+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Archon

Rift Chaser

Default Archon

So according to the most recent live stream where they covered legendary abilities they very subtlely noted that flaring power will be moved to the 61 point ability.

R.I.P harbchon you will be missed
    Last edited by makerofwidows; 10-14-2016 at 11:17 PM.

I hope they plan to give Archon a soft rework too. So much redundancy in the soul. It'll be even more noticeable at 61 points.

+
    Just finish the knife wound and just rework everything to 31 points and kill hybrids completely.

Ascendant

Not sure if you noticed as well, the Legendary Flaring Power is +10% damage, whereas standard Flaring Power is +15% SP/AP. I'm fairly certain the 15% SP/AP far outweighs the 10% damage, even if the Legendary is double the time.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Rift Chaser

Oh I noticed that, I liked the change the legendary patrons rage being able to move while channel is nice but I don't think the aura application was really necessary since those can be pre cast during ready check. With the flaring legendary I'm not sure at what point the 10% damage for 60s out weighs the 15% sp/ap for 30s if it ever does. By the looks of the legendaries it seems a lot of builds will use the damage increase from the low hanging fruit of offsouls. And did anyone notice the shared vigor legendary can proc off non archon abilities what does that even mean. My non archon abilities can apply it? Because shared vigor doesn't have a proc.

Also the legendary for 61 harb is purely RNG small chance to reset EA doesn't seem very legendary when you're in a drought but would seem it when you get 2-3 back to back. I think depending on how small the chance actually is something like ethereal blasts 3s back on cast times would be nice or however long the cast time is that's how much of the cd you get back.

61 pyro is probably going to have Harb off soul to grab charged blade legendary
    Last edited by makerofwidows; 10-15-2016 at 11:30 AM.

Ascendant

Yeah don't like the legendary for 61 Harb. I like being able to compare my performance with other mages and that's too much of a big RNG proc to make comparisons easy. Somewhat similar to Maelstrom procs in the way it effects your DPS with RNG.

I do not understand that Shared Vigor either...and when he explained it, he didn't seem to bat an eyelid meaning it was meant to say that.

I think Ele will shine even more now. Extra 40% DPS increase on all abilities for 20 seconds every 60 seconds? Prismatic Volley alone sounds bigger than any other. PLus you can keep our your cycles up so much easier now that Rushing Elements applies them all.

I tried to do some maths on Legendary Flaring vs. Normal using Deathscyth's damage calculator. Thought it was going alright until it says that in a raid, adding old Flaring Power (15% AP/SP, 10% uptime) only adds about 1k DPS. That just 'sounds' wrong, but I can't figure out where.

Anyway, I know the Normal Flaring very much depends on the SP Coefficient of the spells in your rotation.
    For example, 61 Harb's average weighted SP Coefficient is 0.73 whereas 61 Ele's average weighted SP Coefficient is 2.0

This means that Ele will get 3 times the benefit from Normal Flaring as Harb would.
    Last edited by Archyface; 10-15-2016 at 04:21 PM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Don't forget that normal flaring power is beneficial by everyone including healers. Legendary version is only a boost to dps. =*((
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    I tried to do some maths on Legendary Flaring vs. Normal using Deathscyth's damage calculator. Thought it was going alright until it says that in a raid, adding old Flaring Power (15% AP/SP, 10% uptime) only adds about 1k DPS. That just 'sounds' wrong, but I can't figure out where.
    It's not wrong. The impact of Flaring Power is far less than that of debuffs or Lava Field. 30 seconds every 5 minutes just isn't very much. For Paragon, in a 7 minute fight, two flaring powers is around 800 to 1000 DPS.

