+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Harbinger PTS buff

Telaran

Default Harbinger PTS buff

As being announced on stream, Harbinger got it's buff to Rending Slash to bring it on par with the rest of the high ST DPS souls (especially Shaman/Runeshaper/Maelstrom/Shadeborn, ...).

Rending Slash: *now +13% damage increase from +10% (15s duration)

So I tested a bit in foundry..

Gear: #click here

61Harb/13SC/2Ele (~126,5k): #click here -> 130k+ with T3 Trinket should be doable.
    58Ele/16SC/2Harb (~123,5k): #click here -> depends on crits, Guildie got 128k+ with better gear and 61 Ele, no Idea whats actually better.

I ****ed up things in both parses due to PTS lag or stupidity (like clipping Volcanic Eruption/ delaying stuff in Harb unintentionally).

What are your numbers?
    Do you think harb needs additional love (aka. buffs)?
    Last edited by Nazuki; 07-21-2016 at 05:35 AM.

So whens hailstorm getting moved

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    So whens hailstorm getting moved
    Since it seems every DPS spec a Mage has grabs it. It should be moved WAY up the tree. Being as overpowered as it is even on 1 target.

Reminds me of back in the day every build went up Pryo to grab the reduce GC skill. The name escapes me right now.

1 talent or skill in any off tree shouldn't be so over powering every build HAS to take it.

Putting stuff high in the tree pigeonholes into 61 point builds.

Putting stuff maybe T4-T5 might encourage hybridization.

*shrug* Depends on if you want to appear competent and use a tested build or just charge in with whatever and go for carries.

I'd prefer more hybrids but then again meh, buff harb.
    World First, World Best.

Came back for the mage shields. Only took 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    Since it seems every DPS spec a Mage has grabs it. It should be moved WAY up the tree. Being as overpowered as it is even on 1 target.

Reminds me of back in the day every build went up Pryo to grab the reduce GC skill. The name escapes me right now.

1 talent or skill in any off tree shouldn't be so over powering every build HAS to take it.
    burning rage?

It was suggested many times to swap hailstorm and lightning storm in the tree, but let's keep the HS cancer going!
    Kalygos - Kallyh
    Virus@Deepwood
    "Most cleaved rogue WW - Thanks, Wayyne"

Quote Originally Posted by Pokkah View Post
    It was suggested many times to swap hailstorm and lightning storm in the tree, but let's keep the HS cancer going!
    hailstorm is one thing i'd like to see moved up the tree, and harb dps balanced around not having a gtae ability on a stationary target. this doesn't just have implications on fights where bosses are mobile, but in pvp too, where stationary targets are rare and hailstorm is almost completely useless. harb already has great cleave without hailstorm anyway.

i would also like to see rending slash be made uncleansable if it is going to be the way that harb dps gets bumped up to competitive levels. no other melee soul relies on a debuff which does very little damage and requires melee range (phantom blades aside) plus a gcd to apply. at 8% it wasn't that big of a deal, at 10% it's starting to become a problem, and at 13-15% or however high it may go rending slash being cleansed off in pvp is going to become a huge pain in the *** to deal with.

tl;dr:
    -get rid of hailstorm
    -make rending slash uncleansable
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Personally I would like to see something done to Vengeful Shock and Reaper's Blade in addition to Hailstorm being moved up.

Vengeful Shock serves not much purpose right now unless proc which rarely happens. This is probably more for low level questing or warfronts, but with so many people already reaching end-game, it doesn't see much use.

As for Reaper's Blade, the only (valuable) addition to it compared to other blade buffs is that it heals you for a small amount and also the 15 seconds 10% damage boost. However, right now it only procs if you kill an enemy which would be useful in open world/dungeons, but in raids/warfronts it does not seem to make a big difference unless you kill something which doesn't happen for most of the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyy View Post
    burning rage?
    Spark is/was the gcd reduction. Burning Fury was the crit buff (every time you fail to critically hit you gain a stacking buff that increases your critical hit chance.)
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

as long as harb is getting looked at, can tempest winds be made not interruptable

no other melee gets a channel part of their burst that can be interrupted, stunned sure, but int or pull c'mon now.

my wishlist would be for a channel to be removed all together from a melee soul and for my toon not to tell everyone im doing more damage now, god i hate emp ascension transformation so much. but i'll settle for no int in wfs.

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    god i hate emp ascension transformation so much
    same

would be nice if harb had a toggle to not transform with EA.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Immune to all CC during EA? ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Now their only choice is to run
    Last edited by notawaifu; 07-24-2016 at 01:35 AM. Reason: kek

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Brown View Post
    Putting stuff high in the tree pigeonholes into 61 point builds.

Putting stuff maybe T4-T5 might encourage hybridization.

*shrug* Depends on if you want to appear competent and use a tested build or just charge in with whatever and go for carries.

I'd prefer more hybrids but then again meh, buff harb.
    It does force 61 only if you place the talents that make a spec go at 61.

But a AoE damage skill shouldn't be any good what so ever on a single Mob. If it is then it needs to be changed.

AoE talents and skills damage should go up the more targets it hits up to the Mob hit limit.

They shouldn't be the be all end all for a single target. If it is change it or move it so every single build doesn't grab it with just a few skill points.

If the skill make the whole spec go. Then the spec is broken and needs to be looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowYellow View Post
    Personally I would like to see something done to Vengeful Shock and Reaper's Blade in addition to Hailstorm being moved up.
    In my opinion, it was a design oversight not to include a cast-time ability in Harbinger to take advantage of Eldritch Gift. Vengeful Shock could be reworked to fill that.

And if it were a hard hitting cleave with a DoT attached, we wouldn't miss Hailstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmani View Post
    In my opinion, it was a design oversight not to include a cast-time ability in Harbinger to take advantage of Eldritch Gift. Vengeful Shock could be reworked to fill that.

And if it were a hard hitting cleave with a DoT attached, we wouldn't miss Hailstorm.
    If they made this change to Vengeful Shock, it would be awesome since it's not seeing any use in any macros.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast