+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Burninalways
  • 1 Post By Shelenia
  • 2 Post By sirdiggby

Thread: Mana Problems

Default Mana Problems

I'm finding that I constantly running out of mana when using Chloromancer and Pyromancer at about 3 minutes, though I could use mana pots and mana regeneration abilities, I think this needs to be corrected.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Plane Touched

yes please, mana still being capped at 17k after all this time is just stupid

Champion

I love being mana starved, I get to wave my arms to the mana gods.
    Buff Harb! Nerf Ranger!

Live
    Level 70 Mage Trollhydra (Main)
    Level 60 Rogue Siehydra (Used to be main D=)

Purifier (the dead spec) may last one minute.
    Agree 100%.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne View Post
    I love being mana starved, I get to wave my arms to the mana gods.
    1 click on a button and you get mana back with almost and 61 build a mage has.

So why it mana a problem?

Heaven for bid you use the skills Trion has given you to get mana back.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post

for many mage dps builds your mana recovery is a channel in which you stand around doing nothing instead of doing damage :/

Champion

Cool story bro.
    Buff Harb! Nerf Ranger!

Live
    Level 70 Mage Trollhydra (Main)
    Level 60 Rogue Siehydra (Used to be main D=)

If you think mana is bad now, just y'all wait...

And to the person who says its just 1 button click to get mana... Sure thing bud! Tell that to the warriors, the rogues, and primalists. lmao
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Prophet of Telara

I guess they have some kind of formula for mana costs based on skill lvl but they forgot about 17k mana cap.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

C'mon guys, Clerics always had and have this problem since Classic and we need to use potions and channelings and whatever we have in order to get mana back so i don't think it's a problem at all, it should be like that for every mana user.

It's true that mages didn't have any mana problem at all in most of the specs/souls for years, but this is how it works, spend mana to do something, recover mana, rinse and repeat.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtheskull View Post
    for many mage dps builds your mana recovery is a channel in which you stand around doing nothing instead of doing damage :/
    So then stand there doing no damage out of mana. Which ever is easier I guess.

I choose to click to get mana back if I'm going to stand there doing nothing anyway.

If mages have a mana bar it should come into play.

If not then Trion should remove them.

I don't have a problem with a mage let's say going dry in 2 minutes as long as every mana using class goes dry in to minutes.

So you make the choice. Stand and do ZERO DPS because your mana is gone.

Or click and channel for 3 seconds and get back to DPSing because the damage meter is God! We must be on top and PEW PEW while standing in everything that will kill us. Which sadly is 90% of all DPS.

In closing Trion gives you a was to get mana back. It's up to you to use it or not. I for one use it. Why? Because it's away for getting mana back:P

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    If you think mana is bad now, just y'all wait...

And to the person who says its just 1 button click to get mana... Sure thing bud! Tell that to the warriors, the rogues, and primalists. lmao
    It's 2 seconds. In the time if everyone dies then you failed earlier in the encounter where you could have tapped your button and got mana when things didn't get out of hand. That's on you for failing not your mana bar.

And if that 2 seconds means you can't kill the Boss well..... Then I'll *****. But I've seen ZERO encounters in Rift up to this point where that would be the case. And I've played since beta.

Turn the Idiot Meter off (damage meter) and kill things. All they are for is to measure little boys manhood's anyway. It's never killed any Boss I've ever come across. That's being in WoW since their beta all those years ago. And Rift as well.

All the matters is did the Boss die and did it drop anything your group needed.

Who leads the meter doesn't matter in any way shape or form. Well if it does then you have other problems and you shouldn't be playing a game anyway where your massive ego is getting in the way. Because you are worried about other people which doesn't matter.

Mana users should run out of mana. If they don't it's poor design. If the other classes have other things they use besides mana and they don't run out then that's poor design. Their energy, focus etc should run dry as well. Or their damage and healing lowered so it fit's within what a mana casters can do.

That balance is on Trion. Sadly right now Trion seems to have gone brain dead over balance. Why who knows. But let's hope they get to it soon before Raids come out.

They have tons to do. One it the terrible shape support is in. They are totally worthless being how much DPS can do over what they can bring.

It's 2 seconds. In the time if everyone dies then you failed earlier in the encounter where you could have tapped your button and got mana when things didn't get out of hand. That's on you for failing not your mana bar.

And if that 2 seconds means you can't kill the Boss well..... Then I'll *****. But I've seen ZERO encounters in Rift up to this point where that would be the case. And I've played since beta.

Turn the Idiot Meter off (damage meter) and kill things. All they are for is to measure little boys manhood's anyway. It's never killed any Boss I've ever come across. That's being in WoW since their beta all those years ago. And Rift as well.

All the matters is did the Boss die and did it drop anything your group needed.

Who leads the meter doesn't matter in any way shape or form. Well if it does then you have other problems and you shouldn't be playing a game anyway where your massive ego is getting in the way. Because you are worried about other people which doesn't matter.

Mana users should run out of mana. If they don't it's poor design. If the other classes have other things they use besides mana and they don't run out then that's poor design. Their energy, focus etc should run dry as well. Or their damage and healing lowered so it fit's within what a mana casters can do.

That balance is on Trion. Sadly right now Trion seems to have gone brain dead over balance. Why who knows. But let's hope they get to it soon before Raids come out.

They have tons to do. One it the terrible shape support is in. They are totally worthless being how much DPS can do over what they can bring.
    lol so much impotent rage, 2 secs of mana regen is gonna get you right back to the same spot you were in before because you;ve gained maybe 2k mana when abilties cost 500+ mana.

have you ever even raided before? many bosses get killed seconds before they hit enrage on prog fights. having all your caster have to constantly be regening mana would be a very noticable dps drop.

mana issue has never really been a problem unless you were a cleric healer, at no point has there been any mention by the devs to change the paradigm and now require casters and caster only to run out of resource, and its rather obvious that its just and oversight.

+ Reply to Thread