Does Deathscyth's spreadsheet evenly distributes the 15% SP, or does it lines it up with your rotation like the warrior BiS spreadsheet?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Does Deathscyth's spreadsheet evenly distributes the 15% SP, or does it lines it up with your rotation like the warrior BiS spreadsheet?
    There's figures for dummy DPS, raid buffed DPS, and burst DPS.
    Looking into it a bit more now, it doesn't even look like he adds Flaring into the mix for the burst damage. All other buffs debuffs are there though so I don't see why FP couldn't have been added there. Admittedly I still don't have my head around it.

Which means it's spread evenly.
    Last edited by Archyface; 10-15-2016 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    I hope they plan to give Archon a soft rework too. So much redundancy in the soul. It'll be even more noticeable at 61 points.

+
    Just finish the knife wound and just rework everything to 31 points and kill hybrids completely.
    i don't mind harbchon but 58archon is a pain in the *** to play in it's current state with all of the hard casting and rng garbage, the spec could definitely use a solid rework to give it some consistency, more mobility, and less standstill hard casting.

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    Oh I noticed that, I liked the change the legendary patrons rage being able to move while channel is nice but I don't think the aura application was really necessary since those can be pre cast during ready check. y
    i can see it being useful if you die during an encounter, but i'm not even sure patron's rage is dps neutral for archon, so i guess while the mobility is nice, it still looks to me like patron's rage will only be used when you need mobility or need to refresh auras.
    Last edited by ecru; 10-15-2016 at 07:28 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

whats legendary point to point?

on a serious note movement on patrons rage sounds pretty meh havent played high archon in a while but it used to be a dps loss do do the full cast of patrons rage so believe so u only took the first tick.

maybe it should allow movement on other casts for a short time as well.

Rift Chaser

its just one more viable hybrid taken out of the game with the move of FP a 61 point ability. the warriors that complained that harbchon was too strong had their prayers answered.aside from killing a spec completely they are making changes to not lock a raid into taking a certain role so we saw defiler changes, shielding changes and damage calculation changes so why do they now force raids to take this 61 point mage spec when command to attack is only a 15 point investment. i think they're just trading chon hybrid for a bm hybrid, if the fight is melee friendly go bm if not get a 61 chon.
    Last edited by makerofwidows; 10-15-2016 at 10:16 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    its just one more viable hybrid taken out of the game with the move of FP a 61 point ability. the warriors that complained that harbchon was too strong had their prayers answered.aside from killing a spec completely they are making changes to not lock a raid into taking a certain role so we saw defiler changes, shielding changes and damage calculation changes so why do they now force raids to take this 61 point mage spec when command to attack is only a 15 point investment. i think they're just trading chon hybrid for a bm hybrid, if the fight is melee friendly go bm if not get a 61 chon.
    No, they are going to implement the changes they originally wanted to a couple of patches ago. Enrage will be moved to 61 points as well, and raid cool downs will probably only be used once per fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Rift Disciple

I guess it depends on where the 10% damage is applied in the calculation. If it's on base damage, then AP/SP should be better. Anywhere else would require testing to verify and might vary dependent on class/spec and AP/SP coefficients.
    Mage Class Lead | RoF: 4/4 MS: 5/5
    I hate Clerics, Rogues(especially Hoss), and people whose names end in z (That means you Zeez!)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Aayden View Post
    No, they are going to implement the changes they originally wanted to a couple of patches ago. Enrage will be moved to 61 points as well, and raid cool downs will probably only be used once per fight.
    Enrage is not command to attack so I'm not sure what you're getting at. It's still a 61 point flaring for one of the specs and a 15 for the other if command to attack is still 15 points.

After playing around with my spreadsheet, the current version flaring seems to be around a 0.8% DPS gain with two uses over eight minutes (~1k in T2 gear) in Paragon.

In contrast, 10% damage with the same uptime and timing as flaring is a 0.89% gain.

Paragon actually has perhaps the highest AP scaling of any warrior spec, and I think it's safe to say that 10% damage is probably a little stronger than 15% AP/SP in most specs.

Legendary Flaring Power, with a 60 second duration, will probably be around twice as strong as current Flaring Power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast