+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Darkwolf9

Thread: a guide to a necromancer buff

Smile a guide to a necromancer buff

~ Hi all, First off i noticed in the stream that Dev's said that we couldn't have a full /rework/ for the Necromancer spec, With that said what i'm posting is an idea brain storm that we can look at (Hopefully Devs as well) and then see what we can do to improve the soul.

Introduction
    Necromancer is a unique soul to rift, Majority of it's damage coming from the summoning of pets and control of your pets. As of now Necromancer pulls a solid * 70 - 80k * ST at level 70.

What Abilities can be buffed ?
    Well for starters majority of the Necromancer soul tree abilities either have low SP ratio's or just horrible base damage.

Reaper's touch
    Deals x amount of damage to a target and snares them over 8 seconds, Deals an additional x amount after 8 seconds.

This ability's base power is pretty awful, it could either be buffed by about 100% or just be changed to something like this

Reaper's touch
    Debuff's your target with a debuff lasting 20 seconds, Increasing all your pets damage to the target by 20%,
    Cooldown; 1 minute

Legendary Reaper's touch
    Debuffs your target with a debuff lasting 20 seconds, increasing all your pets damage to the target by 30%, In addition to this buff, your pets gain enraged spawn, making all necromancer pets attack 100% faster for 20s
    Cooldown: 1 minute

Last Grasp
    deals x amount of damage over 12 seconds, when healed applies additional stacks of last grasp up to 5, when healed 5 active stacks of last grasp will deal x amount of damage

This ability is pretty strong in PvP, Deals around 5k with a max stack, with that in mind i would say you buff it /ONLY/ buff around 20-40% or rework the ability to not do it with healing rather, each time your pet attacks the target.

Last grasp
    Deal x amount of damage over 12 seconds, Each time your pet attacks the target it applies an additional stack of last grasp up to 5, When the target has 5 stacks attacks from your pet will deal x amount of damage, Applies twisted soul minor.
    cooldown: 30 seconds

Infection
    causes your mage pet damage abilities attacks to deal an additional x amount

This buff is super super weak, In my opinion it could either be buffed around 100% or so (Since the damage is like 2k lol) or be reworked to be

Infection
    Increases the charge gain of the owner by x amount, also increases the pet's damage by 50% (High number since it's a higher soul tree ability ..)

Condemn
    converts all stacks of deathly calling on the target into stacks of condemn, dealing x amount of damage over 16 seconds per stack

This ability is super underpowered you could either it give a really big buff (200% ish maybe) or just rework it

Condemn
    Converts all stacks of deathly calling on the target into a pet buff, increasing the damage of your pets by 5% per stack. max 25% for 20 seconds
    Cooldown: 1 minute

Legendary condemn
    Converts all stacks of deathly calling on the target into a pet buff increasing the damage of all your pets by 50% per stack max 250%
    Cooldown: 1 Minute

Empty the crypts
    summons a shambling horde for 20 seconds

Hopefully this one gets indirectly buffed by indirectly by the buffs to reapers touch / Condemn otherwise, The damage of the pets its incredibly low and really needs to be looked at.

Conclusion
    The goal of the this "Proposed" Buff is not too make necromancer super op, It's too make necromancer a little more viable than just pulling 70k in level 70, Necromancer is a summoning pet spec i've tried to make my suggestion not take away necromancer's base feel.

Thanks all for reading if you have any other ideas feel free to post them, Hopefully someone looks at this !
    Last edited by Darkwolf9; 01-20-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    Queen of Faeblight,
    Kelii - Gwali - Wigglypuff - Nubbystubby- 4/4 HM CoA (Seastone best stone <3 )

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwolf9 View Post
    As of now Necromancer pulls a solid * 70 - 80k * ST at level 70.
    managed 140k last I tried. maybe somebody out there has the secrets for it to be top dps

//

But right now the biggest problem I see with the soul is the counter-intuitive legendaries.

First you have Condemn with looks like it wants you to be burning DC stacks to keep it up. Snapshot it inside buffs etc. But then you have the effective 15s cooldown of Possession (30s cd, 15s duration). Which you can't really get DC stacks while possessed. And the short 30s cds on your pets. That get despawn when you posses.

Found my best dps was not using any summon spells. Why waste the cd. Spam Melee pet possession spells and anything that hit hard while Condemning whenever I could.

The legendary halfing the cooldowns sounds nice but not while Possession despawns things.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 01-21-2017 at 04:47 AM.

Rift Disciple

it doesn't help that in my experience, abilities that are supposed to consume your stacks of DC don't consume all of them like they should

+ Reply to Thread