+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Frostkeeper available for Public Beta on PTS Server

So glad we can test values with soul gift now.

I liked how ithe eternal preservation worked before but thought it needed a heal component. Now its just a buffed stream heal...not enough for me to spec all the way into it. E.g. Crystalline shield is wayyyyyyy more valuable as an off gcd with 30sec to predict death.

The Frosted debuff on mobs isnt interesting enough for me to bother applying it outside of pvp.
    Last edited by Maril; 03-30-2016 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Please update the tooltip of infrigidate. ER is now 1 sec cast after Hail Blast.

I don`t like it still. 1.5 dmg nuke and then 1s heal. That is still 2 gcds so 3 secs. Makes no sense.

Mages are still the only calling without an instant heal with no cd.

Why are barriers sharing cooldowns ? It takes 10 secs to put all 3 :/
    I experienced the same. And it is share cd with synth and veil swap too. doesn't make sense at all.
    Still see bugs what I reported. For me crystal barrier doesn't work at all. And when I use ground zero self buff I have it 4 times.
    Rime should be instant, spammable but seriously!
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Soulwalker

I like the direction cold snap is going but a couple of thoughts regarding it:

The charge cost seems a little strange since you'll end up getting more than that charge back with the 4 earthen renewals you'll probably cast with it. But what's more is that just casting the 4 instants will take up the majority of the time while you become un-interuptable. Making it effectively only 4 seconds long.

To that end, what if Cold Snap was a 30 second cd costing 100 charge? That would cause your next 4 earthen renewals (within 30 seconds for example) be instant. This would free up the use of rime while not consuming the instant buffs to better manage incoming damage as well as allow for safe use of eternal preservation in pvp.

These ideas can be tweaked of course.

PS: Seems fine that Barriers are on a 5 second cd seeing as how they're off the global (similar to how veils will be). But what doesn't make as much sense is that they share that 5 second cd. It takes a long time to get all 3 barriers up. I understand that veils share a cd because there's only 2 and they drastic playstyle differences but barriers are in a different league all together

Fss

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Substantial updates on PTS today! Go check them out.
    Expansive Mind:
    - Needs to be moved inside the 4 columns in the tree.

Eternal Preservation:
    - Might be my graphics settings but the spell should probably be blue or green not red.

Ground Zero:
    - When cast it gives you the buff four times.
    - It only effecting Rime and ER makes it not as impressive as I thought the spell was going to be. But understandable balancing. It probably had a hand in making hybrid too strong.

Natural Awarness (Chloro):
    - FK Armour, Frost Barrier, ER, and EM are still the only spells that proc NA

Mastery
    - Arcane Finesse is still begging for something FK related
    __

Infrigidate:
    - Somebody back in the thread said something about mages always being about combat - and that's why a mechanic like this is in FK. I and others just don't like it. What's the point. This isn't chloro. We're targeting our heal targets now. It doesn't feel right. Can't we just stay on our healing. The 1.5s on HB and then 1s ER. Is too long and useless.
    - Change the talent to instead cause HB to proc a small on your Barrier's or yourself.
    - I'm not suggesting Rime reduce ER. because of the following

Rime + ER:
    - Make Rime instant.
    - It already does low healing but lowered it more if you must. Rime being instant solves this spec's mobility problem and Chloro's.
    - Reduce ER's cast time to 1.5 and lower charge gain to 9 or 12
    ∴ ER becomes the spec's main spam when standing because it's higher healing. With Rime behind it to back up.

edit: Idea:
    Change Infrigidate to cause Rime to be instant. Then lower ER's base cast time to 1.5.
    That way you still start with a cast time while leveling. Then at level 6 you can get an instant Rime. Then level 8 you get ER cast times again. Teach new people that cast time heal > instant w/ no cd.
    This does mean you'd have to move a point off Infrigidate unless you base: 1.5, talent: 1/instant.
    __

Barriers:
    - Need separate gcds.

