+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 4.0 Mage Bugs & QoL suggestions

Default 4.0 Mage Bugs & QoL suggestions

Hey A Giant Flying Octopus with a Left Hand here,

We might as well get a new post compendium of all mage stuff. Like all posts I make. I'm going to steal the idea and copy most the fluff from somebody else who probably doesn't play anymore. I also haven't been on the PTS so I don't know whats been fixed. But like until it hits live and works, it's not fixed imo.

Bugs

General
    Arbiter
    • Legendary Galvanic Strikes damage buff is inconsistent on various abilities. (21% highest?)
    • Legendary Misdirection doesn't give appropriate charge related buffs (Storm Front, Shielding Charge).

Archon
    • Legendary Flaring Power is actually buffing 20% instead of 10%.

Chloromancer
    • Legendary Healing Torrent consumes Boon stacks but its cast time is not reduced
    • Legendary Bloom sometimes fails to cast any Vile Spores to anything. I cannot reproduce something that does not happened every time.

Dominator
    • Legendary Reflective Command does not mitigate any damage. Deew said it should if that matters.
    • Legendary Neural Prod is consumed on the next 3 ticks of damage instead of the next 3 damaging abilities.

Elementalist
    • Rushing Elements and Cycle of Fire don't stack. While Prismatic Armour and Cycle of Fire do stack for a 0.5s gcd instant Crystalline Missiles.
    • Legendary Elemental Forces is consumed on the next 5 damage ticks instead of the next 5 damaging abilities.

Frostkeeper
    Harbinger
    Necromancer
    • Legendary Crystalline Missiles consumes Epidemic procs. L CM is an OGCD instant cast. It doesn't need Epidemic procs to be reduced to 1s GCD and instant.
    • Corpse Talon is still applying Plague Carrier stacks from Legendary Plague Bolt
    • Legendary Reaper's Touch does not grant real Deathly Calling stacks.
      - It gives stacks on the Class Ability frame but not under debuffs on the target.
      - these fake DC stacks did not buff/effect Plague Bolt in my testing.
      - these fake DC stacks, since they do appear on the Class Ability frame, don't respect the Deathly Calling stack. Even when you do not have Legendary Condemn they will count it up to 10 (when applied alongside real DC stacks from pet).
      - It is possible to double tap Reaper's Touch to cast regular RT while LRT is on cd.
      - You cannot use Condemn on these fake DC stacks.
      - You cannot use Desecrate on these fake DC stacks.
      - You can only gain 5 stacks of (fake) DC. Despite it being implied you can gain 8-9. "Each time this ability deals damage it adds a stack of Deathly Calling". It is a 8s dot with an after proc.
    • Legendary Condemn barely works
      - after a long period of testing the spell will break itself. Its cooldown will return to non legendary and thus it will be impossible to stack it passed 5 DC. This breaking is what originally lead me to believe that it wasn't stacking.
      - But I will note that you cannot get 10 stacks of Condemn on a single cast. You have to 2nd cast add more to the stacks. (5/10s cd vs 16s dot)
      - "adds two stacks of Deathly Calling to the mage.." Tooltip misstatement. Deathly Calling stacks are on the target.
      - The DC stacks added when on expiration are the same as the aforementioned fake DC stacks from Reaper's Touch.
    • REAL Deathly Calling does not increase passed 5 stacks
      - With Legendary Condemn selected, and cast or otherwise, your pet cannot grant you more than 5 stacks. It is unlikely to just be a ui issue as my Plague Bolts did not change in general damage. 5 more stacks I would expect another 60% increase. I did not see any.
      - Nor did Desecrate deal any more damage.
      - You can see 10 stacks on the Class Ability frame if you use fake DC stacks from Reaper's Touch or Condemn.

Pyromancer
    • Adding "Legendary Internalize Charge" to a macro spits out errors that the ability doesn't exist and cannot be cast. The ability is still castable if you don't include the legendary tag. The ability in the buffs frames is correctly referred to as Legendary.

Stormcaller
    • If you don't add Legendary to Perfect Storm in a macro. Or even if you just have it on your ability bar not in a macro. It is possible to cast regular Perfect Storm spam clicking it, or macro.
    • The same issue can be found with Legendary Lightning Arc as with Perfect Storm.

Warlock
    • Legendary Void Barrage does not cast Neddra's Grasp when it "casts" Dark Touch as apart of its "all known Death damage over time effects". If intended I suggest change "cast" to "applies"
    • The Master Healing Expertise does not apply a version of Legendary Neddra's Grasp that applies Lingering Torment to the target.

Suggestions / Quality of Life

General
    • All the Archon based Support Presets (Terramancer, Fire Hunter, and Eldritch Knight) are effectively useless. Though even if you want to argue that they might not be - they each list Flaring Power as a key ability despite none of them having access to it anymore.

Arbiter
    Archon
    Chloromancer
    Dominator
    Elementalist
    Frostkeeper
    Harbinger
    • Because Furious Assault no longer blanket affects all Slashing; is now only Harbinger spells; slashing attacks from Arbiter aren't treated to the 1s gcd. Making using Legendary Galvanic Strike clunkier than it should be.

Necromancer
    Pyromancer
    • Legendary Fusillade's effect Surging Cinders shares a proc (icon) with the Pyromancer's Blessing's effect. Without kalerts it's hard to distinguish the two.

Stormcaller
    Warlock
    • Lingering Pain's effect to refresh Life Leech with Primary Bolts is counterproductive with Legendary Conflux. This may even be a bug. The Lingering Pain refreshing consume stacks of L Conflux. Leading to a lot of lost dps.

This is just the problems I can think of right now. Share more. I'll add them in and hopefully they get looked at.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 02-12-2017 at 10:49 PM.

also why is Ground Zero a 2min cd???

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Because PvP criers said FK was to powerful. So it was nerfed.

Nice to see yet another fun class ruined by the cry babies in PvP.

Trion doesn't seem to want healers in PvP. So just make it so you can't heal at all in PvP. That would fix it

Champion

Need the Legendary Galvanic Strike buff to reflect how much % damage you were given from using it.

Harb needs a normalized GCD. Since Galvanic Strike is a slashing attack it'd be nice if it had a 1 sec gcd. Also Legendary Bloom actually ended up working better when it consumed an eldritch proc and had a .5s GCD when doing so. I'd suggest either making it have a cast time if not specced into or make it a spell that shoots out 5 vile spores to make it easier for a harb to use without gimping chloro (Although I'm sure chloros also hate the clunkiness of legendary bloom).

Also really need the 5 vile spores to hit one enemy if we want it to.
    Last edited by TheWeirdOne; 01-02-2017 at 11:07 PM.
    Buff Harb! Nerf Ranger!

< Lucidium > I guess.
    Level 70 Mage Trollhydra (Main)
    Level 60 Rogue Siehydra (Used to be main D=)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne View Post
    Also really need the 5 vile spores to hit one enemy if we want it to.
    That seems like it'll be another Phase Step situation. *cough* won't happen
    Last edited by notawaifu; 01-02-2017 at 11:16 PM.

Champion of Telara

Legendary Flaring Power gives ~18% damage instead of 10%

Legendary Galvanic Strike damage varies on different abilities. Most I've seen is a 21% increase. Testing was done probably 4 weeks ago though. I gave up on it since it wasn't doing what it was meant to do.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    Legendary Flaring Power gives ~18% damage instead of 10%
    If you look at tooltpis, or if you try to compensate for the 1% varriance on (all) skills if looking at dummy, it's exactly 20%.
    <Tyael@Gelidra>
    ...Stack on 8...

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    Legendary Galvanic Strike damage varies on different abilities. Most I've seen is a 21% increase. Testing was done probably 4 weeks ago though. I gave up on it since it wasn't doing what it was meant to do.
    Not something I cbf testing on every ability. So I'll assume it hasn't been fixed.

Soulwalker

L Galvanic strike still 1,5s GCD in Harb as a slashing attack.

Plane Touched

Chloromancer scaling issues should be fixed before raid is coming out.

Because this is very powerful for PVP. But normal version should be only 1 min CD and Legendary version can be 2 min CD. But I also think this is too long CD. Maybe devs should decrease 75% to 50% or so and reduce CD to 1 min or 1.30 min. We will see how this long CD will interact with boss damage.

I'm not seeing L Neddra's Grasp apply the damage buff when applied via Healing Expertise.

Often Legendary Bloom will not fire any Vile Spores are any targets. I tried an @self and really getting into groups but it seems like it just fails.

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Often Legendary Bloom will not fire any Vile Spores are any targets. I tried an @self and really getting into groups but it seems like it just fails.
    Gotta be pretty close, I can't remember if it was 11 meters or 14 meters, but I am fairly certain u had to be closer than 15 meters for it to pick a target.

Not exactly ideal.

Edit: Also, legendary radiant spores is intended not to proc veils, as per the dev during testing.
    Last edited by Deeew; 01-10-2017 at 10:46 AM.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    Raid bosses kill guilds sometimes. But guilds kill themselves way more often.

General of Telara

It`s 14 m.
    Lokken - 65 lvl r100 Mage
    Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/

So just logged on first time since SFP, i know i know.....

Yall know that Healing Torrent consumes BoL stacks even at lvl 65? it consumes the stacks b4 it casts.... how does this break!
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    Raid bosses kill guilds sometimes. But guilds kill themselves way more often.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast