+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archon

Soulwalker

Default Archon

Just wanted to know what you guys think of Archon now.
    I've run a couple quick tests with different specs and I think 58 archon / 18 Pyro / 0 Dom is a good 'chon' spec. We don't have flaring but still give a very good boost to raid's dps. I was able to sustain 200k on margle palace's dummy but I really didn't went deep into this spec so I could do more.
    The dps is basically based on Fire Storm and Patron's Rage (They benefits a lot from the Archon Armor +50% elemental damage after a Fireball cast).
    Last edited by Johnny4616; 12-04-2016 at 06:26 AM.

Ascendant

There's just no point in creating an Archon without 61 points.
    I'm kind of glad you got up to 200k, but when you can bring a 550k pyro Ele instead? No amount of raid buffing from an Archon is going to make up 350k DPS, definitely not in a 10 man, and almost definitely not in a 20 man if they are a thing any more. I still think other supports can fill that low level buffing and debuffing role at the moment.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    There's just no point in creating an Archon without 61 points.
    I'm kind of glad you got up to 200k, but when you can bring a 550k pyro Ele instead? No amount of raid buffing from an Archon is going to make up 350k DPS, definitely not in a 10 man, and almost definitely not in a 20 man if they are a thing any more. I still think other supports can fill that low level buffing and debuffing role at the moment.

That's what I've been saying about whether Trion went with support. Why bring one?

Buffs you don't need because a pure DPS spec does more damage than support can buff.

They did away with the 1 min Damage buffs. Archon buffs for the most part are X a sent number. They don't scale. Everything needs to be a % or support is pretty much dead and a wasted spot in anything now.

Oooooo. I did 150K as a Archon. Oooo they did 600K without me. They need me why?

I believe that's a terrible design. And least buff all support to make them worth a spot. No they should do as much as a pure. They are buffing. But if the number is 300K+ behind well..... Why?

+ Reply to Thread