+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legendary Neural prod broken after patch.

Rift Disciple

Default Legendary Neural prod broken after patch.

Legendary neural prod is supposed to increase damage by 30% on next 3 abilities but it is consumed by each tick of damage from firestorm . i can literally cast this ability while firestorm is running and watch the stacks be removed without any other ability being cast at all. should also point out it is not actually increasing the damage of the ticks from firestorm either.

https://youtu.be/bvacK5R6GtY

That interaction existed before hotfix #5. I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure neural prod increases the damage of the entire firestorm if you have the buffs active for the initial cast. You just don't get to double dip on them as they are consumed by each tick. The echo casts on elemental burst work the same way.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Rift Disciple

yes it does buff the entire firstorm which is what it should do, but the tooltip says 3 abilities, it is not buffing anything if fire storm is already active, just consuming all the stacks

You gotta use the procs before firestorm eats them, which is kinda crappy. Really, it means you get to buff one extra skill in addition to firestorm, as firestorm will eat the third proc before you get to cast anything else.

You can use galvanic strike in elementalist builds instead of neural prod and it's a dps increase. Somewhat more cumbersome to make sure you get to full charge before you galvanic, but it's not too bad. 61 pyro should be using galvanic instead of neural prod anyway.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Rift Disciple

i am using 58/18 was parsing 390-420k but after the change it is sub 380k firestorm is eating all the procs before ele burst can be cast.

20k is pretty close to the dps contribution from the flame bolt bug that was fixed last patch. Maybe your damage loss is from that. If you're convinced that neural prod isn't working right then use galvanic strike instead.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Rift Disciple

galvanic strike is a huge DPS loss compared to neural prod, main issue is the fact i am a oceanic player so i have to deal with 250ms+ so sometimes the proc consumes prior to being able to use Elemental burst, my complain is not in the resulting DPS loss but the fact that the ability is bugged and being consumed by damage ticks from legendary firestorm.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DammitBilly View Post
    galvanic strike is a huge DPS loss compared to neural prod, main issue is the fact i am a oceanic player so i have to deal with 250ms+ so sometimes the proc consumes prior to being able to use Elemental burst, my complain is not in the resulting DPS loss but the fact that the ability is bugged and being consumed by damage ticks from legendary firestorm.
    Did you mean Galvanic Strike is a DPS gain?
    I've never used Neural Prod. Always Galvanic. Am Oceanic too but that wasn't why I chose it.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    I've never used Neural Prod. Always Galvanic. Am Oceanic too but that wasn't why I chose it.
    I haven't actually had much luck using galvanic strike, the only spec where i have found it useful was in harb but that never got a proper buff and still does half the damage of ele/pyro.

For me it is a clunky ability that does very little damage, for no noticeable DPS gain, once i worked out the proper timing on neural prod i am managing to use it without firestorm consuming all the procs but requires me to wait half a gcd before using it. i am happy for now using my ****ty 58ele/18pyro/0dom spec and pullling 400k+ with neural prod.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    how much of a dps gain would u said it is because im having trouble getting a definite answer due to rng like i know it is better but how much so.

mathematically lets say im doing 400k dps with neural pod(affecting firestorm and eb importantly). neural pod and galv strike does about the same dps so the difference is nelligible however galv strike does waste 3s every minute. It also means you have to not use elemental forces for a few seconds. so with neural pod lets say both neural and galv does 100k dmg would make this 23.9m vs 57s of galv strike boosted dps.

so lets factor in the neural pod affecting both firestorm and eb which is about 45%-50% of the parse vs 25% on all 57s, this gives us about a 13.5% to 15% overall increase vs 25% on 57s. however im assuming u will miss the dmg of 2 elemental forces every minute since u need 100% charge twice a minute.

so its 13.5%- 15% + dmg of 2 elemental forces vs 25% on 57s since ef is doing about 12k with all buffs and 8.5k with just raging is 12k*4*5 and 8.5k *4*5 = about 410k dmg every 60seconds.
    additional it would be 25% boost on 350k dps ( avg of 13.5-15% is 14.25%, so dps before neural pod boost is 400k/1.1425=350k)

so 57s of galv strike is 24.937.5m
    which makes this 23.9m vs 24.937.5m - 410k dmg
    so 23.9m vs 24.937.5m -410k
    thus 23.9m +100k vs 24.937.5m - 410k +100k

so 24m vs 24.5375m or 2.2% dps gain on average.

Its really close for about 2-3%, so it is pretty close mathematically so idk if its really worth it especially if you have to delay your cds all the time by 1-2s so you can fit the galv strike in .
    <rip critical hit>

You dont delay any cds. You replace a nonprismatic, non fire cycle crystalline missiles once every 30s. In exchange, about 60% of your damage receives an additive 25% damage boost while the remaining 40% of your damage loses 5%. The difference in observed damage is difficult to determine analytically due to the 10s and 6s cycle buffs. Easier to just do it empirically and go parse
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

+ Reply to Thread