+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Archyface

Thread: How to expand on one-button elementalist build?

Rift Disciple

Default How to expand on one-button elementalist build?

I'm using McChaffee's one-button elementalist build. Although I've expanded a bit on it to control Volcanic Eruption, Ignite and Raging Elements. http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...hailstorm.html

Having leveled up as a pyro, I don't have intuitive sense of cast priorities that you gain learning one ability at a time. Can you give me some advice as to which abilities I should be looking at to control more individually? Intensify Elements, as an example, appears to be an ability best used in a particular sequence of heavy hitting casts.

Rift Chaser

i have't read much into the skill tree because i'm personally boycotting ele and fk until developers start rewarding difficult specs instead of easy to play 1-3 button ones, but thats a personal choice for me since i do not find 1111112111112 rotations enjoyable to play.

that being said for skill priorities some things to look out for in weighing one vs another are stat modifiers/extra effects/ dots/and cast times.

read through and look for hard hitting abilities, youll want to use those after stat or damage boosts. if theres something with a dot effect you generally dont want to clip it but keep the dot up as close to 100% of the fight as possible. if a spell has a grossly long cast time theres usually something in the tree that you can cast to reward you with a proc for instant or reduced cast time so hold onto those heavy hitters until a proc.

im sorry if this is kind of vague its mostly general rules when trying to figure out a max dps rotation. sit at the dummy with skills unmacrod and work your way through a comfortable fluent rotation

Ascendant

If you want to expand on the 1 button Ele, you should first move to 61 Ele as it's about 4-5% better at single target than 58 Ele in a raid environment. On the dummy they're the same. This is mostly to do with Prismatic Volley getting a huge boost from raid cooldowns.

Much of what I'm going to say applies to both though.

You want to separate the following
    Intensify Elements / Rushing Elements
    Prismatic Volley
    Volcanic Eruption
    Elemental Burst
    Stormbolt

I've also separated Icy Carapace and Lightning Strike just so I can use them when I want. But they're also still in the main spam macro.

Also if you're not already, put Storm's fury in your macro just above Crystalline Missiles. It's a DPS gain over CM 90% of the time

I always use Intensify Elements and Rushing Elements together (in their own macro, even though getting 2 off GCD skills inbetween a GCD doesn't really work for us Aussies ). And I try to use all the air abilities while it's up. (in order: Stormbolt, Icy Carapace, Storm's Fury, Lightning Strike). Crystalline missiles doesn't really benefit much from Intensify Elements as its main damage is Physical. These two should be saved for raid cooldowns.

Elemental Burst is usually used just after Intensify Elements.Then you do your air abilities, until there's 6 stacks of all cycle buffs up. You need to do your prismatic Volley at this time as it will benefit greatly from all 4 cycles and the 10% + 10% damage from each.

Volcanic Eruption is used when you don't have the fire cycle buff up.
    Or it can be used if you still have the fire cycle buff up, but you know Elemental Burst will be up in like 5-10 seconds. Remember that the first 5 seconds of a cycle being up are an additional 10% damage for that element.

Stormbolt you want to hold a little at certain times if you can. If you see hailstorm or lightning strike coming up soon (1-2 seconds) then I'd hold off on Stormbolt. But this is only if you have something else to do that's not a hardcasted Crystalline Missiles (e.g. Storm's Fury, Icy Carapace, Insta cast CM)

Having said this, I still have Elemental Burst in my main macro as I'm still learning to manage all the other stuff properly first.

I also haven't thought about managing Raging Elements. I mostly see a 92-95% uptime just having it in the macro, but I suppose this could be improved too

Edit: Oh and make sure you're using the Eldritch Crystal. None of the guides actually mention it (other than perhaps a screenshot). I accidentally had my Anni crystal equipped using the Roles macro... It was about a 2-3% loss.
    Last edited by Archyface; 10-03-2016 at 07:33 PM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    If you want to expand on the 1 button Ele, you should first move to 61 Ele as it's about 4-5% better at single target than 58 Ele in a raid environment. On the dummy they're the same. This is mostly to do with Prismatic Volley getting a huge boost from raid cooldowns.

Much of what I'm going to say applies to both though.

You want to separate the following
    Intensify Elements / Rushing Elements
    Prismatic Volley
    Volcanic Eruption
    Elemental Burst
    Stormbolt

I've also separated Icy Carapace and Lightning Strike just so I can use them when I want. But they're also still in the main spam macro.

Also if you're not already, put Storm's fury in your macro just above Crystalline Missiles. It's a DPS gain over CM 90% of the time

I always use Intensify Elements and Rushing Elements together (in their own macro, even though getting 2 off GCD skills inbetween a GCD doesn't really work for us Aussies ). And I try to use all the air abilities while it's up. (in order: Stormbolt, Icy Carapace, Storm's Fury, Lightning Strike). Crystalline missiles doesn't really benefit much from Intensify Elements as its main damage is Physical. These two should be saved for raid cooldowns.

Elemental Burst is usually used just after Intensify Elements.Then you do your air abilities, until there's 6 stacks of all cycle buffs up. You need to do your prismatic Volley at this time as it will benefit greatly from all 4 cycles and the 10% + 10% damage from each.

Volcanic Eruption is used when you don't have the fire cycle buff up.
    Or it can be used if you still have the fire cycle buff up, but you know Elemental Burst will be up in like 5-10 seconds. Remember that the first 5 seconds of a cycle being up are an additional 10% damage for that element.

Stormbolt you want to hold a little at certain times if you can. If you see hailstorm or lightning strike coming up soon (1-2 seconds) then I'd hold off on Stormbolt. But this is only if you have something else to do that's not a hardcasted Crystalline Missiles (e.g. Storm's Fury, Icy Carapace, Insta cast CM)

Having said this, I still have Elemental Burst in my main macro as I'm still learning to manage all the other stuff properly first.

I also haven't thought about managing Raging Elements. I mostly see a 92-95% uptime just having it in the macro, but I suppose this could be improved too

Edit: Oh and make sure you're using the Eldritch Crystal. None of the guides actually mention it (other than perhaps a screenshot). I accidentally had my Anni crystal equipped using the Roles macro... It was about a 2-3% loss.
    Exactly what I was hoping for as a response ... Thanks very much!!!

Hmmm...

I have 58 ele parsing about 12% higher than any 61 variant I've tried.

But I don't think my 58 spec or macros are the same as any of the guides in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    Hmmm...

But I don't think my 58 spec or macros are the same as any of the guides in the first place.
    Is this in a raid or dummies?
    Are you using the same crystal and gear for both?

My 58 Ele used to outparse my 61 for quite a while until I got better. And 61 Ele really should parse better in a raid, particularly with flaring power.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    Hmmm...

Would you mind posting your build and macros so we can play with them to try out?

+ Reply to Thread