+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elementalist: Is this sequence right?

Rift Disciple

Default Elementalist: Is this sequence right?

This is the one-button (actually 4-button) Elementalist spam I'm using. I break out Ignite, Raging Elements and Volcanic Eruption. Even though RE and VE remain in the macro, I manage them separately as well. I think they're in the right order based on procs and boosts, but I can't be sure. Does it seem correct? Can it be improved? (Assume I've already heard and read all comments about using 11 buttons instead -- lol.)

#show Elemental Burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ethereal Blast
    cast @gtae Hailstorm
    cast Elemental Burst
    cast Stormbolt
    cast Icy Carapace
    cast Lightning Strike
    cast Volcanic Eruption
    cast Crystalline Missiles
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Storm Slash
    cast Thunder Shock
    cast Intensify Elements
    cast Rushing Elements
    cast Raging Elements
    cast Elemental Forces
    petattack

Rift Chaser

Didn't you already make a post on expanding the elementalist spec why didn't you just reply with this there instead of making a whole new post? Either way you seem to know how to improve it since you mentioned the 11 buttons. Big block spam macros are for beginner or lazy players the more you can micro manage the better it'll be

Ascendant

I agree with Maker.... what was wrong with the other post / thread?

Also, if we were to assume you've read all comments about using 11 buttons, then you would have read my reply to you. But we'd be assuming wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    Also if you're not already, put Storm's fury in your macro just above Crystalline Missiles. It's a DPS gain over CM 90% of the time
    Sorry dude, if you're not going to read the first reply I gave to you, then I'm pretty reluctant to help you again.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Rift Disciple

Sorry, guys ... I didn't mean to replicate a post, and I thought I was asking a different question. I've resolved to stay with the one-button build ... and I did just switch the Storm's fury and Crystalline missiles. Thanks for that. In the future, I will be more careful before I post.

Ascendant

I'm sorry too Really didn't mean to sound like a *******.

I would take Volcanic Eruption out if you are manually managing it though. Otherwise it will go off when you don't want it to.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    I'm sorry too

I would take Volcanic Eruption out if you are manually managing it though. Otherwise it will go off when you don't want it to.
    I actually have a kalert with the VE icon and the word "Soon" that tells me that the CD is up in about 5 secs --- so I either cast it manually or watch for it. You see, I don't have the eye-hand coordination of younger players ... those only in their 40s and 50s, and so my game style is geared around simplifying keystrokes to give me more time to react to the 'red stuff' --- lol. Give me 11 buttons to press, and I go into a coma and die.

+ Reply to Thread