+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bamul

Thread: WTB Explanation

Default WTB Explanation

Elementalist.

Cycle of Fire. "Causes your Crystalline Missiles to deal additional Fire damage, be instant cast, and have a 1 second global cooldown.

Crystalline Missiles. "Cycle of Fire - Instant cast and has GCD reduced by .5s"

Prismatic Armour. "Reduces global cooldown to 1 second."

Rushing Elements. "Reduces the Mages global cooldown to 1 second for 15s."

Cycle of Fire + Crystalline Missiles = 1 Second GCD Crystalline Missiles.

Cycle of Fire + Prismatic Armour Proc + Crystalline Missiles = .5 Second GCD Crystalline Missiles.

Rushing Elements + Anything = 1 Second GCD Crystalline Missles.

Is this just poorly written or..? WTB .5s GCD Crystalline Missiles.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 01-08-2017 at 05:23 AM.

Yeah, its unfortunate that its still this way right now. Its something that ive sent feedback and bug report on a long while back. They still have not fixed it... its kinda ridiculous that one of our buffs completely blocks Prismatic armor+ Fire cycle - something that really needs to be fixed soon. Hopefully the dev's get on it, but send a bug report as well... because I'm thinking theyre either ignoring it or just being lazy about fixing it.

They are far to busy right now to fix things that need fixing. They spend more time destroying most of mage skills right now to the point that they wont even feel or be LEGENDARY in the next balance patch
    Last edited by MakeClericsGreatAgain; 01-08-2017 at 06:26 AM.

Prophet of Telara

That Rushing Elements blocked the GCD to 0.5 sec is clearly a bug and has to be fixed. Currently I use cancelbuff Legendary Rushing Elements and cancelbuff Rushing Elements to avoid this bug.

I don't know if the 0.5 sec GCD Missiles with Cycle of Fire + Prismatic Armour are really wanted from the devs but it give the spec something more deep but on the other hand just spamming Crystalline Missiles is also boring.

The Elementalist needs clearly more complexity which makes him permanently fun and not a 1 button spamming machine.

I've posted this bug in detail to a number of places, including official feedback threads. I don't think it will be fixed soon since the soul's core mechanics still work for the most part. The balance passes to ele on the PTS are largely over and there wasn't any notion that Rushing Elements would be changed/fixed.
    Last edited by Scourge; 01-08-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Make sure you come see the Rift Livestream this friday at 3:30 PM PST! They are going to be talking about class balance.
    Rdy@faeblight
    [Casually Elite] Gaming Community
    www.casuallyelite.enjin.com

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zothiel View Post
    Make sure you come see the Rift Livestream this friday at 3:30 PM PST! They are going to be talking about class balance.
    In my guild, hardly anyone is playing and some players want to go to another game.
    As much I like Rift (played since alpha 2010) i think it's time to go.
    The developer team is just too small to fix the problems like class balancing, new raid content and fragment system in a reasonable time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    In my guild, hardly anyone is playing and some players want to go to another game.
    As much I like Rift (played since alpha 2010) i think it's time to go.
    The developer team is just too small to fix the problems like class balancing, new raid content and fragment system in a reasonable time frame.
    In addition it's too small to fix tings that aren't glaringly broken/affecting all players.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 01-09-2017 at 01:47 AM.

Prophet of Telara

To publish this expansion without real endgame content was a big mistake. We were promised polished content but no matter where you look there are problems.

I do not make the developers responsible for it, I think they give everything that is possible with such a small team.

The size of the developer team is certainly dependent on the financial success of a game and I guess Rift is clearly behind the expectations.

+ Reply to Thread