+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kokovap

Thread: Shielding and Tank healer chloromancer

Rift Chaser

Default Shielding and Tank healer chloromancer

Shielding tank healer Chloromancer. (or good chance to survive Paragons in a PVP battle)

I always wanted tank heal in raids, but purifier was the desired soul for that role. I had no frostkeeper in NMT. I really don’t like how easy and strong Frostkeeper, I will not play it unless I must, but this idea crossed my mind, what if we pair Chloromancer tank healing ability with Frostkeeper shielding ability. Especially after legendary powers.
    This is only theory, because I still have some level front of me to reach LVL70 and has no idea about scaling and boss fights. I was able to heal a fresh LVL65 rogue tank alt in NMT experts, who had only 102K HP with raid buffs and barrier on.
    In theory it looks nice.
    This would be the build: (no legendries on Magelo yet) Must pick Legendary Bloom, Legendary Living Aegis, Legendary Rime.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...FkGGiBiAGl4/Sc

Idea behind: Legendary Living Aegis is reducing cooldown to 0.5 sec, and trigger 6 times to the next Natural Healing or Vile Spores. While Crystal Barrier trigger a shield on target with every heal casted, and has no internal cooldown. Tank heal as usual chloromancer method but when LLA triggered:

NH-shield-NH-shield-NH-shield-NH-shield-HT-shield-NH-shield-NH-shield.
    All shield is passive.

When boon stacks are fixed (right now boon stacks consumed but Healing torrent still has cast time)

This is to cover 3 sec time frame and 2 regular mage cooldowns+ HT. Obviously if the damage not that high not necessary to use all the LLA proc at once.
    Plus Bloom/Resurgence will trigger this shield also.
    When I will be higher LVL and I can pick up more Legendary I will tweak it, this is first version.
    Con:
    This method turns chloromancer to a “regular healer” because we will heal by direct spells and not trough damage.
    Probably work well only with good latency
    Pro: one healer able to heal (in theory) tank or off tank plus raid.
    this should work nice for PVP, with self casted Crystal Barrier for peeps like me who prefer to play still Chloromancer over Frostkeeper.

Opinions?
    Last edited by Kokovap; 11-22-2016 at 03:57 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kokovap View Post
    Shielding tank healer Chloromancer. (or good chance to survive Paragons in a PVP battle)

I always wanted tank heal in raids, but purifier was the desired soul for that role. I had no frostkeeper in NMT. I really don’t like how easy and strong Frostkeeper, I will not play it unless I must, but this idea crossed my mind, what if we pair Chloromancer tank healing ability with Frostkeeper shielding ability. Especially after legendary powers.
    This is only theory, because I still have some level front of me to reach LVL70 and has no idea about scaling and boss fights. I was able to heal a fresh LVL65 rogue tank alt in NMT experts, who had only 102K HP with raid buffs and barrier on.
    In theory it looks nice.
    This would be the build: (no legendries on Magelo yet) Must pick Legendary Bloom, Legendary Living Aegis, Legendary Rime.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...FkGGiBiAGl4/Sc

Idea behind: Legendary Living Aegis is reducing cooldown to 0.5 sec, and trigger 6 times to the next Natural Healing or Vile Spores. While Crystal Barrier trigger a shield on target with every heal casted, and has no internal cooldown. Tank heal as usual chloromancer method but when LLA triggered:

NH-shield-NH-shield-NH-shield-NH-shield-HT-shield-NH-shield-NH-shield.
    All shield is passive.

When boon stacks are fixed (right now boon stacks consumed but Healing torrent still has cast time)

This is to cover 3 sec time frame and 2 regular mage cooldowns+ HT. Obviously if the damage not that high not necessary to use all the LLA proc at once.
    Plus Bloom/Resurgence will trigger this shield also.
    When I will be higher LVL and I can pick up more Legendary I will tweak it, this is first version.
    Con:
    This method turns chloromancer to a “regular healer” because we will heal by direct spells and not trough damage.
    Probably work well only with good latency
    Pro: one healer able to heal (in theory) tank or off tank plus raid.
    this should work nice for PVP, with self casted Crystal Barrier for peeps like me who prefer to play still Chloromancer over Frostkeeper.

Opinions?
    If you are going to be a single target healer doing no damage why gimp yourself? That's the question you should ask yourself.

Ascendant

If you want more shielding, then simply drop Living Aegis and use Frostkeeper's Armour instead. You'd want to change up your spec down to 58 or 54 points into Chloro with the rest in FK since those last points in Chloro would be wasted.

With Bloom, Resurgence, and Legendary Earthen Renewal instance casts you'd be dropping 6 shields over 3 seconds every 10 seconds, rather than every 20 seconds. If you spec deeply enough to get Telluric Burst, you can drop 8 shields over 4 seconds every 10 seconds.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    If you want more shielding, then simply drop Living Aegis and use Frostkeeper's Armour instead. You'd want to change up your spec down to 58 or 54 points into Chloro with the rest in FK since those last points in Chloro would be wasted.

With Bloom, Resurgence, and Legendary Earthen Renewal instance casts you'd be dropping 6 shields over 3 seconds every 10 seconds, rather than every 20 seconds. If you spec deeply enough to get Telluric Burst, you can drop 8 shields over 4 seconds every 10 seconds.
    This shield is not 1 in every 20 seconds, but 6 for 20 second or less time. If it makes sense to you. This is just extra, additional to normal, regular Chloromancer tank healing to help. For PVE I use Legendary Earthen Renewal, but for PVP I use for Legendary Rime for myself. Thanks anyway, I will test more builds, because for PVP chloromancer feel very week for me.

Ascendant

This shield is not 1 in every 20 seconds, but 6 for 20 second or less time. If it makes sense to you. This is just extra, additional to normal, regular Chloromancer tank healing to help.
    Technically, with Bloom and Resurgence added to the LA-procced NH x 6, you could reliably be placing 8 shields every 20 seconds. I'm just pointing out how a slightly different build could do the same every 10 seconds instead.

The play style difference between 61 Chloro and 54 Chloro is minimal.

For PVE I use Legendary Earthen Renewal, but for PVP I use for Legendary Rime for myself. Thanks anyway, I will test more builds, because for PVP chloromancer feel very week for me.
    For PvP I have both.

Rift Chaser

I think I`m just don't want to give up 61 Chloromancer, so I try to bring out of it as much as possible under current circumstances. Would you link your build including legendries, masteries so I can compare them? Many thanks.

Ascendant

I think I`m just don't want to give up 61 Chloromancer, so I try to bring out of it as much as possible under current circumstances. Would you link your build including legendries, masteries so I can compare them? Many thanks.
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../!8kQ5acg|PYXg

I haven't compared the 61 Chloro spec to the 54 Chloro spec in a while, but given that I'm trading off +5% damage and +10 second duration on Radiant Spores for Terrene Bond, Earthen Barrier, and Earthwalk I'm fairly sure the 54-point spec compares favourably. Feel free to share your results if you do end up comparing the two.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 11-29-2016 at 03:47 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../!8kQ5acg|PYXg

I haven't compared the 61 Chloro spec to the 54 Chloro spec in a while, but given that I'm trading off +5% damage and +10 second duration on Radiant Spores for Terrene Bond, Earthen Barrier, and Earthwalk I'm fairly sure the 54-point spec compares favourably. Feel free to share your results if you do end up comparing the two.
    Omg thank you.
    First a question. You don`t use Hail Blast at all? It has now a nice heal component and due this makes instant Earthen Renewal?
    Not done with comparing yet, because on EU almost impossible to play chloromancer now. All warriors has retelation legendary, so I`m busy leveling up my rogue! But I don`t know is this a bug or just tooltip wrong because it is no more cause snare. Nor PVE or PVP.

+ Reply to Thread