+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: walock

Rift Chaser

Default walock

plague carrier seems to be granting a buff that states plague bolt has a cast time reduction of 16% not 20 like the the legendary plague built tooltip says. this stacking 3 times is a total of 12% cast time reduction being missed on what would now be used as the primary bolt. not sure if the buff has a tool tip error or what just bringing this to light

confirmed its just a tooltip error on plague carrier buff

also not seeing a buff called lingering torment get placed anywhere on me or the enemy when damaged by neddras grasp
    Last edited by makerofwidows; 12-01-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    also not seeing a buff called lingering torment get placed anywhere on me or the enemy when damaged by neddras grasp
    They will gonna fix it in today's hotfix, read patch notes for more info
    Soes@Zaviel "Number 1 Mage Bot"
    Soesi@Zaviel "Number 1 Warrior Hacker"
    Soesheep@Gelidra "Number 1 Rogue Cheater"

Soulwalker

Lingering Torment is working now; it only lasts 3 seconds but it renews every time Legendary Neddra's Torment spends a charge. Only helps against mobs that use active abilities, of course.

However, contrary to the patch notes, Radiate Death does not seem to correctly spread Legendary Neddra's Grasp.

Also, the additional cast time decrease on Legendary Plague Bolt doesn't reduce the GCD below 1.5 sec, as far as I can tell. Seems to help with macro lag/clipping, though.
    Last edited by Arugarix; 12-02-2016 at 06:07 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Warlock is still below ele or ele hybrids in st but it`s much better after recet hotfix. Just 2 more buffs and we will be perfect.

- increase the buff from void decimation to 20% per dot (Void Barrage and Viod Bolt do very low dmg atm)
    - increase neddra's grasp dmg
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Soulwalker

Manually casting Legendary Neddra's Grasp does indeed apply the Lingering Torment debuff now, however if you use the level 62 mastery "Healing Expertise" to apply Neddra's Grasp via Dark Touch, it will not trigger Lingering Torment.
    Pretty sure this is a bug and not intended, since the Neddra's Grasp you cast on your target that way does say it's legendary as well.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Warlock is still below ele or ele hybrids in st but it`s much better after recet hotfix. Just 2 more buffs and we will be perfect.

- increase the buff from void decimation to 20% per dot (Void Barrage and Viod Bolt do very low dmg atm)
    - increase neddra's grasp dmg
    Warlock is not meant to be a ST spec so it should be below them as it excels in consistent multi target fights.

As far as low void bolt damage I don't even cast it I prefer legendary plague bolt from necro as it gets damage buff from deathly calling stacks and lowered cast time

Warlock is not meant to be a ST spec so it should be below them as it excels in consistent multi target fights.

As far as low void bolt damage I don't even cast it I prefer legendary plague bolt from necro as it gets damage buff from deathly calling stacks and lowered cast time
    I beg to differ 350k ST is nothing to sneeze at.

Shadowlander

Are you running a deeper necro hybrid then? Because the basic level zealot usually dies almost instantly when I have been trying to use him. Like maybe you can get an initial set of 5 stacks for one plague bolt, and then deadski.

Im currently running lock/necro/arb 61/15/0 and using Galvanic and Plague bolt as the off legendaries, with all the points in necro for the necrosis and death damage goodness, mostly. But I never use plague bolt, because i never build deathly calling stacks up. Are the plague carrier stacks alone enough to make legendary plague bolt better than normal lock buffed void bolts?

I would LOVE to be able to go deeper into necro, since the plague bolt legendary just makes so much sense, but by my count, you would have to miss out on Death's Door and Void Barrage to get to a zealot that wont die instantly.
    Last edited by Necrologist; 12-05-2016 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrologist View Post
    Are you running a deeper necro hybrid then? Because the basic level zealot usually dies almost instantly when I have been trying to use him. Like maybe you can get an initial set of 5 stacks for one plague bolt, and then deadski.

Im currently running lock/necro/arb 61/15/0 and using Galvanic and Plague bolt as the off legendaries, with all the points in necro for the necrosis and death damage goodness, mostly. But I never use plague bolt, because i never build deathly calling stacks up. Are the plague carrier stacks alone enough to make legendary plague bolt better than normal lock buffed void bolts?

