+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LF a good solo build for arbiter

Soulwalker

Default LF a good solo build for arbiter

Its primarily to solo the most wanted cause some of them just hit to hard for the norm specs used as arbiter to survive alone so just wondered if any1 has come up with a spec that can handle the massive damage they deal specialy when u mentor to lower lvls i used a primalist tank build to do it with no problems at all but i simply cant get it done as arbiter i dont really play dps specs but have tried with necro and there is no chance u can keep ur self and ur pet healed vs that kind of damage so pls advise on a spec if u know any ty.

Try to add Harbinger and Chloro (or Frostkeeper if you have it) in there.

Heck, if you don't want a speedy kill, just do 61 chloro, add frostkeeper and arbiter (endurance) as subsouls. Then withering vine/void life them to death. Note, will take ages.

A Rift screenshot collection.

Watch me on Twitch

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by msmay View Post
    Its primarily to solo the most wanted cause some of them just hit to hard for the norm specs used as arbiter to survive alone so just wondered if any1 has come up with a spec that can handle the massive damage they deal specialy when u mentor to lower lvls i used a primalist tank build to do it with no problems at all but i simply cant get it done as arbiter i dont really play dps specs but have tried with necro and there is no chance u can keep ur self and ur pet healed vs that kind of damage so pls advise on a spec if u know any ty.
    I'm going to suggest an alternative that may surprise you: McChaffee's One-button Ele

No, it's not a good "solo build" in the traditional sense. It's a good "overwhelming force" ST build -- great for exactly this purpose! Minimal DoTs or builders; immediate reasonably-sustained DPS, little else.

The startup and rotation are dead simple, though you have to watch your cast bars during the entire fight to avoid clipping Volcanic Eruption and cancelling a couple of things. That does take a bit of practice and a calm touch.

If you have enough Planar Attunement, add Dessicate to the top of the spam macro (for bosses only), and buff yourself shortly before the fight with Wild Overgrowth. Both consume a planar charge and have long timeouts, so you'll only need them once per fight.

Use the tank pet, don't use Conduit of Power, and minimize your movement during the fight as moving will prevent your best abilities. Tank pet is only decent up to about level 60 or so - and never more than "decent" at any level.

Now comes the only tricky part: Watch your pet's health and your own health very carefully. If either of you is about to die, immediately use the Full Heal --- *BEFORE* your pet dies! --- macro to Reclaim Elements (heals you to full, destroys your pet), then fast cast summon a new pet, which will usually re-aggro the rare before it kills you. Reclaim Elements and Fast Summon are both 1 min CD, so don't expect to use this twice in the same fight.

Add "use <decent healing pot>" either at the end of the Full Heal macro or separately for one additional heal. You're not going to heal through a long fight, though -- you're going for a fast kill.

Other than that, you are just depending on lots of DPS to overwhelm the rare before it hits you at all. While standing still, this build does lots of DPS for any mentored level. For the last few seconds of a close fight, you can kite and spam, macro will even hit for some damage when you're facing away, but strafing in a circle is better, and you'll be doing about half DPS or less. Kiting is good for last 5%, not 50%, of a close fight.

+ Reply to Thread