+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 4.0 Mage Bugs & QoL suggestions

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Often Legendary Bloom will not fire any Vile Spores are any targets. I tried an @self and really getting into groups but it seems like it just fails.
    I noticed this on things that just spawned like in Rifts.

Gotta wait a few but sometimes you don't have that option.

Still think it would be more ideal if we can just target the 5 vile spores somehow.
    Last edited by TheWeirdOne; 01-10-2017 at 05:38 PM.
    Buff Harb! Nerf Ranger!

< Lucidium > I guess.
    Level 70 Mage Trollhydra (Main)
    Level 60 Rogue Siehydra (Used to be main D=)

You missed a spell, Trion.

Corpse Talon still gives Deadly Calling stacks.

//I also know that a bunch of the stuff listed has been *changed on the pts. I'll go through and retest everything I know about when 4.1 hits.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 01-25-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Necromancer is broken to all hell.

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Necromancer is broken to all hell.
    Use your words....point on the doll to where necro is broken

(data helps)
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    Raid bosses kill guilds sometimes. But guilds kill themselves way more often.

I've already went though the surface of whats wrong here.

But if you'd like here's it all again and more.
    • Legendary Reaper's Touch does not grant real Deathly Calling stacks.
      - It gives stacks on the Class Ability frame but not under debuffs on the target.
      - these fake DC stacks did not buff/effect Plague Bolt in my testing.
      4.0 Mage Bugs & QoL suggestions-necro1.png
      ~ crit and damage rng aside. I do not see any increase here. I would expect something large since Plague bolt itself has a 10% per DC, and Deathly Collusion is another 2% per DC. For a 60% increase. Which... you can see here.
      4.0 Mage Bugs & QoL suggestions-necro2.png

- these fake DC stacks, since they do appear on the Class Ability frame, don't respect the Deathly Calling stack. Even when you do not have Legendary Condemn they will count it up to 10 (when applied alongside real DC stacks from pet).
      - It is possible to double tap Reaper's Touch to cast regular RT while LRT is on cd.
      - You cannot use Condemn on these fake DC stacks.
      - You cannot use Desecrate on these fake DC stacks.
      - You can only gain 5 stacks of (fake) DC. Despite it being implied you can gain 8-9. "Each time this ability deals damage it adds a stack of Deathly Calling". It is a 8s dot with an after proc.
    • Legendary Condemn barely works
      - after a long period of testing the spell will break itself. Its cooldown will return to non legendary and thus it will be impossible to stack it passed 5 DC. This breaking is what originally lead me to believe that it wasn't stacking.
      - But I will note that you cannot get 10 stacks of Condemn on a single cast. You have to 2nd cast add more to the stacks. (5/10s cd vs 16s dot)
      - "adds two stacks of Deathly Calling to the mage.." Tooltip misstatement. Deathly Calling stacks are on the target.
      - The DC stacks added when on expiration are the same as the aforementioned fake DC stacks from Reaper's Touch.
    • REAL Deathly Calling does not increase passed 5 stacks
      - With legendary condemn selected, and cast or otherwise, your pet cannot grant you more than 5 stacks. It is unlikely to just be a ui issue as my Plague Bolts did not change in general damage. 5 more stacks I would expect another 60% increase. I did not see any.
      - Nor did Desecrate deal any more damage.
      - You can see 10 stacks on the Class Ability frame if you use fake DC stacks from Reaper's Touch or Condemn.
    • Graverots 3s cd, 6s dot is weird. But I think thats what Keyens mentioned on Discord.
    • Corpse Talon is still applying Plague Carrier stacks

I also pointed at the ceiling with my middle most finger if that helps, deew.

Also a belated response to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Gotta be pretty close, I can't remember if it was 11 meters or 14 meters, but I am fairly certain u had to be closer than 15 meters for it to pick a target.
    You misread me I guess. I said I was up in the mobs. I am well within Melee range and it has failed.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 02-10-2017 at 03:03 AM.

Lightbulb I'm not alone...

I've been playing SFP on and off since it's come out have reached level 70 on my mage and am half way through getting decent gear. I've played a mage as my primary character since Rift came out. I've been thinking "what am I doing wrong, why doesn't any spec seem to be working right"? I am grateful to the people that spent the time to generate clear information and some data to clarify the state of the mage class in this game. It's NOT good, not good at all. The main thing I related to, was several comments that mage gear is not scaling like other classes. My rogue is level 68 and I would be far more confidant in a difficult situation with that character than my level 70 mage. This was definitely not my experience in the past.
    Thanks.
    Level 65 Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2