I would LOVE to be able to go deeper into necro, since the plague bolt legendary just makes so much sense, but by my count, you would have to miss out on Death's Door and Void Barrage to get to a zealot that wont die instantly.
    Same analysis; without Ancient tomb zealot is in paper but going so deep in necro tree is not viable.
    Did someone test dps difference between legendary plague bolt plus plague carrier stacks alone and void bolt ?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Treponem View Post
    Same analysis; without Ancient tomb zealot is in paper but going so deep in necro tree is not viable.
    Did someone test dps difference between legendary plague bolt plus plague carrier stacks alone and void bolt ?
    I tested out a bit on a dummy after posting above, and Legendary plague bolt came out ahead, slightly, in a 1v1 comparison.

I did not do a long parse to compare, but plague bolts should come out quicker when you do actually need to hardcast due to cast time reduction, but every plague bolt should mean more draining bolts (which do hit pretty hard) since non-lock spells then reduce its CD. My guess is that it would end up being a slight overall increase over 3-5 minutes. Need to test it.

Rift Disciple

I tested out a bit on a dummy after posting above, and Legendary plague bolt came out ahead, slightly, in a 1v1 comparison.

I did not do a long parse to compare, but plague bolts should come out quicker when you do actually need to hardcast due to cast time reduction, but every plague bolt should mean more draining bolts (which do hit pretty hard) since non-lock spells then reduce its CD. My guess is that it would end up being a slight overall increase over 3-5 minutes. Need to test it.
    Only if you waste a legendary point in draining bolt. Neddra's doesn't proc on a dummy, so you can't really test it, but neddra's, conflux and void barrage are the go-to legendaries for 61/15.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by LordofBones View Post
    Only if you waste a legendary point in draining bolt. Neddra's doesn't proc on a dummy, so you can't really test it, but neddra's, conflux and void barrage are the go-to legendaries for 61/15.
    Good call, got a bit lost mousing over tooltips yesterday. So yeah, legendary plague bolt should be an ever so slight increase over void bolt then.

BTW, we need a revamp of Neddra's might ; a so called raid buff giving +160 stamina... it's a joke...we already have nearly 250K HP

Rift Disciple

Good call, got a bit lost mousing over tooltips yesterday. So yeah, legendary plague bolt should be an ever so slight increase over void bolt then.
    How, though? You can't build desecrate stacks effectively with 61 lock; the zealot keels over if you so much as sneeze on it. LPB does not benefit from Void Decimation, and while LPB has up to a 48% cast time reduction, you're not casting primary bolts enough in a raid environment for that to matter much; an Opp proc VBolt does more damage than an Opp proc LPB.

The only thing LPB has going for it is a 24% decrease in cast time compared to VBolt. VBolt, on the other hand, benefits from a 75% increase in damage pre-execute and a 90% increase during DD.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by LordofBones View Post
    How, though? You can't build desecrate stacks effectively with 61 lock; the zealot keels over if you so much as sneeze on it. LPB does not benefit from Void Decimation, and while LPB has up to a 48% cast time reduction, you're not casting primary bolts enough in a raid environment for that to matter much; an Opp proc VBolt does more damage than an Opp proc LPB.

The only thing LPB has going for it is a 24% decrease in cast time compared to VBolt. VBolt, on the other hand, benefits from a 75% increase in damage pre-execute and a 90% increase during DD.
    Plague carrier buff is 48% cast reduction and 30% increase for Lplague bolt, assuming stacks are full, which happens rather quickly from what I've seen. That isnt deathly calling stacks, but the stacks you get from non-necro spells. Void decimation is 18-21%, at most (?), increase for void bolt. I'm not sure where your numbers are coming from.

Lplague bolt was hitting harder on a dummy, by about 10%ish over void bolt, for me in the limited testing I did.

At the end of the day, getting to the point where one needs to cast either of the spells in a normal lock parse is small enough that one versus the other probably doesn't matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast