+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By slim3791
  • 2 Post By Slipmat

Thread: new to rift ....

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    7

    Default new to rift ....

    Hey guys I'm new to rift just started recently playing cause I got tired of wow.
    I been looking around and cant seem to find anything I really enjoy as far as mage dps builds..
    I see a lot of harp but cant use so some idea mage dps would be greatly appreciated for a new rift player lol

  2. #2
    RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,362

    Default

    Welcome to the Asylum

    You'll find the class structure in Rift is a lot more 'diverse' and different to WoW, in WoW your Mage is either Frost, Fire or Arcane speced, that's it.

    However in Rift a 'Mage' can tank, heal, DPS or support and it consists of different 'classes' like Warlock, Necromancer, Chloromancer and so on, for DPS right now, Elementalist got a nice overhaul, Warlocks are in a good spot also, Pyromancers are the 'stable' build while if you've bought the various soul packs Harbinger is also very powerful (melee Mage type soul)

    If you don't have the soul packs you still have access to 8 free souls out of 11 so don't worry, take a look at the various guides here and have fun:

    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...s/mage-guides/

  3. #3
    Fia
    Fia is offline
    Champion of Telara Fia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slim3791 View Post
    Hey guys I'm new to rift just started recently playing cause I got tired of wow.
    I been looking around and cant seem to find anything I really enjoy as far as mage dps builds..
    I see a lot of harp but cant use so some idea mage dps would be greatly appreciated for a new rift player lol
    Welcome! \ (: /

    If you need a little overview of Rift (e.g. Souls, Raids, some how-to-stuff, etc.), be sure to check out http://riftntraids.com. :)
    Last edited by Fia; 07-18-2016 at 12:04 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

    Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv


  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Welcome to the Asylum

    You'll find the class structure in Rift is a lot more 'diverse' and different to WoW, in WoW your Mage is either Frost, Fire or Arcane speced, that's it.

    However in Rift a 'Mage' can tank, heal, DPS or support and it consists of different 'classes' like Warlock, Necromancer, Chloromancer and so on, for DPS right now, Elementalist got a nice overhaul, Warlocks are in a good spot also, Pyromancers are the 'stable' build while if you've bought the various soul packs Harbinger is also very powerful (melee Mage type soul)

    If you don't have the soul packs you still have access to 8 free souls out of 11 so don't worry, take a look at the various guides here and have fun:

    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...s/mage-guides/



    yes its absolutely different lol . Wow is alot easier to make OP builds and succeed in your choice of build. An that's the main reason I quit and started rift cause it was more challenging in a way. Wow got boring cause my guild and i would run through dungeons and pvp so easy it was a shame.. But between having a kid , working and doing skate comps i don't have so much time to constantly experiment and find something to my liking . Right now i found one that looks decent its 61 pyromancer 12 stormcaller and 3 elementalist. i actually just started I'm only lvl24 cause i didn't wanna be a mage dps like always but my rogue got boring .. So now that i wrote a novel any ideas would be greatly appreciated to the max lol

  5. #5
    Plane Touched Illuyanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slim3791 View Post
    yes its absolutely different lol . Wow is alot easier to make OP builds and succeed in your choice of build. An that's the main reason I quit and started rift cause it was more challenging in a way. Wow got boring cause my guild and i would run through dungeons and pvp so easy it was a shame.. But between having a kid , working and doing skate comps i don't have so much time to constantly experiment and find something to my liking . Right now i found one that looks decent its 61 pyromancer 12 stormcaller and 3 elementalist. i actually just started I'm only lvl24 cause i didn't wanna be a mage dps like always but my rogue got boring .. So now that i wrote a novel any ideas would be greatly appreciated to the max lol
    Leveling in rift is really good to get to know your souls, but max level gameplay (or even since lvl 60) changes a lot. I'd recommend you to level as elementalist, warlock or necromancer. the slow casting fireball at low level is really not the best.

    Check the great leveling guide made by Burninalways: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ge-dealer.html

    Also, keep in mind that you can have a lot of "roles" or "specs". For example, on my mage I use Arbiter, Frostkeeper, Warlock, Harbinger, Archon, Pyromancer, Chloromancer, Necromancer, Elementalist, Stormcaller, and hybrids like Harbchon, Stormchon, Arbinator, etc.
    So, my suggestion is to level with one of the specs I mentioned above, and at level 60 you can focus on learning a proper rotation.
    By the way, Instant adventures and dungeons (specially charmer's caldera and exodus of the storm queen) are the quickest way to level 60.
    Last edited by Illuyanka; 07-18-2016 at 09:12 PM.
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric
    Antaikolon@Greybriar-Warrior
    CODE FOR FREE STUFF FOR NEWBIES: PRR9NF2PG2NXQ77KDDJQ

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Illuyanka View Post
    Leveling in rift is really good to get to know your souls, but max level gameplay (or even since lvl 60) changes a lot. I'd recommend you to level as elementalist, warlock or necromancer. the slow casting fireball at low level is really not the best.

    Check the great leveling guide made by Burninalways: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ge-dealer.html

    Also, keep in mind that you can have a lot of "roles" or "specs". For example, on my mage I use Arbiter, Frostkeeper, Warlock, Harbinger, Archon, Pyromancer, Chloromancer, Necromancer, Elementalist, Stormcaller, and hybrids like Harbchon, Stormchon, Arbinator, etc.
    So, my suggestion is to level with one of the specs I mentioned above, and at level 60 you can focus on learning a proper rotation.
    By the way, Instant adventures and dungeons (specially charmer's caldera and exodus of the storm queen) are the quickest way to level 60.


    well thank you everyone whos actually talking on this post and helping lol. I have not been able to actually play a lot between my hectic job and having my daughter but she is asleep and I'm off so game on lol.. But I ended up working on a little build like last week when I made this post and its attached to this.. I mean I'm still low but when used proper its dishing out decent damage and keeping me max health while power hitting.. As far as the build you were talking about with harbinger. I was trying to actually max a character or get my level up enough where I could do big dungeons raids pvp all that to see how I fully liked the game before paying into it. Like I said before I used to be heavy into wow but it got to easy and boring cause my guild and my self had awesome team play and helped eachother a lot I wanted something different meet new people and see where it goes. I mean I like it so far I love games like this even on ps4 I played a realm reborn a lot and Elder scrolls online. But after consideration I'm thinking about buying the Storm Legion DLC so I can try a build with harbinger and see what the big talk is all about.. But honestly is this game good enough when u get higher up to do the DLC's and the whole become a patron? out looks on that and how my build looks so far would be appreciated still low and need to grind but I will be doing that tonight. once again thanks for help hope to hear more.. And if anyone wants to chat on rift group up or whatever add me and just send message saying from here or whatever so I know and we can stir up some grinding lol ..Oh and lvl cap is 60 really it? that's the only reason I liked wow is its never ending new expansions level up gears raids everything so whats deal on rift with that... long post over lol thanks hope to hear more and hopefully group up.....KINGKLEPTOMANIAC...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new to rift ....-2016-07-22_214223.jpg  

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    7

    Default

    oh and KLEPTOMANIAC for my rogue character .. Gonna try up close and person instead of always being mage dps archer so on so forth.. so yea talk to who ever adds me soon if not hope to atleast get more info on here..

  8. #8
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Hey, so I see you're on NA (can see Seastone in the screenshot). What shard are you on? I'll add you and next time you're on, I can help you with your rogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  9. #9
    RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slim3791 View Post
    after consideration I'm thinking about buying the Storm Legion DLC so I can try a build with harbinger and see what the big talk is all about
    I'd give the Storm Legion DLC a miss and go straight for this bad boy, the Rift Essentials Pack, has the souls from Storm Legion, plus the Nightmare Tide DLC and you get a new calling, Primalist, as well as unlocking earring slots and other goodies, it's on the store for next 4 days or so at $50.


    http://i.imgur.com/26dQN2y.jpg

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Hey, so I see you're on NA (can see Seastone in the screenshot). What shard are you on? I'll add you and next time you're on, I can help you with your rogue.
    I'm in deepwood add me

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I'd give the Storm Legion DLC a miss and go straight for this bad boy, the Rift Essentials Pack, has the souls from Storm Legion, plus the Nightmare Tide DLC and you get a new calling, Primalist, as well as unlocking earring slots and other goodies, it's on the store for next 4 days or so at $50.


    http://i.imgur.com/26dQN2y.jpg
    I'm thinking about giving it a go to be honest. I was gonna try and level cap with out dlc to see what I thought but might just live on the wild side eff it.. plus I really wanna see why everyone thinks the harb mage is so good Thank you for the pic and info tho

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts