+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hendrikdawin

Thread: Blazing Light not increasing Dodge stat base pool?

Plane Touched

Default Blazing Light not increasing Dodge stat base pool?

Hi all. i'm actually spending some time in testing the tank trees of all callings, and after finding something strange in the cleric tanking tree (see the topic http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...nt-broken.html) now i found something strange in the mage's one.
    in particular, i tested the arbiter-harbinger and noticed that when casting blazing light, the buff applies correctly to the mage (it says increase chance to dodge by 10%) , but the dodge stat amount in the character stats panel is not increasing.
    is this intended? is it a visual bug?
    p.s. i noticed that closing and reopening the character stats panel the amount is correctly shown
    Last edited by Mystifal; 05-30-2016 at 01:37 AM.

Telaran

blazing light does not increase your amount of dodge, it increases the chance. that means only the %number gets changed and if im right, it should show als "x% +10%", x is the amount you gain from your actual amount of dodge

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrikdawin View Post
    blazing light does not increase your amount of dodge, it increases the chance. that means only the %number gets changed and if im right, it should show als "x% +10%", x is the amount you gain from your actual amount of dodge
    This.

As far as I'm aware, there isn't any talent or ability in the game that will directly increase your dodge rating (unless you count stuff that increases the stat it derives from).

Plane Touched

after some testing, this was definitely only a graphical bug (statistics window not up to date when casting BL). effectively if you close and reopen the window you see the correct value.
    by the way probaly something was fixed and now the dodge chance (the number between parenthesys) changes from 10 to 20 applying BL.

+ Reply to Thread