+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 4.1/4.0 Mage Bugs & QoL suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by trang View Post
    I'm not sure where else to put this, but I feel as if a rework or change to certain bosses can be done. It doesn't proc (and therefore no lingering) on certain bosses, for example Malannon. I have noticed the same on many instance bosses and raid rift bosses. Again I know this isn't a problem with Neddra's Grasp, but it can't be intended that their abilities don't count as 'abilities'.
    easier change would just be to change neddra instead, having such a big buff depend on whether the enemy attacks is just plain dumb. change nedra you put it on and the buff debuff is on simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    I believe ya, I just know that FK talents are weird as they only count effective healing for most things, so I assumed it was lookin for the same type of triggers -- I do know that ER got changed at some point to get nerfed and such, and maybe it got broke during that transition.

Who knows. FK was "so op" for so long that any dev attention wasnt aimed at fixing issues, but tuning it down.
    They ninja reworked FK's scaling at the start of 4.0, it was only noticeable if you were watching tooltip numbers from weeks prior/3.x. Basically everything was blanket nerfed, then things were slowly unnerfed bit by bit, of course none of this was told to us, and most people didn't notice as they geared up for good reason.

The change was needed to keep FK from being godly with the stat inflation, the problem is, they seemingly broke a few of FK's abilities in the process. It was during this that a few of FK's abilities suddenly stopped working (like Infrigidate no longer providing a cast time reduction), some of these were fixed, others never were.

The passive related to Crystal Barrier shielding the mage was never fixed, and has remained completely broken this entire time.

Basically they Ninja Tweaked FK in preparation for the stat inflation, broke a lot of it's passives, fixed one or two of them, and said "Ehh close enough, screw it".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    They ninja reworked FK's scaling at the start of 4.0, it was only noticeable if you were watching tooltip numbers from weeks prior/3.x. Basically everything was blanket nerfed, then things were slowly unnerfed bit by bit, of course none of this was told to us, and most people didn't notice as they geared up for good reason.

The change was needed to keep FK from being godly with the stat inflation, the problem is, they seemingly broke a few of FK's abilities in the process. It was during this that a few of FK's abilities suddenly stopped working (like Infrigidate no longer providing a cast time reduction), some of these were fixed, others never were.

The passive related to Crystal Barrier shielding the mage was never fixed, and has remained completely broken this entire time.

Basically they Ninja Tweaked FK in preparation for the stat inflation, broke a lot of it's passives, fixed one or two of them, and said "Ehh close enough, screw it".
    Scary thing is you're 100% correct with all said.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Soulwalker

Default Legendary Plague Bolt

Mage Necromancer

Context: Legendary Plague Carrier Buff Tooltip Wrong

Tooltip says: "Plague Bolt has it's casting time reduced by 16% and deals 10% more damage per stack."

Should say: "Plague Bolt has it's casting time reduced by 20% and deals 20% more damage per stack."

Repro Steps:
    Pick legendary Plague Bolt, cast a non-necro skill, read tooltip.

Soulwalker

Archon Soul.

This is about a 2nd bug regarding Legendary Shared Vigor.

On the 1st row of the tree there's a passive called "Favored Ally". Aura-range is extended according to how many points put into it. This does not apply to Legendary Shared Vigor. Legendary Shared Vigor has a fixed range, no matter how many points put into Favored Ally.

Repro-steps:
    1)Get Legendary Shared Vigor (with no points in Favored Ally) and a non-archon spell.
    2)Get into a dimension with a distance indicator on the ground, a dummy and a friend in party.
    3)Cast non-archon spell on dummy. You see buff popping on ally. Distance yourself from ally to see when the buff comes off. Put one point into Favored Ally and repeat step 3 (till you get 3 points in that passive).
    4)Watch that the distance, where ally loses the buff, is the same on 1, 2 or 3 points in Favored Ally.
    Last edited by Dragate; 08-20-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Added those two and the new Searing Vit bug. Not writing any bug reports up until something already written gets fixed. It's a waste of time otherwise. You can do it and I'll link it if you want. Not that it matters.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 09-05-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Not seeing Searing or Mana Wrench fixes in patch notes that were alluded to on (now dead) Discord. I also won't be playing Rift until next week so I can't double check any of those fixes listed. but

* Legendary Condemn has been reworked. It no longer grants stacks of Deathly Calling when it expires. It instead deals increased damage. It still increases the stack cap of Deathly Calling to 10.
    smh (can't fix, just remove it ay?)

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Not seeing Searing or Mana Wrench fixes in patch notes that were alluded to on (now dead) Discord. I also won't be playing Rift until next week so I can't double check any of those fixes listed. but

smh (can't fix, just remove it ay?)
    Issue going on with this mage update as well. (Just copy/pasted from a thread i already made here)

In today's hotfix (4.2: Hotfix #9 9/13/2017) it was stated that "Legendary Neddra's Grasp should now correctly apply Lingering Torment in all cases

The buff "Lingering Torment" Which is applyed/gained when you have points spent in Legendary Neddra's Grasp is now not properly refreshing from Void Barrage or Persist like it use to before todays update. You have manually cast dark touch or Legendary Neddra's Grasp to get it to apply now and it will not refresh any other way..

So it seems whatever was changed today messed up the normal ways in which is use to be re-applied.

@keyens
    Angelinajolie - Missnasty - Dayzedd
    Crisis Crusade
    RIP Defer Death
    Greybriar
    Basic 4.2 Warlock Guide

Shadowlander

I'll post it here then

" ..Legendary Neddra's Grasp is now not properly refreshing from Void Barrage or Persist like it use to before todays update. You have manually cast dark touch or Legendary Neddra's Grasp to get it to apply now and it will not refresh any other way.. "

nasty you completely misunderstood what i told you in game.

this is a glitch existing since like 4.0 ,

in 4.0 , if you apply LNG manually , it will work and the 5 stacks from LNG when they ticks off , lingering will refresh . Hence why locks are adding LNG in the rotation. According to masteries, DT also apply LL and NG , and i assume barrage/persist which apply/refresh the dot should also apply/refresh NG but theres room to discuss.

Right now, what keyen actually fixed , is when you manually DT , LNG will now correctly apply.

However, in before when you manually apply LNG , everything works but now when you use LNG separately, when the stacks tick off lingering will not refresh.

as for barrage/persist , they don't apply/refresh LNG+lingering since 4.0.

so long story short ,

Before this patch :
    no LNG/lingering from DT
    no LNG/lingering from barrage
    no LNG/lingering from persist
    Yes LNG/lingering from manually LNG , and lingering correctly refresh

After the patch :
    Yes LNG/lingering from DT , but lingering will not refresh when LNG ticks off.
    no LNG/lingering from barrage
    no LNG/lingering from persist
    Yes LNG/lingering from manually LNG , but lingering no longer refresh when LNG ticks off.

So lingering basically turns to 8s , with LNG having 10s cd plus it will only pop AFTER the target uses an ability(and even not every ability will trigger this). Meaning there will always be a gap where you wont have the 20% unless you risk your DT/LL without ED overwriting the ones with ED by manually casting DT to refresh LNG.
    Last edited by Cileriqao; 09-14-2017 at 07:25 AM.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that none of this was ever pushed to PTS and never tested by players, if only for a day, to ensure the thing does what it is supposed to do and not break other things from doing things?

It's always my concern that the programmer built it wrong. That's why pts is there.

=/
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Shadowlander

having wild ideas here , maybe change LNG into a 15s dot but only keep the 20% debuff with little to no dmg , or even just a 15s debuff and takes out all the reactive-armor-type stuff and stacks. since it took months to fix like 1/3 of the issue (assuming vb/persist actually apply to the description of the mastery). While dont have to worry about adding another dot will boost up lock's dps by too much.

edited : thx to skid, he told me that , when you use radiant death (spread dot 2 targets) , excluding the main target , only one of the two targets will get lingering which is also a glitch i guess. Already tested.
    Last edited by Cileriqao; 09-14-2017 at 07:35 AM.

OK so.
    -Searing was fixed
    -LNG/Lingering now applies through DT+Mastery
    -but now no longer reprocs
    -radiate death doesn't apply working LNGs to all targets

Arcane Aegis values concordant with each other; Some dom bug I didn't know; I guess the ele hp was meant to stack so that works now; Legendary condemn being stripped a mechanics clears up those bugs. And I threw up links to other people's bug reports on the couple made. thanks guys.

That sound right?
    Last edited by notawaifu; 09-17-2017 at 12:01 AM.

Shadowlander

referring to LNG , as far as i know , yes

lingering wont refresh when LNG ticks off no matter its DT/manual/radiant

Soulwalker

Default One more thing about LNG

If I cast LNG from DT,

that LNG damage is trash... almost 1/10 damage of tooltip

I don know why, maybe no damage bonus from anything

Legendary void barrige or soul build or SP, etc

just 3k damage per tic and tooltip is 30k damage

for now mages r under power class... I hope they fix soon

Why couldn't they fix this in todays patch? If its a deeper problem than a simple fix why not just make it like harbs piercing beam. Remove the damage on ability use part and its fixed.

LNG seems to not even apply lingering torment sometimes as well. It does it the first cast/pre pull but wont apply lingering torment sometimes.
    Last edited by dayzed; 09-20-2017 at 04:43 PM.
    Angelinajolie - Missnasty - Dayzedd
    Crisis Crusade
    RIP Defer Death
    Greybriar
    Basic 4.2 Warlock Guide

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10