+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How is mage now?

Soulwalker

i have never saw a Warlock do 400k dps sustained over 2 minutes... i would like you to link something Dark.. otherwise id say your full of ****!

Redline 70 mage

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard1971 View Post
    i have never saw a Warlock do 400k dps sustained over 2 minutes... i would like you to link something Dark.. otherwise id say your full of ****!

Redline 70 mage

He's probably just shamelessly trying to plug Archy into this, who's 408k parse was on a simulated boss, in other words, a raid environment.

As I said Warlock is viable, it's not current top end, even before radiate death nerf it was behind on both ST and cleave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Soulwalker

totally agree.... sadly i just cannot stand ele! and the red circle of stinch!

We should at least be getting harbinger back, and from the sounds of it they do plan on having Warlock be our ranged DPS option.

The Radiate Death change was apparently so they could buff it's ST without turning it into the original jack of all trades Reaver rework.

I'm not sure if Pyro is turning into a dps spec again, but it'll possibly be a pvp spec soon.
    Also nerf bards.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    Ok, show me a pure ST 450k Warlock parse, I'd love to see once since I hate Ele.

I already know how to play Warlock, as I've played it since Vanilla, but I have yet to see anyone push out more than low 300s for DPS, so please do enlighten me, I'd love to drop the one button Ele cancer.
    I can do about 550k ST DPS on Hexathel if that counts. Still doesn't beat Ele though because of it's passive cleave.

My Warlock guide does have a quick 408k and this doesn't include Death's Door so you can add a bit more to that.

A good Warlock will beat a normal Ele (unless they get good RNG).
    A good Ele will beat all at the moment. This is not the case on the PTS.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

The Radiate Death change was apparently so they could buff it's ST without turning it into the original jack of all trades Reaver rework.
    It doesn't need an ST buff... That's why it's getting reduced with everything on the PTS.

You're all acting like Warlock is worthless without radiate death, even though it's among the top 6 DPS specs.

Soulwalker

then why is radiate death getting nerfed dark? tell me...i mean to me that's pretty harsh doubled CD and only spreads to two additional targets??... are they doing anything to Firestorm?... i mean the only reason i can think of is PVP whiners!

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard1971 View Post
    then why is radiate death getting nerfed dark? tell me...i mean to me that's pretty harsh doubled CD and only spreads to two additional targets??... are they doing anything to Firestorm?... i mean the only reason i can think of is PVP whiners!
    Why did Plague Bringer get nerfed?

Radiate Death got nerfed because Warlock had both competitive ST and extremely strong AOE. If it had lower ST, then the cleave would be justifiable.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-15-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    A good Ele will beat all at the moment. This is not the case on the PTS.
    Which is why I'm excited, I've rather hated Ele since it's rework into a one button spam fest.
    Also nerf bards.

Soulwalker

well if that's the case on PTS i'm very excited aswell...

Ok, show me a pure ST 450k Warlock parse, I'd love to see once since I hate Ele.

I already know how to play Warlock, as I've played it since Vanilla, but I have yet to see anyone push out more than low 300s for DPS, so please do enlighten me, I'd love to drop the one button Ele cancer.
    http://i.imgur.com/bQjwYek.jpg

Here's a warlock beating an ele-pyro in roughly similar gear. The pyro-ele also cleaved while the warlock didn't use radiate death.

this is a fun thread

Rift Disciple

Default If you're tired of the 1-button or 3-button ele/pyro ... just try a 5-button one

It's actually 6-button if you count the 'chase-the-boss-around' button (7- if you count the get-out-of-jail-free pet sacrifice button.) There's the 1) Spam button 2)Ignite button 3)volcanic eruption button 4)CD-block firestorm button 5)Cycle of Fire Crystalline Missile button ... 6)No CD chase-the-boss with 8-sec firestorm and 7) bye bye pet ... hello hello pet button. It comes out to between 450K and 600K depending on boss(es) composition, movement and RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post

Here's a warlock beating an ele-pyro in roughly similar gear. The pyro-ele also cleaved while the warlock didn't use radiate death.
    That's a absolutely terrible Ele-Pyro parse.

I'm sorry for saying this about the mage in question, and I do not mean any personal offense, but an Ele-pyro should be looking at a minimum of 550k on that fight.

I could go find a Warlock who facerolled their keyboard in QF and try and tell you that was a proper comparison, but that wouldn't be very productive.
    Also nerf bards.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post

Why is he using Necromancer over Harbinger?

L Piercing Beam is much more powerful than having Necrosis because of Conflux stacks being consumed by Necrosis and wasting DPS over using all on Warlock DoTs. At least on live, don't know about PTS with the 50% nerf to L VBarrage.

He should have been toward the 600k+ with that Archon in the group if he used the proper spec.

Also, don't bother explaining to people why Warlock ST > Fire Storm Elem ST.
    They don't want to improve, if they did, they wouldn't be arguing so hard.
    Last edited by Batislack; 02-17-2017 at 10:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast