+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Harski

Thread: Necromancer question

Telaran

Default Necromancer question

Didn't play Necromancer long time. Now I found three unpleasant features.

1. Only Shadow Revenant give death calling constantly. Skeletal Zealot give it only one time.
    2. Putrify ability not work. If I use it, it not give me 5 death calling.
    3. When I order my Revenant attack a dummy, he never use scourge bolt.

Do I something wrong, is this a bug or feature? I use my old Necro build 61Necro/12Warlock/3Pyro.
    Last edited by besss; 07-20-2016 at 12:16 AM. Reason: spelling

LAst time I played necro was subpar, but here's what I used: 61 necro 5 pyro 10 ele. it pulled round 59k (pyro was doing 64k with harb holding steady 72k+) but that was almost 5months ago if not more. they might have made changes by now. i was debating about re installing rift, but idk. it seemed to be a hard time for non patrons.
    Back to your initial question tho: necro was great to solo if you don't have harb but to run any form of dps...it's meh ae(SC far better) and Pyro for ST. Tho Harb is still the best for ST and solo play as far as I know. Guys who still play, correct me if I'm wrong, I also never got the newest set of souls so IDK bout them either. if you would like my actual breakdown I would have to use a soul calculator for ya but I think I can still do that if you need.
    GL and hope this helped!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by besss View Post
    Do I something wrong, is this a bug or feature? I use my old Necro build 61Necro/12Warlock/3Pyro.
    well i would say that problem is that you are playing necromancer

Telaran

So only I have a problem with Scourge bolt, Putrify and Death calling?

For the pet not casting scourge bolt, check if you have it set to autocast. On the pet bar, is it glowing? If it's not, then click the ability on the pet bar and it'll have a glowy border around it and the pet should autocast it when it attacks.

Not sure on putrify or the deathly calling stacks, I haven't seen them not working properly , although I only play necro very very rarely now.
    ** Saityr - 65 Mage - Immortal Tyrants on Gelidra **

Telaran

Autocast is on, pet can cast it if I do "petcast" macros. But he don't want to cast it independently, that is a problem.

I have heard reports of pets doing weird things like you report. I haven't been able to reproduce this or bug test it with anyone. For now I recommend getting some mobs to kill your pet, and resummoning in order to fix it.

Fwiw i raid with necro...various specs scale really weird with gear. I use 61 necro 8 chloro 7 sc and prioritize grave rot for cleave....as I use it as a cleave only spec. There are nice other variations for single target. It is a fully mobile spec except for corpse talon and possession... so it is great to run while learning a raid without losing dps from excessive movement.

A couple specific fights are amazing for corpse explosion, and corpse explosion up time makes full necro specs really shine.
    Last edited by Maril; 07-25-2016 at 02:28 PM.

I play a Necro alt a bit now and then and I haven't noticed any of these problems. I use the Zealot most of the time, and Putrify works without issues. I often apply it first and then set Zealot to attack, causing him to charge and apply 5 stacks instantly for Condemn use.
    Sanzor@Zaviel
    Guild - The Pack

just for clarity

putrify makes the next pet attack that would apply deathly calling to apply 5 stacks

so it doesnt just give stacks, the pet has to also be attacking the mob that you are watching. It could very well be applying it to another mob.

+ Reply to Thread