Frost Barrier + Cold Front:
    - It seems wrong that you get the movespeed boost when the shield times out. It should only happen if the shield is destroyed. It's not a big shield but outside of combat afaik it's basically a permanent 30% movespeed buff.
    -- Frost Barrier is applying Cold Front even without points spent in it. aka you can have 5 points in FK and get the Movespeed.

Crystal Barrier:
    - Doesn't seem to be working

Ablative Crystals:
    - Endurance buff is invisible.

Earthen Barrier:
    - Why is this the only barrier with charge gain
    __

Earthwalk or a new spell:
    - Earthwalk should either also have a cc break or the soul needs a new spell in the form of a breakfree.

Infuse Magic:
    - still heals a LOT. Not sure if intended to average 50k and crit higher than 100k.

Earthen Rapport:
    - Intended to proc off Frost Barrier's passive?
    - is definitely not scaling with just/only 100% of SP. Unless I'm bad at math: 20k =/= 36k

Transcendent Adjuration:
    - Removing the charge cost still doesn't make the spell good imo.
    - A three person FoL or even a damage mitigation cooldown be neater. But the the spell is fine being a three person Essence Surge w/ the shield from FK Armour.

ps. I personally really like the soul
    Last edited by Fss; 03-31-2016 at 07:11 AM. Reason: added punctuation

Shadowlander

I do not know if this is a bug on PTS or whatever it is but most of abilities have no sound effect.
    Could someone else check and confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    61 Points: Eternal Preservation - 6s Channel - Cooldown 1m
    Channel a Heal on target ally for 50% of their Maximum Health every 1s for 6s. If the target receives a killing blow within that time, restores 50% health and prevents the killing blow.
    Can I move during this channel? I don't like the idea of my most important spell being interruptable. I hope it's something a la Ameliorate then.

Comparing with "similar" souls:
    - Invigorate; Instant, no gcd.
    - Turn the Tide; Instant, no gcd.
    - Flame of Life; Instant.
    - Unstable Transformation; Instant, no gcd.

Quote Originally Posted by Fss View Post
    Mastery
    - Arcane Finesse is still begging for something FK related
    Agreed, Arcane Finesse is terrible. Something FK related or a complete rework on that @_@.

Infrigidate:
    - Somebody back in the thread said something about mages always being about combat - and that's why a mechanic like this is in FK. I and others just don't like it. What's the point. This isn't chloro. We're targeting our heal targets now. It doesn't feel right. Can't we just stay on our healing.
    That's what I meant on my last post, I beleive the same is true about the purge. Doesn't it make more sense to let Chloro purge since it's the one targetting the enemies/Offensive Healer?

Not just that, the whole concept, using the powers of nature to purge, comapared to Ice? ~ I also do not understand why it uses so many Earth skills, maybe it'll explained within the lore, but yeah ... makes no sense so far.

I honestly love the FK and I feel that along with it other great ideas came into fruition, now it's all about implementing them where they belong and/or feel more fluid.

Barriers:
    - Need separate gcds.

Earthwalk or a new spell:
    - Earthwalk should either also have a cc break or the soul needs a new spell in the form of a breakfree.

Transcendent Adjuration:
    - Removing the charge cost still doesn't make the spell good imo.
    - A three person FoL or even a damage mitigation cooldown be neater. But the the spell is fine being a three person Essence Surge w/ the shield from FK Armour.

ps. I personally really like the soul
    I second aaaaaaall that.

I also would like to add, that instead trying to kill the synergy between Chloro and FK to avoid hybrids, just work further on improving FK (even tho the release is almost here) making it worthy of 61. I'm looking forward to it, 3.6 Hype is real xD

Hi, don't if this was mention or not.
    Being a mage tank, I was looking around using FK as one of the two second souls.
    So I drop 5 point in there to get the armor, and one of the shield.

I apply the shield and armor to myself. So now, as I cast a single target heal on myself, I should receive a proc from the armor, right?

