Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Warlock Guide?

Soulwalker

Default Warlock Guide?

Anyone have a 4.0 Warlock guide?

Thanks for the help.

Champion

I was tempted to make one, but in all likelihood warlock won't be worth playing once the nerfs hit, so it seems pretty pointless now.

I will write one up if they don't get hit to hard with the nerf bat and no one else has done one yet.

For the mean time, just go full 61 warlock, 15 neco. Thats about it really.

I just did 15necro. playing it like normal but with galvanic. Probably sub optimal because L Conflux is wonky. I see a lot of people using Piercing Beam too /shrug

Gotta wait for nerfs on this one.

Rift Chaser

not sure warlock really needs a new 4.0 guide its basically the same build just add the legendaries which doesn't change the rotation outside of what you put in the offsouls. 61 warlock is still the same is just got some big boy pants and will soon be knocked down a couple pegs.
    Last edited by makerofwidows; 12-29-2016 at 07:44 AM.

Does anyone know how L Bloom affects L Draining Bolt? If it counts as 6 hits and reduces Drain Bolt by 24s that seems very strong (and chloro isn't that bad an offsoul anyway).
    The cockroaches won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.1 Champion 4.1 Overlord 4.1 Riftblade 4.1 Reaver 4.1 Tempest 4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster 3.7 Liberator 3.7 Paladin 3.7 Void Knight

It does not.

Soulwalker

Do we know for sure a Warlock nerf is coming or is it just guess work at the moment?

Soulwalker

60ele/16pyro blows warlock out the door in pve dungeons, not sure why warlock is getting a nerf!

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard1971 View Post
    60ele/16pyro blows warlock out the door in pve dungeons, not sure why warlock is getting a nerf!
    it's 'strong' in pvp

Plane Touched

Default It's like this

Warlock will get heavily nerfed because it's so strong in PvP at the moment, Trion has a history of gutting Mage specs in PvE that are "too strong" in PvP because of the extra coding involved in making PvP limited changes, because other classes are complaining that Mages are overpowered, and very limited push-back by the Mage community on the PTS feedback thread. So yes, Mage will go to the bottom in terms of dps, and Warlock will be nerfed until it's an irrelevant spec again. It's sad because from an overall design standpoint Warlock is exceptional.

Soulwalker

That sucks, I've only been back awhile and I really enjoy it but it seems like things are Chaotic in terms of Souls and their status over even short periods of time. I struggle to invest time in something I know is going to get changed randomly. The problem is that seems a possibility with every soul in the game. So far I've only gotten really invested in a couple classes but they've both changed alot in a short period of time.

They better not bring the nerf-hammer. Warlock hasn't been worthy in what seems like forever. It was overdue to be a viable option.

Let us DoT!
    If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to financial compensation.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Exia211 View Post
    They better not bring the nerf-hammer. Warlock hasn't been worthy in what seems like forever. It was overdue to be a viable option.

Let us DoT!
    Hate to break your bubble but it's already been nerfed on PTS. It will probably still be good for the Fortress Siege but that's about it.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard1971 View Post
    Just because you have a 2nd mage spec that's less overpowered than the first mage spec doesn't mean the 2nd mage specs should be untouched.

There are other factors here and no PvP isn't the only reason.

Let's put it this way so it's easier to understand...

If Riftblade was pulling 500k dps ST and cleaving for 1 million dps.
    Then you have a reaver spec that is pulling 460k single target while cleaving for 1 million dps .

For reference most other callings are pulling 350k with 0 cleaving.

So clearly RB blew reaver right out of the water, so we should just nerf RB to other classes level and keep reaver untouched?
    Think about it.

You can feel free to plug in Pyroele for RB and Warlock for Reaver above if you didn't get it.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 12-31-2016 at 06:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast