+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dominator

Soulwalker

Default Dominator

From what I've seen so far after mana drain was taken out of the game , Dominator is dead. Is there a rework planned for it or something because it's dps is pretty low and even though the cc makes up for it for me it just lacks for me because it's more of an annoyance than an actual threat like it used to be. #MakeDominatorGreatAgain

lol dominator a threat. It's always been annoying and it still is. Stop acting as if mana drains was all it had to offer.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    lol dominator a threat. It's always been annoying and it still is. Stop acting as if mana drains was all it had to offer.
    I'm not saying mana drain was all dominator had to offer , as it offers A LOT of CC but as soon as the CC wears off the dom is pretty much dead. Dom's dps just can't get the job down despite the CC ( I can let this slide as it is a support role ) and mana drain made up for that by making the enemy unable to cast spells or abilities.

TL;DR: The removal of mana drain hindered the ability of a dominator to kill an enemy , let alone an FK , as Break Free does wonders as a counter to Dom CC as well as Fading Light.

its dead, they said there was gonna be a rework but the chances of that actually happening are zero to nil.

It takes ~3secs for a rogue and warrior to regain full energy, so doms never locked them down for long

That's 2/5 callings that mana drains didn't really do anything to.

Now mana drains could effectively lock out clerics/mages, but that only made sense when clerics and mages had the only healing souls. Once trion put liberator and phys into the game which effectively have infinite resource. So is that really fair now?

The last calling, mana drains stalled primalists for minus 50% damage and healing for 20secs, doms, sins and NB's could keep this up pretty much permanently, so that was beyond broken in the saddest of ways. If you think that's fair well.....

In pvp the 2 broken healing specs are FK and Lib/WC hybrid.

So what are you saying exactly? Bring mana drains back so cleric healers can go through even more hell in healing than they have been since other callings got better healing souls? Bring back mana drains JUST for frostkeepers? lol

Mana drains didn't make dom, and they certainly didn't break dom. People are delusional. No rogue or warrior has ever looked at a dom and said "omg he's gonna mana drain me!" And dom's never magically kept FK's in check. FK's were monsters in healing even with dom's having mana drain.

And it's not dead, mages can still go arb/dom hybrid and forever guard/cap flag points. You just don't see that much anymore because all the mages are now FK's or ele's in warfronts.
    Last edited by Orochan; 11-09-2016 at 06:22 AM.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

lol you must not have come against any competent doms, doms main strength was resource denial plain and simple

i honestly wonder if you;ve even pvped in this game, dom wasnt just for healers any strong dps could be kept permanently drained if a mage wanted it, draining frontline pushers like melee wars and rogues was a great way to neuter enemy dps. there are so many games where i targeted dps instead of healers, their dps could not kill ours yet ours was free to wreck theirs

stuns and silences were used in rotation with the drains. you didnt just blow eveything to keep rogues or wars drained and it certainly was possible not zero like caster but enough to where their dps was shot.

as for fk? pretty much proof that you dont know what you are talking about. fk gets mana by critting with its casting, if u got an fk to zero mana without pots they were done they had no other mana regen unless going higher into chlro then what most people were speccing into at the time for.

plenty of games where i kept fks at zero mana.

You should really stick to your word this time and actually ignore me.

Your post is too wrong to respond to, so I'll just say lol @ mana draining warriors and rogues "permanently"

Rift Disciple

I played both cleric healer and rogue healer in pvp and while on my cleric healer I felt TERRORIZED when facing a dom, on my rogue it was still kinda annoying having one on the other side. Leaving dom's CC out of this, the mana drain was annoying on rogue, too (not comparable to cleric of course but still noticeable). The fast energy recovery and that skill from phys that gives you 50 or 80 energy instantly on a rather short cd (and energy potions for emergencies) were helping a lot to counter mana drains a bit but the healing output was still kinda crippled and could be deadly at times (again: NOT as horrible as on cleric).

Now I feel much more relaxed when I see doms. They're still pretty annoying with all that CC but so are cabalists (cabs might actually be worse) while cabs have higher aoe dps too (I think?). I wouldn't be against increasing dom's dps a bit but I'm still happy to see one on my team now too.
    Alaysa@Gelidra
    Laysa@Gelidra

www.eternal-dawn.net @Gelidra [EU]

i guess you need help reading i never said permanently for wars and rogues that was in reference to casters, but it was possible to completely neuter rogues and wars with a proper rotation of drains stuns and silences, i did it plenty of times.

that fact that you think doms were only for harassing healers is what really shows how clueless you are, you just keep proving it more and more how you really hardly know anything about any of the classes in this game.

you;re right i shouldnt bother, your obvious lack of knowledge is so glaring that its just frustrating to read anything you have to say about pvp, back to ignoring you.

Your -exact- words were any strong dps could be kept permanently drained. This is hilarious.

+ Reply to Thread