+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nima

Thread: elementalist's tank pet

Telaran

Default elementalist's tank pet

it is broken and it is unable to generate threat on enemies even normal enemies.
    it is slow and does not generate enough threat and aoe threat is not working at all.
    i send in the pet first to attack so it will generate enough threat to hold the enemy but few seconds after i attack the enemy will ignore the tank pet and attacks me which is very annoying, also if it gets destroyed, and re-summoned it is unable to generate enough threat to get enemy again.
    and yes it is hitting the enemy but the threat from skills is not good enough to over write the threat from high dps.
    in compare with necro's tank pet it is much weaker with broken skills, also ranger's tank pet is doing much better.

this has been reported before and it just keeps getting ignored, mage tank pet agro has been terrible for a very long time.

There's actually a problem with the Elementalist's tank pet? I always taught it was just because my character had too huge of a burst start that it directed aggro to me instead.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by YellowYellow View Post
    There's actually a problem with the Elementalist's tank pet? I always taught it was just because my character had too huge of a burst start that it directed aggro to me instead.
    i have stopped dpsing and allowing only tank pet to hit the target sometimes it wont get aggro again and sometimes after like 5 seconds of hitting the target with me only standing there it gets aggro, it is very annoying.
    that being said, it is tank after all and should generate high amount of threat regardless of dps,it is broken and totally useless.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    this has been reported before and it just keeps getting ignored, mage tank pet agro has been terrible for a very long time.
    wow if that is the case then shame on trion really. they increased hp of enemies and they are hitting much harder in SFP expansion but they did not fix tank pet and left it broken, shame on you trion.

Telaran

The earth elemental used to be a very solid and reliable tank until 2.5(?) but since the devs deleted Mass Charged Shield and forgot about us Elementalists the elemental is not practical anymore. The AoE taunt has a too long cd and every heal except the elementalist's channeling one causes all additional enemies to instantly attack the mage.

As a returner I'm pretty disappointed too, first I thought maybe the MCS mechanic went into another soul but it just is not in the game anymore, except slightly as self buff for Shamans. But that's the wrong class.

I wish the devs would add a similar mechanic like MCS to Stone Ward, even if it affects the pet only, because I as the mage in fact never wanted it but had to live with it. I remember very good times with this Skill and it in fact was the most important reason to also choose the Dominator soul aside Elementalist for tanking purpose.

+ Reply to Thread