Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By sirdiggby
  • 2 Post By Deeew
  • 1 Post By Shinkirou
  • 1 Post By Fia

Thread: Impact on Harbinger leveling specs

Shadowlander

Default Impact on Harbinger leveling specs

In reading the PTR patch notes, I noticed a few changes coming to how the healing veils from Chloromancer will be functioning. Primarily the following two notes posted in this order.

Veils now reduce damage dealt by 90%. This penalty is reduced by points in chloromancer down to 40%.

Veil damage penalty reduced to 50% base (0% at 61 points spent).

So how will this affect the leveling specs for Harbinger? Will they be completely broke? Doesn't the melee leveling specs rely heavily on the heals from the Choro veil?

Thanks!

It'll just make it slower: doing less dps.

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    It'll just make it slower: doing less dps.
    That's a lot less dps. Good thing my mage is leveled. Have to take another look at the build to see what'll work.

it'll be pointless to go chloro, do less damage so you need to heal more because you are doing less damage.

frostkeeper is gonna be the way to go. but honestly harb is extremely powerful even without offsoul heals as long as you make use of all your tools, at the higher non max levels anyway.

Or, just toggle the veil.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Depends on what Harb changes go live.

Currently on PTS (If it hasn't changed in the last few days) Legendary EA has has it's passive boost doubled. (50 - 100% slashing, 30 - 60% ct spell)

If those changes go live 61 harb with 8 chloro would only lose 20% spell damage, which isn't a huge deal, slashing attack damage would stay as it is on live currently.

Of course I hear Harb nerfs are coming, "nerf harb moar", so I guess that's not the case.

Any other chloro hybrid would just be straight dinked.

Hope everyone's getting nerfed down to mage level, that'd be fun to see. Although every other class would probably rage that it was unacceptable for a class to perform as such and quit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    it'll be pointless to go chloro, do less damage so you need to heal more because you are doing less damage.

frostkeeper is gonna be the way to go. but honestly harb is extremely powerful even without offsoul heals as long as you make use of all your tools, at the higher non max levels anyway.
    How would you see a Harb/FK build looking like?

Also, does anyone know when the PTR changes are tentatively planned to go live? I'm really interested in leveling a Harbinger, I'm trying to decide if I should get used to a different offspec build now or not and the ease of difficulty of leveling a Harb.

Thanks!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Carandrian View Post

Also, does anyone know when the PTR changes are tentatively planned to go live? I'm really interested in leveling a Harbinger, I'm trying to decide if I should get used to a different offspec build now or not and the ease of difficulty of leveling a Harb.

Thanks!
    PTS changes will go live March 1.
    I would definitely level your mage now if you can either as 61 lock or 61 harb
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    PTS changes will go live March 1.
    I would definitely level your mage now if you can either as 61 lock or 61 harb
    I doubt I'll get to end game before March 1st, so will the 61 Harb still be viable for mid to late game leveling come the patch (I.e. Without Chloro)?

Thanks a ton for the responses!
    Last edited by Carandrian; 02-09-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carandrian View Post

Thanks!
    you could go 8 fk or 15 if you want to pick up a barrier and some more endurance and zero pyro for procs.

i think i leveled with a full dps spec though. with harb you can take on named elites even when they outlevel you just because of all the stuff you can do.

If nothing else, 61 Neco does rather well due to Soul Purge healing both you and your pet, couple couple it with FK for a bit of passive healing, or Warlock for a bit of healing/damage off Dark Touch and/or Leech Life.

Either way, regardless of the changes you won't be out of luck for leveling and solo specs, you options just won't be as perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Shadowlander

I know it's slightly off topic, but I see the Lock soloing mentioned a couple times in this thread. While I could understand the necro with the pet and their channeled healing, but how does the Lock deal with incoming damage? Does Life leach really heal enough for soloing?

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    That's a lot less dps. Good thing my mage is leveled. Have to take another look at the build to see what'll work.
    We're all doing a lot less dps, that was the intention behind the PTS changes ...
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

Plane Touched

Default Alternate Build

I've been running 61 Harb, 7 points in Elementalist, 8 points in Frostkeeper. The heals aren't quite as strong as chloroharb, but between Frost Barrier and Legendary Rime it provides decent mitigation with passive self heals that stand up to dots/mobs and you preserve the full 61 Harbinger ability choices.

+ Reply to Thread