Then a weird thing happen:

I target myself and cast one of the damage reduction (mana shield or the other 5 seconde one): I get a proc from the armor. Nice.

No targetting a hostile target, cat one of the damage reduction: I receive the reduction (no wonder) but don't get a proc from the armor! Which is weird! Those reduction are count as a single shield spell and should proc the armor, even if I don't target myself atm, cause it is still applied to me and not my target.

Same goes for the selfheal of arbiter. Targetting myself: heal+proc, targetting another target: only heal part.
    Shanor@Brisesol
    Maître Mage de l'Ordre Draconique
    L'Ordre Draconique - Guilde PvE/PvP à forte vocation jeux de rôle.
    http://www.lagardedraconique.org/

Fss

Quote Originally Posted by Shanor View Post
    Hi, don't if this was mention or not.
    Being a mage tank, I was looking around using FK as one of the two second souls.
    So I drop 5 point in there to get the armor, and one of the shield.

No targetting a hostile target, cat one of the damage reduction: I receive the reduction (no wonder) but don't get a proc from the armor! Which is weird!
    I'll expand on this for you.

Triggering Frostkeeper's Ward in Arbiter test:

Targeting nothing
    - Only Crystalline Shield procs the armour but only if it doesn't cast on ally.
    -- ala if cast on ally = no proc

Targeting self
    - Shield Surge
    - Mana Aegis
    - Soothing Waters
    - Shield of the North Wind
    - Crystalline Shield
    - Shattered Reflection, Even if it doesn't hit anything

IMO Only Soothing Waters should be triggering it. Since it's the only heal. - and the Armour states "All single-target heals..." Perhaps Crystalline too since it does eventually heal. But none of these other shield and mitigations should be procing it like they are.
    __

Frostkeeper's Ward in Frostkeeper:

A bunch of targeted related mishaps in the soul itself

On Target only
    - Transcendent Abjuration, Even if they do not have a Barrier on.
    - Frozen Wind
    - Crystal Barrier

Misc
    - Eternal Preservation, Does not trigger it at all despite being a st heal.
    - Expel Harm, as far as I can test without going into mobs. The successful cleanse triggers regardless of target.
    __

Other spells that proc FK Armour only if self targeted:
    - Conditioned Response (Harb)
    - Burning Shield (Pyro)
    - Mortality (Warlock)
    - Flourish (Chloro)
    - Wild Growth (" ")
    - Living Shell (" ")

I think you get the point.
    Last edited by Fss; 03-31-2016 at 07:09 AM.

Prophet of Telara

New Tree Skill

Frostkeeper available for Public Beta on PTS Server-fk.png

BUG: It only reduces cast time by 0.7 s

Eternal Preservation nerfed to 30% per 1s from 50 %.
    Last edited by Lokken`; 03-31-2016 at 09:55 AM.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Please consider our suggestions. This spec is already impressive, just need a few fine tuning.

- Break free (possibility transform earthwalk into a break free + teleport)
    - Rime instant (even if it needs tied to a high tree talent or mastery)
    - few more bug fixing (crystal barrier, same cd on all barriers and veils)
    And done we have an amazing healer soul!

And please don’t kill hibryds. Don’t listen to dew, I really don’t see any reason why hybrids should be killed. As wardinel is a new shining star in pvp, frostmancer could be the same. We could use specs depending on bgs and our team comp: run speed spec for flag running, heavy chloro for whitefall/cq, heavy FK for small scale and so on. My old wish: mage healer for 5er!!!! It was so boring if I want 5er I have to play dom!

Why force our imagine into 1 BIS build?
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Soulwalker

I've noticed some mana issues with frostkeeper. I'm not saying that mana should be irrelevent, but without any on demand or active mana regen (something like what chloro or pyro has) I can see frostkeeper realisitcally starving out. Returning mana on crits is an interesting idea but bad rng can lead to problems that can't always be covered up through pots. Especially in pvp.

As it stands now, having a mana return root spell somewhere would be a nice QoL addition.

As a quick reference it took me ~2:40 minutes to oom spamming rime as frostkeeper with 24% crit while it took ~3:35 spamming healing invocation as sentinel on my cleric to oom (better analogues probably exist but this is just the quick and dirty one I chose).

Other things to note:

- Cold Front affects mounted movement speed. Which is very cool but I'm not sure it's intended. I think Frozen Ground Might affect mounted movement speed as well but it was harder to tell.

- Cold Front procs from frozen barrier with no points spent in the soul. Shows increases movement speed by 0%.

- Some barriers could use tooltip improvements. Earthen Barrier doesn't say what the icd on the heal is. Crystal barrier doesn't show what the absorb amount is.

- Both Earthen and Crystal Barrier are missing the "Only one barrier may be active on any given ally at a time."

- Earthen Barrier shows it returns 22 charge on cast (and it does actually return the charge). While Frozen and Crystal do not show charge returns in tooltip or on cast. (Not sure which was is intended but it's just an inconsistency).

- Barriers share cd with veils.

- Rhythm of the Earth only deceases the cast time of Earthen Renewal by 0.7 seconds and does not decrease the gcd.

- Infuse Magic displays no buff.

- Frostkeeper has no passive spell pushback resist

- Cold Snap does not affect Frozen Wind

- Tooltip error on Eternal Preservation. Displays "...restores [HEALPERCENT1]% health and prevents..." instead of actual amount.

- Bloom and Flourish both consume a stack of Cold Snap even with 2 points in Healing Slipstream.

- Frostkeeper has no interesting mastery synergy.

- Earthen Rapport doesn't proc off non raid/party members but will proc of Healing Dummy. It also procs off self heals (not sure if intended).

- Not sure if Ground Zero is working yet.

- Frostkeeper's Armor doesn't display any information as to what the absorb might actually be (as well as what is could be based on missing health).

- Crystalline Resonance doesn't seem to affect the shield from Frostkeeper's Armor.

- Pathing on Bitter Gust still seems broken.

- No Aoe cleanse. Might be intended but could also make some nte and raid encounters difficult.

- Frozen Ground tooltip doesn't display active duration

PS: I like the changes to frozen wind and rhythm of the earth but 2.5 second cast time are still brutal :/. As well, casting a single target instant spell to better AoE heal seems a little awkward.
    Last edited by The Original Neylo; 04-01-2016 at 10:21 AM.

Fss

Just want to keep pointing out that everything here is still happening. Making simple cast @self macros for each Arbiter cds now gives a free 5k (thanks for tooltip on armour) shield.

As well as your target is shielded whenever you aoe heal.

__

- Armour now has shield value tooltip
    - Barriers no longer ogcd
    -- No longer have a cooldown
    - Hail Blast now instant
    - Rhythm of the Earth works now afaik
    - Eternal Preservation now also mitigated 40%
    - Telluric Burst is now 6s cd from 10s
    - Crystal Barrier -> Ablative Crystals -> Earthen Barrier, linked on last patch
    -- Ground Zero and Earthen Barrier swaped on tree
    - Expanded Mind now 4% from 8%

Many bugs and needed qol changes still exist, listed throughout thread
    Last edited by Fss; 04-01-2016 at 10:15 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Another batch of FK changes on PTS
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Ok, so how useless is a cast time aoe heal when it's quicker to cast vile spores which does so, so much more aoe healing on impact? And yes, of course frostkeeper would spend a few points in chloro, right? So it would be available for most specs. So are we saying that the whole ability is for the EDGE CASE where we are out of range of something attackable?

Crystalline Resonance doesn't seem to be affecting Bloom and Flourish, which are each cast time heals spec'd to being instant.

This makes a big difference in my choice of spec.

Test:

Cast FK armor, FK Barrier on self

Cast bloom on self to get average heal

Spend remaining 3 points in Crystalline Resonance

Cast bloom on self
    Observe no change to healing output on self

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast