+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Dominator changes

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Bannj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    362

    Default Dominator changes

    No more mana drains. RIP dominator?
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bannj View Post
    No more mana drains. RIP dominator?
    Devs have said they want to rework dom. They also said it's not nice having one class be the "fun police". Every spec has had their mana drains removed; this was just the first step in reworking dominator (which is still a PITA in pvp).
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aayden View Post
    Devs have said they want to rework dom. They also said it's not nice having one class be the "fun police". Every spec has had their mana drains removed; this was just the first step in reworking dominator (which is still a PITA in pvp).
    What would have been "nice" is for them to actually rework the soul before they put the changes in. If they didn't have the time to do the soul work, they should have just left it alone.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Shinkirou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    For the time being, how the hell are we going to do bosses with mana drain mechanics?

    EDIT: Never mind, combed through the patch notes and found they've changed those mechanics to be inturruptable or not scale off mana ect.
    Last edited by Shinkirou; 07-13-2016 at 04:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

  5. #5
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Seems like another case of rushing a change through and leaving a spec in total limbo. There will be no counter to healers. CC and debuffs will not cut it.. They will find out too late when they mess it up big time. Rework..change it into AOE..another useless spec with nothing unique. Domi was unique..RIP. Fun police..big joke..they are dumbing down big time.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Someone asked on another thread but received no response so will try here. WHY is Mana Drain being removed?

  7. #7
    Ascendant Shinkirou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wylf View Post
    Someone asked on another thread but received no response so will try here. WHY is Mana Drain being removed?
    I'd assume they're working on some changes that are more in the core of the soul system, and quite likely getting rid of mana/resource drain in general. Needing a token Dom hybrid for specific fights was rather a pain to begin with, so this may be a good thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    Seems like another case of rushing a change through and leaving a spec in total limbo. There will be no counter to healers. CC and debuffs will not cut it.. They will find out too late when they mess it up big time. Rework..change it into AOE..another useless spec with nothing unique. Domi was unique..RIP. Fun police..big joke..they are dumbing down big time.
    That can handled with pvp balancing, resource draining wasn't essential in pvp, it mostly just weeded out the bluebars who didn't know how to actually heal in PvP, and overly shut down rogues and warriors to the point they were basically removed from the match entirely.

    And unless unique means "had mana wrench" removing mana drain doesn't change much regarding dom, and I'd rather seem dom turned into something other than a mana wrench bot in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

  8. #8
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    512

    Default

    I take it you have played it since the change..it is not simply mana wrench but transference mass betrayal and traitorous influence. It was unique because it operated totally differently to any other callings soul. PVP balancing will never exist. A mistake has been made and you will see it in the coming months.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser Bannj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    362

    Default

    I would like doms to get the banish ability
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

  10. #10
    Sword of Telara Orochan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    810

    Default

    lol we know who all the doms in pvp are now. They're coming out of the salt mines like rabbits.

    Dom was cancer to pvp, and it's mana drains were part of the problem. I'm glad it's gone. It was the very definition of toxic. It still floors me to see how people defend such a blatantly toxic soul in regards to pvp. Don't worry mages you can still play domarb and apply cancer to every WF you join.

  11. #11
    Champion sirdiggby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    lol we know who all the doms in pvp are now. They're coming out of the salt mines like rabbits.

    Dom was cancer to pvp, and it's mana drains were part of the problem. I'm glad it's gone. It was the very definition of toxic. It still floors me to see how people defend such a blatantly toxic soul in regards to pvp. Don't worry mages you can still play domarb and apply cancer to every WF you join.
    show me on the doll where the dom drained you.

    like nobody even plays domarb and you just keep harping about it.

    anyway this just makes pvp even worse as now you cant even counter healers but with your own healers

    well grats now those fks cant even be drained

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara Orochan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    show me on the doll where the dom drained you.

    like nobody even plays domarb and you just keep harping about it.

    anyway this just makes pvp even worse as now you cant even counter healers but with your own healers

    well grats now those fks cant even be drained
    I'm waiting for you to realize some things.

    - Every mage that pvps has a domarb spec
    - Mana drains never countered cross healing
    - Dom held 90% of mana draining abilities
    - Twisted Soul Major and Minor debuffs are a thing now, use them. They absolutely cripple heals.

    Until then, keep on mining that salt!
    Last edited by Orochan; 07-13-2016 at 07:33 PM.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched HeLLBoY77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    268

    Default

    It was about time..

  14. #14
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    512

    Default

    I would like to know from the Devs what they intend to give Dom in return for the substantial loss of effectiveness. The Nexion Orb is rubbish and easily dodged. You take away but haven't given anything. How many weeks and months to a revamp?

    As for the others..there will be other specs you will call cancer because you never learned to effectively deal with them.

  15. #15
    Sword of Telara Orochan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post

    As for the others..there will be other specs you will call cancer because you never learned to effectively deal with them.
    No it's pretty much just dom and FK at this point. I'd love a strat on how to effectively deal with someone who can constantly CC you and has ~100k hp though. This strat should be able to be done solo, otherwise it's not an actual strat.

    You fail to realize if there was a consistent and effective way to deal with doms, this change would have never of happened.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts