+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Cold Front Change

Default Cold Front Change

SOULS

MAGE

FROSTKEEPER
    * Talent: Cold Front no longer grants speed to targets of the Frostkeeper’s Frost Barrier. Now, each time the Frostkeeper casts a heal spell, Cold Front increases the damage of the Frost Keeper’s next Hail Blast.
    Um.. I have one question.

Why..?
    Last edited by notawaifu; 07-06-2016 at 07:02 AM.

That passive was actually broken and guess they felt the movement speed was not a good choice anymore.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    That passive was actually broken and guess they felt the movement speed was not a good choice anymore.
    Probably not.

But a added damage?

When does a FK who is tank healing have a cool down for a worthless damage spell?

Why not just drop a worthless prop all together.

This smells of PvP problem.

Because the speed buff wasn't over powered in PvE.

Plane Touched

Default It's part of a trend

Because Mages can't have nice things ....

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    Probably not.

But a added damage?

When does a FK who is tank healing have a cool down for a worthless damage spell?

Why not just drop a worthless prop all together.

This smells of PvP problem.

Because the speed buff wasn't over powered in PvE.
    It wasn't a PVP problem, it was a general broken issue with Frost Barrier and Cold Front. As to why Cold Front was changed to Hail Blast, I don't know and I do agree that it isn't the best change. A 30 pt (33 spec'd whenever they fix that in-game since it's still incorrect) investment for something like that is very mediocre.

It's a worthless change, and I doubt any dev will explain why it was changed. I also doubt they care.

The whole Hail Blast thing is pointless, but it all is prob. linked to some notion of min. standard dps for every healer soul. It is possible FK is not meeting the min. which doesn't really matter to us.

But this is the third nerf to Frost Barrier, and if it was not for its role in Ground Zero, FB would be the worst barrier. The actual effect of FB is not impressive at all, and its 5 sec CD means the chance of being up when the spike damage occurs is not great. The shield it provides is more likely to be used up in damage that can be easily be healed through.

I have never heard anyone in PvE or PvP complain that FB is OP, rather it is continually nerfed to address other areas. It is just caught in the cross-fire, over and over.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 07-06-2016 at 09:59 AM.

They removed the class devs, so instead of investing time into making the spell work how it was suppose to, they just changed the function to something, which they won't have to invest time to balance in the game.

Without a class dev, we can expect more of these pointless changes, not because they benefit the game, but because Rift no longer has the support it use to have.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 07-06-2016 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    The whole Hail Blast thing is pointless, but it all is prob. linked to some notion of min. standard dps for every healer soul. It is possible FK is not meeting the min. which doesn't really matter to us.
    Instead of the obvious change to get this: Frigid Embrace. Just change this to a buff you put on the tank :/

Frostkeeper should not have been released how it is.

No notes this week. Removed a note that will go live next week.
    Last edited by CM Morgana; Reason: Removed a change that will go live next week.
    The change didn't even get applied to live...
    Lmfao. Nice patch.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 07-06-2016 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    The change didn't even get applied to live...
    Lmfao. Nice patch.
    It snuck it's way in but at least the sound effects did change! Frostkeeper's Armor no longer sounds like a screeching banshee and some others seemed to have been refined (Telluric, Earthwalk.)

I liked the old sound better, it was loud and pronounced, and a good audible indication that I had cast my spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    I liked the old sound better, it was loud and pronounced, and a good audible indication that I had cast my spell.
    Cast bar and seeing the person(s) health bar go up are clear indications that you had cast your spell(s). Previous FKA SFX was awful. awful. awful. awful.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

The new sound effects make me feel like i'm playing on board the USS Nautilus, complete with sonar and depth charge sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Cast bar and seeing the person(s) health bar go up are clear indications that you had cast your spell(s). Previous FKA SFX was awful. awful. awful. awful.
    There is a reason I said the word audible, as I make use of both my eyes and my ears, when playing Rift.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 07-10-2016 at 08:46 AM.

I'll adjust to the new sounds, but they are harder to pick out of all the other game sounds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast