they are not real DC stacks. They are debuff stacks. - cannot be used for anything.

So I'm done testing.
    Noticed these yesterday while poking around just before the server downtime notification force crashed my game...

Condem will often only show 5 stacks, while doing the damage of 10 stacks, my Deathly Calling stacks were just spazzing the hell out, the class mechanic icon was rapidly jumping between 5, 7, 8 and 10 in a random order.

I think it's best to just add it to the list of specs to shelf away until they work somewhat properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Rift Disciple

Yeah, I had the 10 stacks showing when I tried it... but necro just underperforms.

I wouldn't mind it being a little lower on dps, but it isn't even that. It's completely non-competitive. I could forgive that if it at least worked as a decent leveling spec, but no... even the tank pets are so soft that they fold in less than half the time of a rogue's DPS pet.

Add to that the massive failure with legendaries in Necro (seriously, a slow to an aoe ability that puts it on massive cooldown? Nobody is going to use that!) outside plague bolt (solid legendary in spec, but probably not great for synergy like other low level ones.) Instead, how about if the AOE ability legendary was to apply plague bolt on every hit target each tick with a 1 minute cooldown. This would make it a useful AOE cooldown. For plague bolt, the legendary could add a different effect, or shorten the gcd, to make it useful as a synergy legendary (or it could remain limited to at most a couple specs with primary bolts that stink.) Maybe something like 'Legendary plague bolt casts place a stacking buff on the mage, and at 6 stacks summon a spectre of death (think necro ranged pet) to attack foes for 10 seconds.

Necro is simply broken right now, it is one of many mage specs which need a lot of work. It has issues at almost all levels right now, sad to say.
    Last edited by Jairone; 02-16-2017 at 01:21 PM.
    Cylendra@Faeblight. Aka Jairone. Aka Desidar. Aka Yseniel. Aka... darn it, I have an alt problem okay?
    Baker of many noms! Also, oddly enough, eater of many noms! Who'da thunk it!

Soulwalker

^^ exactly

Shadowlander

Possession needs to be removed from the game. The ability simply makes it impossible for Necro to play properly for the same reasons Empyrean Ascension had to be changed to no longer provide temporary abilities...
    It completely breaks the flow of the spec.
    Not only that, but Cooldown reduction across the board, for any spec, is bad unless it provides with a fluent rotation to do so, which is absolutely not the case for Necromancer.
    Add to this that pet scaling and reliability has never been good since the dawn of Rift...

I don't think we will see Necromancer performs properly any time soon.

Plane Touched

To be honest I think they should revamp this. They should combine necro and dominator into one soul and make dominator a 2nd melee dps.

+ Reply to Thread