+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Chloro Legendary Powers

Prophet of Telara

Default Chloro Legendary Powers

Radiant Spores - Deals 13311 Life damage to the target over 16s while generating increased threat
    Bloom - Instant, no GCD. No longer castable. Taking damage will cast Bloom on you for 5% of the damage taken to a cap of 5% of your Max Health
    Blight - Removes all heal over time effects and ABSORB shields. Applies Twisted Soul (Minor)
    Healing Torrent - PLUS: This ability is instant if the target is below 50% Health
    Living Aegis - PLUS: Healing spells have a chance to make your next Ruin instant
    Source - http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...m-summary.html

I'm very dissapointed with those. They are totaly useless for pve healing.

RS and Bloom are meant to be chosen by other souls. Blight and HT are for pvp only. Ruin is already instant so.....

I don't see any legendary powers from other souls that would help me heal either.
    Last edited by Lokken`; 10-15-2016 at 02:59 PM.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    dissapointed
    Not just that, most of mages Legendaries are lacking the "Legendary" element in there.
    Like, besides Radiant Spores, how Arbiter synergizes with Chloro? Also, do we really need more ST Threath?

- And what is an extra random Ruin? How is that legendary?
    - Not to mention Arbiter's Legendaries, none of them helps the actual tanking.
    - Legendary Transcendent Abjuration, wtf is this?! 500% dmg on Hail Blast? wat?
    - Life Leech ... ... ... ... Even instant Crystalline Missiles - It'd only be useful as offsouls and still Neural Prod would still be superior, even tho no one uses Dom as offsoul, unless you're f2p, which is at least bizarre since you have to buy the expansion to have access to legendaries.
    - FK's legendaries are more of the same that most likely won't matter if they are kept the way they are. Like, Rime is basically the same as Bloom.

and blah, blah, blah ...
    someone link Kevin Sorbo disappointed, ty.
    "the first step is asking yourself 'why am I here?'.
    is it for the memes?"

Quote Originally Posted by Baald View Post
    I might buy Trion

Quote Originally Posted by hell0w33n View Post
    someone link Kevin Sorbo disappointed, ty.
    Last edited by Artewig; 10-15-2016 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Ascendant

- Legendary Transcendent Abjuration, wtf is this?! 500% dmg on Hail Blast? wat?
    He did say a couple of times on the stream that souls / classes that normally don't do much damage, will have a few tools to increase their damage. This is an example. Puri's new Ward of Fire follows along the same line of giving some DPS to non DPSers
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    He did say a couple of times on the stream that souls / classes that normally don't do much damage, will have a few tools to increase their damage. This is an example. Puri's new Ward of Fire follows along the same line of giving some DPS to non DPSers
    And he can repeat it several hundred thousand times, it won't become less underwhelming or useless.
    Ward of Fire increases target's dmg, which means dps will deal more dps AND FK already haz Frigid Embrace (which is a similar concept).

That "legendary" won't help tru leveling due it's "legendary" nature, which means only players above lvl 65 will be able to ever use it - and players above will know better than use 58+ points in FK to level.

IF I need a healer do deal dmg in order to kill a boss in a raid I'd bring a Chloro, not a FK that needs to stop healing in order to cast a couple Hail Blasts every couple of minutes.
    Now If you told me that Living Aegis haz a chance to proc Chloro dmging abilitites to deal 500% dmg, then it'd sound at least interesting b4 testing it - but that's the not the case.

Bottomline, useless.

PS: Also, I did not watch the stream, I'm commenting based on the source that the OP linked.
    Last edited by hell0w33n; 10-15-2016 at 05:53 PM.
    is it for the memes?"

I might buy Trion

The entire concept of legendary powers is dumb. They're soft reworks. Giving trion an excuse to say "look guys we got new things - kinda, come play our game again"

Warlock
    Void Barrage - PLUS: Casts all known death damage over time effects on the enemy
    ****ing Reaver.

Ascendant

And he can repeat it several hundred thousand times, it won't become less underwhelming or useless.

PS: Also, I did not watch the stream, I'm commenting based on the source that the OP linked.
    That was my source I was just trying to give a bit more information that I'd forgotten to write on the summary and maybe give a bit of a better idea as to why they created those legendaries.

But you're right, Chloro and Arbiter are very underwhelming. Particularly when you see the actual tanking legendaries that Titan is getting. I'd say it will be the new go to tank as things currently stands
    Last edited by Archyface; 10-15-2016 at 06:37 PM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    The entire concept of legendary powers is dumb. They're soft reworks. Giving trion an excuse to say "look guys we got new things - kinda, come play our game again"[/U][/B]
    I'm still dreaming bout masteries re-work. Like ... Arcane Finesse ... really? really?!1

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    Chloro and Arbiter are very underwhelming. Particularly when you see the actual tanking legendaries that Titan is getting. I'd say it will be the new go to tank as things currently stands
    And we are talking about Chloro and Arbiter as a whole, but most of others souls 0 points legendaies are: "raises next non-Arbiter dmg by 5% - lasts 5 seconds, raises next non-Warlock dmg by 10% - lasts 15 seconds, raises yadda yadda".

Or: "Illuminate - Each time this effect is triggered you are granted a stack of Illuminated Earth, which increases the damage of your next Pillaging Stone by 10%. Stacks 20 times."
    Ofc, the raid is dying for a Chon to apply Illuminate. Also, Fireball spam is the go to filler for Chon, so most likely we will be getting flame bolt legendary (mere assumption).
    For instance wouldn't it be less crappy if it would make ur next, let's supposed couple of pillaging stones instant? Idk, just throwing it out there.
    Wtv, Chon needs a revamp anyway.

Dom is extremelly weak as is and the legendaries doesn't impact it in anyway (honest guess b4 any testing), for instance Death's Edict effect should be default.
    Or even: "Malevolent bolt - PLUS: 20% chance to make your next Malevolent Bolt instant", Dom is already based on a rotation so it CCs in order to reduce cast time. It's almost redundant to give it a slim 20% chance of instant Malevolent, while Dom ST dmg even within a g00d rotation is extremelly low and AoE is extremelly bursty, with a huge downtime. Mass Betrayal deserved a Legendary with extra dmg, higher uptime and lower CD - THIS is legendary.

"Gathering Storm - PLUS: a stack of electrified per second" wow.

Warlock ones seem interesting, yet with current scaling (after last time they touched it - first time they messed with it this xpac it was decent, why mess with again, why?1), It'll still be supbar to Harb/Pyro/Ele (and Defiler for instance) as It's haz been for over a year now.

And apparently they really don't like Necro. Been worthless this whole xpac ... with a few exception of niche fites.
    Why would I choose between "Plague Bolt has its casting time reduced by 16%" (expecially since Necro is an extremelly poor offsoul choice, with exception of Warlock - that we would substite Void Bolt for Plage Bolt and it's still debatable vs other 0 point options) vs. "Crystalline Missiles - PLUS: Is now instant".

Idk, they (maybe ... might) have some utility or fit somewhere, but it's so NOT legendary.

We can even compare to:
    "Vaporize - PLUS: Makes Vaporize instant"

or the famous: "Radical Coalescence - Resets the cooldown on all damaging Inquisitor abilities. Grants Fanaticism and 4 stacks of Life and Death Concord. Allows inquisitor channeled abilities to be cast while moving and tick twice as often for 10s
    Bolt of Retribution - Deals 27599 to 30504 Life damage. Has a 30% chance to reset the cooldown on your Inquisitor channels
    Perseverance - Grants immunity to the next fear. Lasts 60s. Resets the cooldown on all your Inquisitor Channeled abilities"

AKA: Why is Nysyr's 80% of his dmg?

Can we haz 4.0 Beta yet, so we can test and feedback? :3
    Last edited by hell0w33n; 10-16-2016 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Sorry for typos, t00 lazy to fix it
    is it for the memes?"

I might buy Trion

I'm still dreaming bout masteries re-work. Like ... Arcane Finesse ... really? really?!1
    this is a perfect example of why legendary powers are highly likely to be a huge letdown for alot of things and will likely never get fixed.

i've asked several times for arcane finesses to be looked at, its absolutely useless, not a single soul benefits from it. thats 1 mastery across all mage souls, now lets think of whats gonna happen when that number goes up exponentially.

perfect example right here
    Vengeful Shock - PLUS: Has a chance to cast another Vengeful Shock immediately

zero times zero is still zero.

others are just baffling

Biting Wind - PLUS: If cast while Arcane Ward is not active, applies a 30% snare to the target

so this can only be meant for pvp, but all the baddies i see speccing into arb always have arcane ward up in their 61 dps specs so it doesnt even benefit them.

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    perfect example right here
    Vengeful Shock - PLUS: Has a chance to cast another Vengeful Shock immediately
    How many points are necessary to unlock Vengeful Shock? On Harbinger, a paid soul ... now let's compare it to:

"Crushing Blow - deals [...] Increases the damage of the next cast time spell you cast by 40%.
    CB should also have increased range."
    lel '-'

Actually judging we use several procs from other souls such as litening strike and Hailstorm, maybe Vile Spores if u go chloro. Even "Bolt of Judgement" effect would be more useful in this situation (Bolt of Judgment. Passive. Non inquisitor abilities have a chance to fire a Bolt of Judgment at the target).

I know everything is subject to change but still, man D:
    This is still on concept phase, this is not even Beta ... the best we can call this is "Alpha".

Biting Wind - PLUS: If cast while Arcane Ward is not active, applies a 30% snare to the target
    This one is excellent, "BEHOLD, THE LEGENDARY ... SNAAAAAARE!!!1 (if you're not tankin that is) - like, 100% useless on pve (even on open world) and slightly bad for pvp. Was this meant for Arbdom or something?

Why not make a Legendary Frost Ward (or wtv) where it actually makes the soul more dps oriented, making it more optimal for hybrids where you can add Arbiter survivability and "utility", while keeping dmg up? Or just to be able to play Arbiter while on open world/chronicle wtv.

and will likely never get fixed..
    It's just the way it is ... =/
    4.0, don't let me down ...
    Last edited by hell0w33n; 10-16-2016 at 09:23 AM.
    is it for the memes?"

I might buy Trion

Rift Master

Mage is a solid class from a design perspective and I would hate if they neutered the classes foundation and roots just to make the legendaries more appealing to the players who think it "deserves" more. This is actually what happened to a few soul remakes in other calling and I have played with every class so far. I think less is best in this specific case.

I can see why some other classes legendaries seem a bit over the top but then I can understand why because they have a lesser design foundation. Trust me you wouldn't want them to take away just to add back or add something better later that is reverse engineered so not many people with good knowledge of their class can see clearly what they did. I am kind of glad that mage legendary are not overly tuned like some other classes. It just shows how well developed we are. In some cases overly-developed would even fit in nicely in that quote.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 10-17-2016 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    I would hate if they neutered the classes foundation and roots just to make the legendaries more appealing
    They don't have to gut th class to make it appealing, in fact, they don't have to make it appealing. They ain't selling "mage legendaries", it's natural character progression.

This is actually what happened to a few soul remakes in other calling
    No, this is not. This is not a "remake", this is the actual class.
    The comparision here is flame of life, which is an almost 98% mitigation (depending if the spread is calcuated after or before the actual mitigaiton) spell vs Living Aegis (a random ruin). - Or even worse, Eternal Preservation, which extends the "avoid death" effect, THAT DOESNT EVEN WORK PROPERLY!

I can see why some other classes legendaries seem a bit over the top but then I can understand why because they have a lesser design foundation.
    I'm sorry, I can't take you seriously,
    During SL the only competitive spec was Stormbinger (which was arguably one of the most complex specs out there) - until they reworked Pyro pre-NT. And on NT we got stuck with Stormlock for half expansion cuz none of our souls scaled properly to NT content.

Mages have always been Chloros and Chons.
    We are the class that most received buffs this expac purely cuz all our specs have been subpar when compared to ALL other callings.

what they did. I am kind of glad that mage legendary are not overly tuned like some other classes. It just shows how well developed we are.
    What they did? ... nothing, at least yet, thankfully ... i'm sorry, copy and paste 0 points legendaries, regen mana channel granting electrify stacks, PvP only legendaries, prolonging broken mechanix and a snare is indeed not overly tuned, it's exactly the inverse.
    It shows exactly the lack of development and imagination.

Even tho I do not blame them, it seems to be default condition, when they work on specific classes they forget the others. Happened when they created the primalist and when they HAD to fix mages. Yes, fix.

In some cases overly-developed would even fit in nicely in that quote.
    Because we have FK? The 500% dmg on Hailblast soul?
    Don't worry, it'll be nerfed on 4.0 and we can return to our status quo. Ofc, dues to the inability of balancing and developing a single soul. Overly-well-perfectly developed.
    is it for the memes?"

I might buy Trion

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Bloom - Instant, no GCD. No longer castable. Taking damage will cast Bloom on you for 5% of the damage taken to a cap of 5% of your Max Health
    Is this a typo? Healing for 5% of the damage taken?

Or is this just an utterly useless Legendary for all but a tank sub-souled into Chloro.

As a PvP healing Chloro, I am not enthused with my Legendary options. I have the choice between Instant HT (which I usually make instant via BoL anyway) or a DoT RS (wonder how it interacts with the veils).

Eh well, at least the instant HT is a good self-heal option when I get caught with my pants down. Now, if they could add a reduced CD on top of that. ;)

Plane Touched

Default And ...

Don't forget the nerf to ground zero - the mage equivalent to Divine Favor. Mage dual tank healing will be much less efficient, and likely push Frostkeepers to the single tank healing role, and Puris to the dual tank healing role, because Mages can't have nice things. Not a legendary power but relevant.

Look at Blight and Death Edict though. That is going to be insane for PvP. I think ChloroDom is going to make a strong comeback.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 10-18-2016 at 08:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast