+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: So what's the latest and greatest Mage DPS build?

Rift Disciple

Default Choice of Synergy Crystal

I had been using the Dominion Crystal but with the reliance on Legendary Fire Storm, is the Unworldly Crystal better?

Rift Disciple

My parses using the Dominion Crystal i dont have the other Crystal.

I tried something on the live server today, with the Legendary Rushing Elements i have so many Crystalline Missiles with the reduced cooldown that Ethereal Blast or Legendary Flame Bolt is no longer worthwhile.

I now use Arcane Manipulation and spam as many Crystalline Missiles with the reduced cooldown as I can and I am close to the 500 K DPS marker.

Liveserver Parse ! Full expert gear, no consumables and only the 280 Spellpower PA Weapenstone. No fragment higher as Level 6.
    http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php...1482183056.jpg
    Last edited by Bamul; 02-11-2017 at 02:08 AM.

Been getting a bunch of pms and tells in game about whether neural prod vs galvanic so I did some more parses today after messing around with cd blocks a bit and have some improved parses to show.

https://i.sli.mg/C6ntCR.png

They're basically the same. Neural prod is easier and is better for cleave situations. Galvanic will be the better spec after the PTS firestorm nerfs so it may be worth practicing if you aren't familiar.
    Last edited by Scourge; 12-19-2016 at 02:35 PM.
    70 Cleric Heptane@Greybriar
    70 Mage Pentane@Greybriar
    70 Primalist Veteris@Wolfsbane
    65 Rogue Tectus@Wolfsbane
    65 Warrior Alacer@Wolfsbane

Rift Disciple

Hi Scourge,

I see you only Spam Crystalline Missiles, you do this to save mana or to use every second from Cycle of Fire and Prismatic Armor Buff ?

Does anyone use 58 pyro for lvling?

Rift Disciple

I think pyro in the current state is dead I have not seen anyone playing pyro for a long time apart from hybrid specs.

Soulwalker

I am new to mage and I am curious what the CD Block macro is for in Billy's posted build? I understand the Spam and trash macro but not when to use the other

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MachineBreakfast View Post
    I am new to mage and I am curious what the CD Block macro is for in Billy's posted build? I understand the Spam and trash macro but not when to use the other
    Quite simply, you use the CD block Macro every 30 seconds it increases your Elemental Burst and Fire Storm damage.

Soulwalker

Default mage masteries

I read all the way thru this post but could not pick up on what mage masteries were picked, someone please list them.....

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Oldiesrock View Post
    I read all the way thru this post but could not pick up on what mage masteries were picked, someone please list them.....
    You'll have to be more specific about what spec you want to play. But since you asked, I posted my 61 Warlock guide which is still really good right now. Then it will be ok when 4.1 hits.

Look in the guides section for other things you might want to play.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    You'll have to be more specific about what spec you want to play. But since you asked, I posted my 61 Warlock guide which is still really good right now. Then it will be ok when 4.1 hits.

Look in the guides section for other things you might want to play.
    I do not know if your up on PTS recently but, Warlock took a major hit across the board major. Your guide is good though Warlock lost a huge chunk of dps even the dots are way below what they are now.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Exhume View Post
    I do not know if your up on PTS recently but, Warlock took a major hit across the board major. Your guide is good though Warlock lost a huge chunk of dps even the dots are way below what they are now.
    Yeah I said in the first paragraph of the guide it's getting nerfed. It's still good though. Will be sort of close to Harb once harb gets another nerf on PTS (which is coming)
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Quote Originally Posted by phayse View Post
    Details of what I'm doing ... critique welcome: Legendaries: Elemental Burst, Elemental Forces, Raging Elements, Neural Prod, Fire Storm. I run Synergize and Prismatic Armor, and I do use Conduit of Power (despite recommendations against it.) Masteries: 4,4,4,4,3 (arcane manipulation on self). Aside from the spam macro below, I macro together Intensify Elements and Neural Prod with Fire Storm and Elemental Burst --- so these are cast about every 30 seconds. I have a key for managing Volcanic Eruption which I cast whenever it's available. And one to keep Ignite up at all times. A key for Fire Storm to cast it if the mob moves and if the Neural Prod macro is on CD. I start the fight with Raging Elements but then let the macro keep it up. Follow that with the Neural Prod macro, Volcanic Eruption and then into the spam macro until any of the above come off CD.

This is my spam macro but I think I've thrown too much into it:

#show Flame Bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self arcane manipulation
    cast Internalize Charge
    cast lightning strike
    cast Stormbolt
    cast Icy Carapace
    cast Crystalline Missiles
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Countdown
    cast Rushing Elements
    cast Raging Elements
    cast Elemental Forces
    cast fireball (this casts only if the above drains charge to near zero)
    petattack

Thanks in advance for any advice ... LET'S SHOW THOSE REAVERS THE POWER OF THE MAGES!!!!
    this build i test is low for lvl 70 max 250k dps on 3 min very low
    Last edited by Barbarya; 02-11-2017 at 01:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5