+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flame Bolt Spam Bug

Prophet of Telara

Default Flame Bolt Spam Bug

Well another crappy WF on my chloro (I`m a masochist).

I noticed a mage casting Flame Bolts (FB) like crazy melting me in seconds.

Here are the parses.

Flame Bolt Spam Bug-fb.jpg

As you can see he casted Flame Bolt 745 times in over 6 mins.

If you pick legendary FB you are able to cast both legendary and normal one and for reason you are also able to cast normal FB 3 times at once. When you get Wildfire proc you can cast 9 normal ones and 4 legendary ones. I also think that somthing else is also procing those FB beacuse that guy wasn`t casting any fireballs.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

so i did a bit of testing and was able to figure out part of what you are seeing, so not only are you getting multiple flame bolts, but you can literally queue up flame bolt to get in even way more than a single button press gives you.

if u turn on ability queue to full you can increase that number by constantly pressing flame bolt, so 7-9 is what i've seen prob even more. my guess is that with an autoclicker macro you can increase that number even higher. so if anyone can test that should be good for laughs if it works.

perhaps that is how u were getting killed by flame bolt spam.

Prophet of Telara

I wasn't able to get so many FBs either but I`ve checked Maltie's post about broken legendaries and it turned out that it was the same guy doing that (I blurred him in my screens)http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5266888

So it's kinda an exploit.

I`ll try it with my nostromo macro.

EDIT: I was able to get more FB procs with spam macro. But still not as many as that guy from Brutwacht.
    Last edited by Lokken`; 11-30-2016 at 02:39 PM.
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Ascendant

A guildy of mine accidentally got this bug to work in our Pyro Ele spec. We both have the exact same spec, rotation and macros, yet his flame bolt does 55k DPS, mine does 5k. No amount of respeccing or order of legendaries changes this.

It has nothing to do with wildfire either as neither of us have that.

What I didn't actually try is the ability queue.... maybe that's different for us.
    Either way yeah it's bugged being able to use both flame bolts.

Interestingly if you cast Flame Bolt, you only get Flame Bolt as damage. If you cast Legendary Flame Bolt you get both. For me, sometimes one or two ticks of Flame Bolt.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    I wasn't able to get so many FBs either but I`ve checked Maltie's post about broken legendaries and it turned out that it was the same guy doing that (I blurred him in my screens)http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5266888

So it's kinda an exploit.
    If you think thats exploit, you should check warriors Retaliation
    Soes@Zaviel "Number 1 Mage Bot"
    Soesi@Zaviel "Number 1 Warrior Hacker"
    Soesheep@Gelidra "Number 1 Rogue Cheater"

Prophet of Telara

You don't need a 3rd party program to use Retaliation.

If Archyface and me are correct then you need a 3rd party program to proc so many FB casts.

Legendary FB is bugged - you cast it once and normal FB 2-3 times but in order to be able to proc it many many times you need to use autoclicker.
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Don't know mabye, but in my case, i used this bug and got 544 procs in 4mins fight.. So doubt he used autoclicker.. But i may be wrong

Ascendant

I very much doubt it's an autoclicker as well. It's definitely not the ability queue time either. But god damn this is gonna make Pyro amazing for the people that can get it to bug. It will likely be top DPS AND it's effectively a support spec too. (Firestorm is amazing for Runeshapers and Primalists btw).
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Meh, if we gonna top dps with that bug ima cry :P For me its fun spec for trolling at pvp, and in open world, but compared to dungeons/raids, dont know, would be hilarious tho

This has to be fixed, I see mages running around with it doing 15k st average dps 30k+ burst while being 100% mobile.

i thought it was fixed, i did get to try it out in wfs pre patch day, tested a few specs. on a dummy i could parse 100k+ in full tank, and kill people (except for defilers)

post patch it was no longer working.

Ascendant

It's still working and it definitely has something to do with your ability queue being set to full.

Only works on certain fights / bosses however. This from a guildy. I'm still yet to see it for myself.

Shadowlander

Default gg exploit bug

https://youtu.be/a3tlpbp9mwo

Clap....clap....clap

gz exploit bug + 3rd party program

hah was gonna post about yesterday since i got it to work again

initially i was only able to get what i first described which is a few extra flame bolts

then i tested some more and was able to produce the spam but only with galv interaction, that was pre patch day, next it wasnt working but since people said it was i gave it another shot and was able to get something completely different from my first 2 test. which is what is shown above.

super silly since u can tank/heal/dps all in one in experts.

+ Reply to Thread