+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How is mage now?

Quote Originally Posted by Batislack View Post
    Also, don't bother explaining to people why Warlock ST > Fire Storm Elem ST.
    They don't want to improve, if they did, they wouldn't be arguing so hard.
    I thought dark was actually asking a question at first, and not making a statement with a question mark for some silly reason, since I found his replies overly arrogant I decided to pointlessly argue for some fun, it didn't really have much to do with Warlock itself.

I mean here we have people fighting over what's the absolute "best" dps for the next 11 days, mage specs haven't been working from the start of 4.0, and by the time they got around to fixing them 4.1 balance changes were already in the works. Unless you want bragging rights in the faceroll that is QF (which I'm sure is very important to some) there's been no reason to try and min/max anything, unless that happens to be something you enjoy doing, and can look past the possible legendary bugs getting in your way.

Everything's been in a state of "good enough for now" until 4.1, I sure don't care about a dps contest or bragging rights under such a pretext.

I know Archy's a good mage, and his Warlock guide has probably helped a mages who didn't know what they were doing.

The Elementalist guide also has helped a lot of mages who didn't know what they were doing.

But any arguments made here about what's better than what are about to be rendered invalid, so it's it's honestly really fun to watch everyone argue to seriously over a point that's not going to exist soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

I'm sorry that you have terrible reading comprehension, isn't a very good mage AND is deliciously salty.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-17-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    But any arguments made here about what's better than what are about to be rendered invalid, so it's it's honestly really fun to watch everyone argue to seriously over a point that's not going to exist soon.
    It's not a matter of who's right, it's a matter of who understand.
    If you don't understand in which state Warlock is right now, you won't understand in what state Warlock is in 4.1 either.

Darkdaemon understands better than the vast majority of mages in which state Warlock currently is and probably also understand in what state Warlock will be once the 4.1 bomb is dropped.

P.S. I thought everyone knew DarkDaemon only knew how to speak the irony language. Guess not.
    Last edited by Batislack; 02-17-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    I'm sorry that you have terrible reading comprehension, isn't a very good mage AND is deliciously salty.
    I'm sorry Penny still doesn't love you.

It's not a matter of who's right, it's a matter of who understand.
    If you don't understand in which state Warlock is right now, you won't understand in what state Warlock is in 4.1 either.

Darkdaemon understands better than the vast majority of mages in which state Warlock currently is and probably also understand in what state Warlock will be once the 4.1 bomb is dropped.

P.S. I thought everyone knew DarkDaemon only knew how to speak the irony language. Guess not.
    Warlock isn't difficult to understand or play, despite how eager you are to tell me I don't understand anything, you seem to have completely missed how I just explained that I found Dark was being annoying, so I decided to have a pointless (key word pointless) argument, though since he's resorted to "u dumb u bad u salty" I guess it got to him.

Hell, I'd start making points about how 61 Arbiter could be considered a viable dps if I could get some amusement out of it. Although usually you just have to pretend to not 100% agree with someone who considers themselves to be important.

The other point you skipped was there's nothing really to discuss right now, "if you don't understand the state now you won't in 4.1" is rather the exact opposite of how it works, there's going to be an entirely different state of affairs regarding class balance than there is currently. DPS specs will be reevaluated for their potential, guides will be made, there will be a new meta, the current state is useless, the general player isn't going to go "Ele was pretty good before 4.1, so it has to still be the best, and I'm going to claim anyone who shows otherwise is lying"

Right now we're in limbo waiting for 4.1 so guides can be rewritten, and new "top dps" for each class can be established, you can flaunt yourself to the peasants then. Right now "broken dps interaction x is better than broken dps interaction y" doesn't hold much merit, especially when it's about to be " x and y are the top specs for this class" again. For mage specifically the intention seems to be Harb for melee, and Warlock for ranged, they will likely be uncontested dps specs, and yet you seem to think I'm serious about fighting over a spec with a horrible gtae doing over 140k st dps, being superior for the next week.

You can discuss class balance and specs when there's something to discuss, right now you might as well be fighting over which team's been winning more Conquest since 4.0 launched.
    Also nerf bards.

This thread is sad.

30 people play this game, and you two had to pick an argument over who did the best sub-par dps?

Get over yourselves. Here's a spoiler for you, aint nobody a good dps mage anymore. They left the game a long long time ago.

Just be happy you guys have 9 others to raid with and sing a song already....
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Plane Touched

Default And ...

Thank You.

Shadowlander

Sheesh Deeew.

Let's talk about healing crystals instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    30 people play this game
    Is that including EU?
    Also nerf bards.

Plane Touched

After watching a stream from the dev I am sure that he said the target dps for ST is suppose to be 300K +/-10% on boss dummy for all classes in 4.1. I am assuming that the dev meant pure ST souls with little cleave will go to the higher part of the dps spectrum.. about 330Kish.. and those with cleave should be around 270Kish ST. But who knows, they haven't come correct in awhile.. and many souls don't even have an identity.. Most us players can just argue that if a spec is ezmode it should be less rewarding than a spec that is harder to play. As you know this has never been the case for Rift. Heck 1 button specs never existed until recently to be honest. Back in vanilla we had OP abilities that can be spammed over and over and needed to be nerfed but NT brought about the most 1 button specs in the game that were even competitive in top dps.

I still find the standard rinse and repeat rotation while maintain buffs to be the best for Rift overall with 1 or 2 souls being sort of complex to play like one range and one melee dps for the ultra try hards. Devs went out of line though with some classes like Cleric though.. especially druid.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 02-19-2017 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    This thread is sad.

30 people play this game, and you two had to pick an argument over who did the best sub-par dps?

Get over yourselves. Here's a spoiler for you, aint nobody a good dps mage anymore. They left the game a long long time ago.

Just be happy you guys have 9 others to raid with and sing a song already....
    Basically this.

Mage God Reismmy isn't here and all the subpar mages lose their minds.

reis pls
    ~Xclusive

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/bQjwYek.jpg

Here's a warlock beating an ele-pyro in roughly similar gear. The pyro-ele also cleaved while the warlock didn't use radiate death.
    Pyro-ele can do more dps than that. We had two in one run. One was 530Kish and the other was about 560Kish. They were actually trying to top each other, that is why I remember it. It was a Hex fight with an oracle support and no primalist so dps could have been higher.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 02-19-2017 at 01:31 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Pyro-ele can do more dps than that. We had two in one run. One was 530Kish and the other was about 560Kish. They were actually trying to top each other, that is why I remember it. It was a Hex fight with an oracle support and no primalist so dps could have been higher.
    How much of that 530-560k was on the boss? Because there are adds on Hexathel and Legendary Fire Storm does a lot of padding.
    Also, the bug that made Primalist's Scald also increase other players damage got fixed.

The parse Dark posted is also non-representative of what both Warlock or Pyro-Ele can do, so don't take either DPS as relevant.

Ascendant

How much of that 530-560k was on the boss? Because there are adds on Hexathel and Legendary Fire Storm does a lot of padding.
    Also, the bug that made Primalist's Scald also increase other players damage got fixed.

The parse Dark posted is also non-representative of what both Warlock or Pyro-Ele can do, so don't take either DPS as relevant.
    500k+ is pretty common for pure single target warlock with full Infusion Lv9+ decently geared Warlock in full expert, it should be pretty easy to achieve especially in raid. At least the few decent mages I saw all did it no problem. Archy could probably do it too.

That was a 2 minute fight... you shouldn't have too much time to cleave adds.

I mean just look at the Pyro/ele breakdown where firestorm is 100% passively cleaving adds THE ENTIRE TIME adds are up (and that's just how pyroele works as firestorm being up on the primary target has the highest priority over ALL other spells, as least when properly played and I doubt that raid used 2 tanks lol) yet the boss still took 95.1% of total dps.

So it's actually very easy to calculate
    The pyroele did 446096 dps *.951 = 424237 ~424k dps pure single target on boss.

Warlock has an option to NOT cleave at all while dpsing, however let's assume the warlock also only did 95.1% dps on boss (yes I know DD said the warlock didn't cleave at all, but let's just give it the benefit of the doubt and assume the warlock cleaved the same amount as the pyroele)
    So the warlock did at least 551732 dps * .951 = 524697 dps which is basically 525k pure single target on boss.

So there you go, just a quick mathematical estimation.

Cheers.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 02-19-2017 at 03:40 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    [...]
    Not sure why you are telling me what I already know.

I was asking Flashmemory if he knew that Pyro-Ele numbers had a lot of padding to it.

Ascendant

Not sure why you are telling me what I already know.

I was asking Flashmemory if he knew that Pyro-Ele numbers had a lot of padding to it.
    Not sure why you were asking since it's in the screenshot DD posted.
    Pyro-Ele only had 4.9% padding with over 95% pure single target.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast