+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Chon and BM need to become a 61 or bust spec.

Default Chon and BM need to become a 61 or bust spec.

They are too good as hybrids. Way out of line. Especially chon hybrids.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 08-12-2016 at 04:04 AM.

Why?

So. Assuming you're being serious - Just because bard and oracle don't get the same dps? You can still only have one chon in a raid. Don't see how it's breaking anything. If at all BM should be buffed to a chon hybrid level of dps for better interchangeability.

At the moment Harb and Archon are successful examples hybridizing in Rfit:
    61 Harb :: 40/36 Harbchon :: 58 Archon
    Where you can play the full/almost full soul or hybrid them together for nice results.

I guess I don't see how they are "too good". There's nothing to really compare them to. Comparing Archon to Bard is pointless because you still need both so what makes them too good?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

What is the point of having a multi soul system if all the best specs are 61? I am a bit tired of the 61 spec standard. We need more synergy between souls, not less.

Drop Orchestra and DtF to 30-40 points

Enjoy Shamacle and Nightbard
    Kalygos - Kallyh
    Virus@Deepwood
    "Most cleaved rogue WW - Thanks, Wayyne"

Plane Touched

Default Sigh

I'm beyond tired of the my spec doesn't do as well as your spec, so yours needs to be nerfed meta.

It's not a productive conversation. If you feel Oracle needs a dps buff, then go on the Cleric forums or message the Devs and advocate your case. Pushing another class into mandatory 61 specs and no hybrids doesn't solve your problem, it just sucks the fun and utility out of another class and spec.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    They are too good as hybrids. Way out of line. Especially chon hybrids.
    Rift was built on Hybrids when it first launched. It's what made Rift fun. Build it the way you like to play.

Sadly Trion decided to force 61 points.

I understand why. It's just a cop out. Or easier to do.

Chon is one of the last working hybrids. It will be a sad day when they force 61 points there too.

And why should you care if they can? Why does it hurt you? All it does is help raids by giving Chon more ways to play which helps a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    Rift was built on Hybrids when it first launched. It's what made Rift fun. Build it the way you like to play..

i odn't think players like hybrids that much , they like OP specs and hybrids delivered a lot since it was impossible for trion to QA all potential hybrid specs and balance the game around them.

Plane Touched

Default Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    i odn't think players like hybrids that much , they like OP specs and hybrids delivered a lot since it was impossible for trion to QA all potential hybrid specs and balance the game around them.
    Based on that premise any spec that is superior/does better than another is "OP" should be nerfed. The logical extension is for all dps spec to have equal dps, utility, etc. The same for tanks and healers. So we'll all be playing more or less the same class. Maybe do away with the class system completely?

Once again if you consider you class's support spec to be lacking, then come up with concepts and abilities and advocate for them. Post in the class forums, make your case. The meta of nerf the other class because mine isn't what I want it to be is a poor substitute for improving your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    Rift was built on Hybrids when it first launched. It's what made Rift fun. Build it the way you like to play.

Sadly Trion decided to force 61 points.

I understand why. It's just a cop out. Or easier to do.

Chon is one of the last working hybrids. It will be a sad day when they force 61 points there too.

And why should you care if they can? Why does it hurt you? All it does is help raids by giving Chon more ways to play which helps a raid.
    Harb/chon should not exist. It is reason why BM doesn't get used much and also its a stupid spec because if you use it you lose the cast time reduction which makes the new specs that Trion introduced lose dps. It is also one of the best parsing supports while also reducing the total damage done of other classes. Something like 5% less damge done over time for some souls. The more people are forced into using cast time spec for instance it actually become a raid wide deficit to your team and reduce total raid dps.

That is really the reason that spec needs to go away. It makes BM option less desirable and it makes other specs worse just so you can have a glorified high dps support spec. Mage is overrepresented in this game because of this hybrid. Mage have had the most successful hybrids in all of rift along with rogue. It is not about killing all of them. It is just about getting rid of the ones that make other options less desirable. BM should be used in some fights and Chon in other fights not a superior dominance over BM like it is now. When 10 man is released.. what we will have is too much options available for mages making them overused and most wanted. Other class like warrior also gets dumb down because they then are not used much and warriors can slack off from learning to play a proper raid support spec.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 09-12-2016 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    What is the point of having a multi soul system if all the best specs are 61? I am a bit tired of the 61 spec standard. We need more synergy between souls, not less.
    Hybrids have been a cancer to rift ever since launch. See cleric hybrids, see mage hybrids, see warrior hybrids, see rogue hybrids.

Literally every problem with soul balance has boiled down to one issue : Hybrids.

Deny it all you want, but hybrids have pretty much ruined rift in terms of soul balance. Every single time there is a balance issue, it is because of a hybrid spec the devs couldn't account for.

The best specs should be 61 point specs.

But rift all about hybrid more or less intended, even when it is a weird gameplay often clunky it is the best part of rift, you can compare this feeling with speedrunner finding a glitch who make them skip a part of the map and do a new record, but if you can't understand that you should play another game.
    T1 clear -- T2 clear -- MoM clear

Quote Originally Posted by xosomething View Post
    But rift all about hybrid more or less intended, even when it is a weird gameplay often clunky it is the best part of rift, you can compare this feeling with speedrunner finding a glitch who make them skip a part of the map and do a new record, but if you can't understand that you should play another game.
    lolwhat. I understand perfectly fine that your idea of fun is exploiting a game. I'm sorry you can't understand how toxic that is to the state of the game if left unchecked, but hey I'm sure you're one of those people who tries to find that dps/heal/tank build that can solo everything and everyone.

I suggest you play another game, specifically Skyrim.

Tell me one hybrid build that has had a positive effect on game balance.

Hint : There aren't any.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    lolwhat. I understand perfectly fine that your idea of fun is exploiting a game. I'm sorry you can't understand how toxic that is to the state of the game if left unchecked, but hey I'm sure you're one of those people who tries to find that dps/heal/tank build that can solo everything and everyone.

I suggest you play another game, specifically Skyrim.

Tell me one 61 build that has had a positive effect on game balance.

The game balance is only a dev work, if they want it they do it, and balancing spec is not a good thing for them, look every time they rework a soul or create a soul the 61 is not balanced sometimes crap sometimes (often) overpowered (hello primalist).

I'm one of these who try everything the dev give to us, so yeah i play the more spec i can for the most different situation i face off. And also one of those who give feed back about what i find about specs. But yeah blame me, sure.

And look at puri it is unbalancing all the heal meta and it is a 61 here since many years so yeah balancing game is all about dev decision not 61 or hybrid.
    T1 clear -- T2 clear -- MoM clear

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post

Um, phystact says hello? You know, the hybrid that allows rogues to actually raid heal that is by no means overpowered at all? It's actually pretty annoying/awkward to play compared to other raid heals IMO, but it definitely has had a positive effect on game balance.

I don't know why you're so against hybrids though, if they eliminate them the game would be one step closer to going down the path WoW has, which is virtually 0 customization within your class.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast