+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 4.1/4.0 Mage Bugs & QoL suggestions

-Legendary Bloom grants no charge, but it also seems to cost no mana so maybe this is intentional, still ends up being rather inconvenient.

-Legendary Piercing Beam does not count as a "slashing attack", also seemingly intentional but... why?

-Shielding portion of Earthen Rapport is still 100% broken and not functioning.

Not sure if these were mentioned, I didn't read all the replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

bloom and Lpb seem intentional.

But piercing shouldn't need to be slashing, since the gcd buff is all Harb abilities. And it's a buff ability so it doesn't need the dps increases. What's wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    bloom and Lpb seem intentional.

But piercing shouldn't need to be slashing, since the gcd buff is all Harb abilities. And it's a buff ability so it doesn't need the dps increases. What's wrong with it?
    In the first place, why make a slashing attack no longer a slashing attack when legendary? They didn't need to mess with that in the first place.

If they every intended to make any QoL changes regarding Harb, like making Slashing attacks a 1s GCD again, oh well gee, now we have LPB with a 1.5s gcd instead.

The change serves zero purpose, and may potentially complicate any future changes.
    Also nerf bards.

- Legendary Crystalline Missiles (inherently Instant and OGCD) consume Eldritch Armor procs
    Axynia - Pagefault - Segfault - Xinira
    <Transcendent>

Quote Originally Posted by qUiXui View Post
    - Legendary Crystalline Missiles (inherently Instant and OGCD) consume Eldritch Armor procs
    I haven't tested but since it also consumes Necro Epi procs I'd assume it also consume Lock Opportunity. Looks like LCM is tagged as a cast time still.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    The change serves zero purpose, and may potentially complicate any future changes.
    Sure. But until then there is nothing wrong with it not being a slashing attack.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 04-09-2017 at 02:46 AM.

I've somewhat managed to get the Perfect Storm/Legendary Perfect Storm bug to repeat itself. The bug itself very likely a dps boost when I figure out an exact way to reliably get it.

finger blasting this macro for testing:

#show Legendary Perfect Storm
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Perfect Storm
    cast Forked Lightning

1: 1:04s
    2: 34s, 2:33s
    3: 4s, 2:22s

After about a minute I start to cast Perfect Storm as well as Legendary Perfect Storm.

http://i.imgur.com/YArmrEW.png
    Last edited by notawaifu; 04-11-2017 at 04:56 AM.

Sure. But until then there is nothing wrong with it not being a slashing attack.
    No, if nothing else I don't need to cancelbuff my macro.

But I like to be proactive about these things, since mages have a history of taking 6-18 months to get simple QoL changes and bug fixes.
    Also nerf bards.

Pyro suggestion here:

-Legendary flame volley should be given the function to buff the mages damage abilities by 30% just as Legendary Firestorm does as well as hit 3 targets within 7 meters of the original target. The 30% damage buff from flame volley would be active for 30 seconds after Legendary flame volley has been sucessfully channeled and uninterrupted.

-Legendary fusillade should allow your fireballs to do an additional 75% of its damage over 5 seconds without having fusillade or heatwave on cooldown.

-Legendary firestorm should be changed to the normal version but have a 100% chance to proc cinder burst every 10 seconds when your firestorm hits more than 1 target. It would also allow your searing bolt to trigger any and all countdowns active on all targets within 30 meters.
    Last edited by Redawn; 04-16-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redawn View Post
    Pyro suggestion here:
    I'd say a better balance:
    LFV: be the 30% buffer, and sure aoer
    LFus: nah, the fireball dot should stay as it but yes be on LFus. It should not be tied to the Fireball tooltip. It should be naively either on Fus or LFus. Since you can't use it without having Fus (61 point, thus also having Heatwave).
    LFS: lol both of those are extreme. CB is already proccing a lot as it. And 30ms? Are you sure lol? Sure not just within the LFS is more reasonable

But I doubt any major overhauls of legendaries are going to happen now that 4.1 has passed. It's just bug and balance hunting now.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 04-17-2017 at 12:52 AM.

I'd say a better balance:
    LFV: be the 30% buffer, and sure aoer
    LFus: nah, the fireball dot should stay as it but yes be on LFus. It should not be tied to the Fireball tooltip. It should be naively either on Fus or LFus. Since you can't use it without having Fus (61 point, thus also having Heatwave).
    LFS: lol both of those are extreme. CB is already proccing a lot as it. And 30ms? Are you sure lol? Sure not just within the LFS is more reasonable

But I doubt any major overhauls of legendaries are going to happen now that 4.1 has passed. It's just bug and balance hunting now.
    Firestorm would lose out on the 30% damage that it gives to other abilities and currently searing bolt procs all countdowns within 7 meters of your target. This would just extend that range.

Btw Archons Bulwak (Mage Armor) should not be purgeable.
    Last edited by Redawn; 04-18-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redawn View Post
    Btw Archons Bulwak (Mage Armor) should not be purgeable.
    Yeah

+

Legendary Interalize Charge does not bypass the charge cost of abilities. It does, yes, make them not consume the charge as advertised. Example: you cannot cast Fulminate with Legendary Interalize Charge active unless you have over 60 Charge.

I have only tested with Fulminate.

Legendary Interalize Charge does not bypass the charge cost of abilities.
    So charge requirement to cast the ability, to simplify.

I really feel like mage is going to need a QoL overhaul, Harb and Pyro already have 4-5 seconds of setup before they can DPS, and legendaries have turned every rotation into buff juggling.

Many things still don't work properly, even the things that DO "work properly" often don't work properly, or mess something else up.

There's already some signs mage dps isn't scaling properly with stats in this expansion yet again, and we may be in trouble by Q3/Q4.

But oh boy, Shaman's getting buffed.

I'm just a little tired of this being near constant since SL, feel free to ignore me.
    Also nerf bards.

Yeah that's better phrasing, thanks.

/

I'm still waiting for Arbiter tank legendaries. any day now.

Yeah that's better phrasing, thanks.

/

I'm still waiting for Arbiter tank legendaries. any day now.
    It actually took me a week or so to realize most of them are just: "Gives you CHARGE"

Oh boy, because Arbiter had trouble building charge.
    Also nerf bards.

Rift Chaser

Something is wrong with Crystalline Missiles. I can not use the normal Missiles anymore they will only be run in the legendary version even if I have not selected it. And the worst except Pyro/Harbinger/Ele I do not know how I should use the bug to my advantage

All specs which are dependent on the normal Crystalline Missiles with cast time are currently unplayable.
    Last edited by Bamul; 04-23-2017 at 11:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast