+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Shinkirou
  • 1 Post By Shinkirou
  • 1 Post By Stihl

Thread: Warlock changes

Default Warlock changes

Not happy with the warlock changes in PvP. Death's Door now hitting for less than it did before warlock soul was tuned. DD hits for 600-800 in pvp and was 1700-2300 (with high spellpower). I think they dialed it to 30% instead of reduced by 30%. 16k over 8 seconds and only if the target is eligible? PvP damage is nerfed 25% across the boards...so really thats 12k over 8 seconds? This was too strong because.....?
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

A friend reported massive blow hitting for 24k or somesuch on his shaman. In PvP. Hmmm.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Death's Door always did 300-600 per tick in pvp depending on the opponents build/gear level, when was it's damage almost trippled in pvp?

And yeah a 24k massive blow sounds about right provided they're geared, again build and gear level or the target can change your damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    Death's Door always did 300-600 per tick in pvp depending on the opponents build/gear level, when was it's damage almost trippled in pvp?

And yeah a 24k massive blow sounds about right provided they're geared, again build and gear level or the target can change your damage.
    Well, the problem is I have it in a video from 3.5 pre-warlock update/rework.

At about 3:49 some 955 normal with 1808 crit.
    At about 4:00 some 1249 normal.
    At 5:25 on you start to see alot of 1249 normal and 1734 upwards to 1900 crit.

It is a 58 point ability and half normal dot duration. This nerf has no supporting justification. It is nerfed to below pre-3.6 levels. After the consuming agony/opportunity fixes, it is essentially the most significant alignment the soul received to be up to date. 600-800. No. A 58 pt dot hits less than a 2 pt dot now.
    Last edited by Bannj; 07-13-2016 at 06:19 PM.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

I take it those are clerics who liked on your post!
    Last edited by Bannj; 07-13-2016 at 06:09 PM.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

No idea.

Anyway, not sure what to tell you, Warlock dots have been horrible in PvP for the longest time, that's why the main, and often only complaint about Warlock in regards to PvP is that they are THE DoT spec, yet cleric and warrior DoTs do 5x - 8x the damage.

Hardest I've ever been hit by Death's Door was a little over 500, though I don't get it applied to me often, as Warlock DoTs (at least before the buff) did 200-400 damage to me, so a Warlock was never getting me low enough to apply it without help in the first place.

Warlock's appeal in PvP wasn't it's damage, it's been significantly lacking that in PvP for a long time now.

If you're so convinced the DoTs were recently a force the be reckoned with, maybe you just kept fighting squishy people. When I PvPed as chloro a lot, I used to like having a Warlock on me, as cleansing their DoTs healed me for more damage than the DoTs could ever do to me.
    Also nerf bards.

Well sounds like you PvP'd in Storm Legion when you could cleanse heal through dots with chloro. A lot has changed. Thats about what dots hit for back then too. I don't know what to tell you except give PvP a try again. Maybe even play warlock yourself?
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Default Dots matter

Dots matter.

Enjoy.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Quote Originally Posted by Bannj View Post
    lol.

So in that first clip from where you start to the first cut, based off your own meter you do 148k damage over 15s using radiate, which is ~10k dps. It's not even enough damage to kill 2 people and it's spread out over 8 targets. A single Lib sustains higher aoe heals than that. Ecru in Cab did ~100k more damage (~60% more) than you in that same time span and I wouldn't be surprised if a cannon shot was involved in that clip.

Just because you see a whole bunch of yellow it doesn't mean it is particularly effective.
    Last edited by Stihl; 07-14-2016 at 02:56 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Good analysis Stihl. Yes it was a team effort, we had alot of pug firepower, and Ecru was at the forefront. I give him the lion's share of credit, perhaps that wasn't clear. I have him doing 178k damage in the span I am doing 136k. Our math is a little out of alignment. Thats 42k more, which is another half a person more than me.

I understand your disdain for the warlock's output given its generally inferior damage in those situations - compare it with reaver or cabalist, or even saboteur and it is lackluster. Understand that my intent is not to misrepresent warlock capabilities but to present an entertaining video that also refutes the dot misinformation already provided in this thread. A cabalist in t1 could have output more or at least as much as myself in that criitcal moment. I would not say otherwise. Ecru is well geared and of course will pull a lot more.

The cannons had only a second ago been activated, but you can't tell that since the game sound was muted.
    Last edited by Bannj; 07-14-2016 at 04:44 PM.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

I am wondering though, how you can believe that dots are ineffective. Is it because heals (you cite liberator specifically) can cover the damage? If they do, then what damage is not being covered? I am just one player on my team. If I can match or almost match one healer's output, or - lets be generous and say only 50% of one healer's output - how many healers do you surmise the team will need if I am one of 9 to 12 dps on my team?
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

It's not that dots are ineffective.

It's that ineffective dots are ineffective.
    Also nerf bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    It's not that dots are ineffective.

It's that ineffective dots are ineffective.
    We're back to talking about Storm Legion dots. There is a mastery called Final Breath that might bear investigation. No one can cleanse heal their way through dots anymore.

Final Breath
    * Upon death, enemies you, or your pet, have damaged within the last 3s apply Soul Collector to you, and your pet, healing for 4% of your Maximum Health over 5s. Can occur up to once every second.
    * When cleansed, your damage over time effects deal Ethereal damage to the enemy equal to 50% of your Spell Power.
    Last edited by Bannj; 07-15-2016 at 08:14 AM.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

+ Reply to Thread