+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warlock and macro's

Soulwalker

Default Warlock and macro's

Warlock is a build where you need 11gazillion million ability bars just to put all your dots on your bar, and them some for buffs + Void Barrage and Void Bolt OR play straight out of the spellbook, i wanted some clarity on macro's wanting to know how "Wait" "cast" macro's could enhance/user friendly a warlock build because you know im only human and don't have 12 fingers on one hand.

Champion

Warlock used to be kind of annoying to play because you wound up having to manually reapply dots a lot if you weren't careful and wanted to save radiate death for ads. Now though, with void barrage applying all dots and persist, you basically never have to apply them. Even if they fall off because you somehow didn't have persist available, void barrage's cd is only a few seconds longer than the dot duration so they'll be reapplied soon anyway.

If you wanted to get REALLY lazy, i'm sure someone could come up with a macro that spaces out persist, radiate death (which also refreshes dots), and void barrage enough to actually make warlock into a 1 button, aside from having to manage your damage boost cds / toggle and galvanic strike. Conflux kinda needs to be managed too, though if they fixed the life leech issue it wouldn't be as much of a problem.

I was actually really looking forward to writing my first guide on here because I like the current warlock a lot, but in all likelihood it will no longer be viable after the nerfs hit
    Last edited by Boxsmith; 01-04-2017 at 05:55 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Anton 1240

Yeah i heard about the nerf too, i am not an avid pvper, i do however play warlock in pvp not for the dps of it but the control because Dots interrupt ALOT...until you die, and i am not really lazy I'm hating the 1button/2button build that mage has to play (only build that can offer anything good in terms of numbers) but warlock is abit outrageous everything is instant and can be reapplied, i think the best that would go down for warlock would be the way shaman's frozen wrath works, once it is up, the ability greys out and not applicable until it falls offs or obviously refreshed by persist, void barrage...etc. but i think the amount of abilities on your bar as a seperate ability (and not in macro's) is absurd i mean it feels like im playing Cleric tank.... i would like to see warlock in the near future of the expansion because Pyro is the same old same old and with the way the Mage seems to be going looks like we gonna fall back onto Pyro...again and again and again.....

+ Reply to Thread