+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4.0 dominator ideas?

Rift Disciple

Default 4.0 dominator ideas?

Skimmed through the mage aection and mage guide section and didn't see any dominator talk. Anyone see any new opportunities for the dominator that didn't exist last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Mohrb View Post
    Skimmed through the mage aection and mage guide section and didn't see any dominator talk. Anyone see any new opportunities for the dominator that didn't exist last year?
    A lot of the ppl that made guides or least tried to keep them going I fear have stept away. Iv been stuck on harb atm maybe ill look at DOm idk but yeas some updated mage love Im all for it!

I'd like to see Legendary Death's Edict lose the stun/snare affect. That way the anti-healing component of the ability has a greater likelihood of carrying through its full duration.

*Legendary Death's Edict: Stuns the enemy for up to 4s and snares them by 30% for 10s. While under the affect of Death's Edict, the target cannot receive healing.
    Who is John Galt?

I've been trying to work up a good dom build in SFP but not having much luck at all. The dmg is extremely low. Only thing its good for atm is a fair about of CC.
    Angelinajolie - Missnasty - Dayzedd
    Crisis Crusade
    RIP Defer Death
    Greybriar

Soulwalker

Default im working on a build

im working on a dom build right now looks promising tho early days yet. iv got the initial build worked out and im working on the macros right now should be ready in about 24 hrs give or take. the only tests i've done so far have been on dummies to get an initial baseline (not good i know as dummies dont fight back you lose the utility component but necessary while i get the rotation worked out). as it stands iv been pulling over 100k single target & upwards of 450+ aoe. tho as i said this is without any of the utility effects being taken into account and just off tb dummies. so i could get more or less out of it i just need more time to work on it + run some real tests. tho the dps single target is low i'm thinking it's got potential as a support spec + vs trash i can see it being quite useful will update and share what i come up with later on right now it's too late and i need to get some sleep
    Last edited by meirden; 12-31-2016 at 12:50 AM.

Rift Disciple

Let me know what you end up coming up with. It was always my favorite soul.

Ive always used it with 15 warlock because opportunity reducing cast times is wonderful... seems like thst with legendsry malevolent bolt could work well (if it doesn't glitch). Plus legendsry draining bolt would also add a good amount of survivability.

Im disappointed a bit in legendary pain armor though... 10% damage returning as a shield doesn't seem noticable to me.

Rift Disciple

Yeah, I tried dominator for a bit with the idea of having at least decent aoe. Nope. That part is currently even broken.

As it stands, the only use for Dominator is in synergy builds for things like reflect. All the other control is available elsewhere, with more damage.

ST numbers are pretty easy to get to ~140-150k, but that's not exactly good. AOE numbers are sadly low, with abilities neither hit hard enough or having low enough cooldowns to make it shine for that.

Your best bet is to just stay away until, maybe someday, it is fixed.
    Cylendra@Faeblight. Aka Jairone. Aka Desidar. Aka Yseniel. Aka... darn it, I have an alt problem okay?
    Baker of many noms! Also, oddly enough, eater of many noms! Who'da thunk it!

+ Reply to Thread